Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    When our plan is up in Jun 08, my wife will get one. At that point I will decide whether to wait for the much expected new Treo to come in fall of 08 or get the Centro.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I have a 755p and played with a Centro in the store yesterday. My personal opinion, first? It does not feel like a cheap toy, however! I did notice a slight "sparkly" effect in the black paint.... It was solid and the screen was pleasing to my eye. I don't feel the difference in screen size is going to be noticeable especially when the resolution seemed so much better to me. The keyboard was my biggest concern since I won't cut down the french manicure to accomodate my phone ) and it was just fine. I flew along on it just like I do my 755 after exactly 20 seconds of use. The fact that it IS smaller, (I don't care who disagrees, it's smaller!! a lot!) is a big seller to me, but the battery life is necessary.. I use my Treo from 6 am until 10 pm and I have to charge once a day already...
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    I am waiting for my 900P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    I am waiting for my 900P.

OK Perry,

What your prediction?
    Fall of 08
    or
    1st Quarter of 09
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Held the centro today. I will switch when the price drops.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    OK Perry,

What your prediction?
    Fall of 08
    or
    1st Quarter of 09

Oh Lord.

I am actually going to lose a $25 bet w/ dstrauss because I bet on "in stores and for sale" by 02/29/08 over a year ago.

I will go with November of '08, for my real thought in the above bet was that it would be November of '07 and I gave myself a 3 month hedge. Alot of good that did.

The only plausible reason in my mind for Q1 '09 is that they would want to give the third party community time to have a full slate of updates ready for the new OS (or even on the device), even though backward compatiblity for heritage PalmOS apps has been given as a goal.

(My crystal ball spent way too much time in the PPR on the last go-around.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Oh Lord.

I am actually going to lose a $25 bet w/ dstrauss because I bet on "in stores and for sale" by 02/29/08 over a year ago.

I will go with November of '08, for my real thought in the above bet was that it would be November of '07 and I gave myself a 3 month hedge. Alot of good that did.

The only plausible reason in my mind for Q1 '09 is that they would want to give the third party community time to have a full slate of updates ready for the new OS (or even on the device), even though backward compatiblity for heritage PalmOS apps has been given as a goal.

(My crystal ball spent way too much time in the PPR on the last go-around.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Ok Bro, Nov 08 sounds good to me. I hope I can hold out. The Centro is tempting.

BTW: I'm glad you were released from the PPR.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123