Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Called retentions x2

was told because I have only been a customer since April 07 the best they could do was offer me the Centro at full price with a 75.00 discount. 324.00 plus tax....Im not so sure thats worth it.

Gonna give it one more try to see if someone will offer me a better deal but I highly doubt it....

Any tips on how to talk to retentions to get what ya want?
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Quote Originally Posted by CPL Radar View Post
    I must be the only person in the world looking for a larger Treo. If the damn things get any smaller, I'm going back to a pen and notepad and a Jitterbug cell phone.
    I cant see going any smaller than the 755. Thinner maybe,but I like solid feeling gadgets. My favorite phone was my sanyo 4900, and I know that folx considered that to be a brick, but I dont care for bluetooth all the time, and I also like phones I can cradle in my neck.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I don't see any reason to switch from my 755 but it'll likely be a replacement for my wife's 700p if/when that dies.

I'm still holding out for a phone that actually has improved features over the previous model.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    end result-

got it thru Retentions for 299.00, no contract renewal

guess I will sell my 755 to make up the cost.

my account had been flagged since I called earlier in the day, the Rep said since I was offered a discount already this was the final retention offer, I wasnt going to argue, I was grateful to get it under 300.00

Considering I AM a Sero customer AND I JUST got my 755 in May, I think it was quite generous.

Hopefully the switch to the Centro is a good idea....
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I cant see going any smaller than the 755. Thinner maybe,but I like solid feeling gadgets. My favorite phone was my sanyo 4900, and I know that folx considered that to be a brick, but I dont care for bluetooth all the time, and I also like phones I can cradle in my neck.
    Heck, if I want to go small, I'll just get a NEC N908. It will fit in my wallet.
    I'm making the switch...I keep mine in my pocket all the time so anything smaller is a plus. The only thing I'll miss is the finish of the 755.

I wouldn't have done it if it cost alot, but even though I started my new line back in May (after cancelling my old line) to get a 755p, I was able upgrade and get a Centro for $99 after rebate.

After I unload the 755, I'll even turn a profit.
    No way I would downgrade for less realestate for a screen and keyboard. I won't downgrade on battery life either. IMHO, anyone who has a 755 is just looking for an excuse to buy another device, a.k.a. device junkies. I will just keep my 700 for another year until Palm's new OS may become reality or until something I like comes up.
    at&t iPhone3G
    You wouldn't have less screen real estate since they have the same resolution. In fact, images are probably sharper on the Centro since the pixels are packed more closely together. For those that are switching from a 755P to a Centro, they're just following that same thing you mention, "... until something I like comes up.".
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    You wouldn't have less screen real estate since they have the same resolution. In fact, images are probably sharper on the Centro since the pixels are packed more closely together. For those that are switching from a 755P to a Centro, they're just following that same thing you mention, "... until something I like comes up.".
    I agree...the problem is I don't like the Centro. It seems like a cheap toy.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I saw one in store today and it didn't look "toy-ish" to me. Anyway if I miss the soft-touch paint of my 755P I can just get a Flexi-skin for my Centro.
    Until "something I like comes up" is definitely why I got a Centro. It seems, from what I've read here anyway, that maybe late 2008, early 2009 before anything new as far as Palm OS. So, if I'm gonna be sitting on a model for a while, I definitely prefer the smaller Centro to my 755. That being said, no way I'd have jumped ship if I had to buy one outright. In fact, I'll probably net at least $150 out of this. Probably more, but I don't count the additional money I'll get for any accessories that will need to be replaced.
    nope, I like the size of the screen & keypad on the 755, and the rubberized feel... the 755 will hold me over until the next generation palm o/s, or until the windows mobile user interface gets better...
    HTC Touch Pro
    Yeah,I was in a Sprint store today playing with a Centro.Because my 755p was acting like a piece!But after messing around with it for about an hour or so.I was actually suprised how much I liked it.Its definitely smaller all around.The screen isn't so much smaller that it makes it unusable.It just looks a whole lot sharper.Alot sharper.And the keyboard that just the talk of the town,was not bad at all.There it,I said it.I got used to it in about 2 minutes.I just opened the Memos App. and went to town.Typed about 100 words a lot faster than I thought I was going to be able to.then sat back and read it.Believe it or not I didn't misspell one word.not one.Maybe I'm just a beast at texting.But whatever.If you just type and not sit there and worry if your hitting the right letter.It feels very natural.I was shocked!And this is coming from a dude who is 6'6 with large hands.Every keyboard has its learning curve.Period.I had to get used to the 755p coming from an 8700c.But tonight my 755p started resetting like it was possesed.So I'm going to Sprint today to swap it out(still in 30 day trial period).Either for another 755p or a Centro.After using one(Centro) today,there is definitely a huge chance that I'm gonna drop my Buggy,unstable exorcist 755p for a Centro!All of what you just read was purely my opinion.Have a nice day.
    So what I've read so far is the size difference is the biggest factor people are using to stay or get a 755p.

ET
    Just got mine in the mail. Smaller size is fantastic. Screen looks amazing. It has that sharpness that I always wished it had. No issue typing on the keyboard.
  16.    #36  
    wow! thanks for all the responses. I checked the centro treocental discussion and they are loving it. some are previous 755 owners.
    I'd consider it, except the slighter smaller screen is annoying. I wish it was easier to enlarge the fonts in everything. My eyes get tired looking at the screen all day as it is...

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    I have to admit to having some serious Centro envy!! I saw one in the store today, too. Unfortunately I couldn't take it out of the plastic bag (the store demo model was, as they put it, "Home being activated" WTH???). Anyway, from what I could tell on the rubberized key pad...loved it. I was disappointed I couldn't thumbnail type on the 755P when I bought it (too slippery to keep nails on the keys). The Centro was the feel I was hoping the 755 would have.

But I LOVE the size. I didn't get to see it turned on. I will reserve my final level of envy until I get to see it "in action". But right now, I'm drooling and seriously wish I had an upgrade to use!

The only other thing that would really make it difficult not to buy is if I found out bluetooth was more stable. I need reliable bluetooth and while the 755 work o.k., it is not rock solid.
    I'm not jumping ship just yet. I just bought a Krusell case for the 755P. Hopefuly now that the Centro is out, the price for the 755 battery will drop. I remember with my 650 and the 700 came out, then came previews of another model without the stubby antenna. I remember a lot of people couldn't part with ol' stubby. Then the 755 came.

Going from the Treo 650 to the 755p. I remember when the 755P came out everyone said the same thing about how the screen was much sharper. Having the two side by side, the 755P was sharper.

Only thing I'm pissed off at is that PTunes deluxe and Docs to go 10 comes with the Centro and we can't get it for the 755.
    Quote Originally Posted by onekoolfella View Post
    I'm not jumping ship just yet. I just bought a Krusell case for the 755P. Hopefuly now that the Centro is out, the price for the 755 battery will drop. I remember with my 650 and the 700 came out, then came previews of another model without the stubby antenna. I remember a lot of people couldn't part with ol' stubby. Then the 755 came.

Going from the Treo 650 to the 755p. I remember when the 755P came out everyone said the same thing about how the screen was much sharper. Having the two side by side, the 755P was sharper.

Only thing I'm pissed off at is that PTunes deluxe and Docs to go 10 comes with the Centro and we can't get it for the 755.
    I agree about the 755 looking sweeter. I wonder what the battery life is like sacrificing size.
    at&t iPhone3G
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast