1.    #1  
    OK. I upgraded from 650 today, basically just followed the directions and ported everything from the 650 on the phone. Realized afterwords that I had to delete off pocket tunes v3 and google maps for the ones in the ROM to show up. I notice that power vision is slow to connect, then it looks like it will only connect to 1xRTT (green arrows). I noticed during the hotsync some phone and carrier profiles getting copied over. Is it possible that something happened and it is preventing the EVDO from working because it is working with some 650 junk? I am in Leesburg VA and I am pretty sure we should have EVDO here.
    Perhaps you have a problematic unit, or there's spotty EVDO coverage where you're at.

Based on my experience to-date, Blazer seems even faster than on the Treo -- everything seems to load quicker. It could be latency has improved with this generation of the device.
  3.    #3  
    Well I did a hard reset and only loaded on apps that are in the bonus section of MyCentro, and my old txt messages. Still disappointed with the data. Also it takes forever to connect to the PowerVision network. My 650 made a connection to the network much quicker. Also seems like the Centro doesn't want to connect and the application trying to use vision times out, then you try again and it will re-establish the vision and connect. May have to call up support if it remains this flaky.
    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols View Post
    Well I did a hard reset and only loaded on apps that are in the bonus section of MyCentro, and my old txt messages. Still disappointed with the data. Also it takes forever to connect to the PowerVision network. My 650 made a connection to the network much quicker. Also seems like the Centro doesn't want to connect and the application trying to use vision times out, then you try again and it will re-establish the vision and connect. May have to call up support if it remains this flaky.

I haven't played with the internet much since I got my Centro.... But what you are describing seems to be very similar to my experience with the web -- It's difficult to connect and seems slow.

I will play with it more tomorrow and see if it continue to do the same.
    Mine is so much faster. I dont know if its the data speeds or the unit itself compared to the 700P but Blazer actually blazes now. I used to sit there with my 700P waiting for a page to load but now its split second. And snapper mail downloads the mail so fast I cant read who is sending it. I used to sit there as it downloaded my Email and I would see the progress bar go across the screen. Now its instantly downloaded. I am pleasantly suprised.
    Ouch..sounds like some quality control probs. Make sure you get a good unit. CNET reports a weak speaker. Others say its the best ever from palm.

Some say its faster than ever..others saying its laggy with vision connect probs.

I'd keep exchanging til you get a winner That's something i've had to do with about every treo i've had.
  7.    #7  
    OK. Talked to tech support. My vision plan was the old $5 Unlimited Vision, not one of the $15 or more vision plus. Had them upgrade, reprovision the vision part and now it is connecting right up and screaming and I am finally seeing the blue arrows for data instead of green. So if you go from a 650 to a Centro make sure they upgrade you to power vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols View Post
    OK. Talked to tech support. My vision plan was the old $5 Unlimited Vision, not one of the $15 or more vision plus. Had them upgrade, reprovision the vision part and now it is connecting right up and screaming and I am finally seeing the blue arrows for data instead of green. So if you go from a 650 to a Centro make sure they upgrade you to power vision.
    That's good new. For a while, I was conern we Centro had a problem.

Good Luc
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    It's fast, except my problem is Versa takes forever on GMail ... need to get it setup to IMAP somehow!
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Instead of using Versa, use Sprint Mobile Email app for Gmail instead. It's faster and an easier setup. With Versa you'll have to create filters else you'll see your sent-mail in your inbox.
    Yah, I wanted to avoid using the Sprint email client, but I guess I have to ... it is a lot faster though, something I don't understand. Oh well ...
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

Watch out for CS. The reps are trying to downgrade the data plan to Vision (not Power Vision) because they think that it's a 1xRTT phone.
    First time powering on, I am getting 186K on Mspeed. Any other results?
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    How long though does it take to load a graphics-intense page like cnet.com?
    I thought I saw another thread about a fix for the slow connection, maybe not as this is the most appropriate one found in my search.

Here's what I don't understand; If rev 0 should be upwards of 600/kbps to ~1000+/kbps then the 120-250 is painfully slow. I have the correct "power" vision provisioning but in EVDO areas the fastest test (dslreports) gave me 504/kbps this AM.

I have changed my HA's in the ##data# menu but I am still not getting speeds I thought I should. Even with phone as modem (PDANet) here is the best in EVDO, notice the upload speed though;

http://www.speedtest.net/result/225732568.png

On 1XRTT the best;
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/225730876.png

Am I missing something or is this typical on the Centro with EVDO coverage?

Thanks
    I realized that EVDO is not in my area yet. It IS where we bought the phones about 30 miles away. At least while she is shopping, I can surf the web (grin)
    Eric "FerretBOY" T.
    Sprint Centro in Black - Stewie skin on top. (What the Deuce???)
    Running Lightspeed for battery and CPU boost.

"Welcome to Sprint . . . Sorry, you live in a backwater area that doesn't support EVDO . . . You lose . . . Please HOLD, while we place you on HOLD!!"

If G-D didnt want man to have a treo, he wouldnt give us opposable thumbs to type on its keyboard !