Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I see DTG 10 is installed on ROM. However, any idea of where to find the desktop component? If I recall on the 755, Palm had a link to it on their site. I've checked the CD on the Centro and it's not on there.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Get your registration number from your Centro Docs to Go Menu -> About.

Then go to DataViz WEB site https://store.dataviz.com/Regi&Add and open an account and register. Then you be able to download the desktop software from their WEB site.

Rich
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I forgot to mention that I've already tried it. The message comes back that the product (v10) is not available for download...odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by iFalcon View Post
    I see DTG 10 is installed on ROM. However, any idea of where to find the desktop component? If I recall on the 755, Palm had a link to it on their site. I've checked the CD on the Centro and it's not on there.

Thanks.
    Actually, the Centro user guide (page 77) says to go to "go.palm.com/centro-sprint/" to download the desktop version of DTG, but that link doesn't seem to be working yet.

It also says the bundled version does not support Office 2007 file formats but I haven't confirmed that limitation yet.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    user guide...of course. if you select check for upgrades on dtg in rom it gives a msg about 2007 upgrade.
    I had already purchased DTG 10 for my 700p and am wondering how to get Office 2007 file support w/o having to install the entire set of files and taking up unnecessary internal memory.

I've already sent an email to DataViz support asking how to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by iFalcon View Post
    user guide...of course. if you select check for upgrades on dtg in rom it gives a msg about 2007 upgrade.
    After reading your post I checked mine. It sounds like they will be providing a downloadable update to support Office 2007 file formats.

That's the good news.

The bad news is that the link they send you to says it can't tell what version/device you have and can't determine if an update is available.

Also, it looks like the bundled version is just the standard Docs 2 Go, not the professional version (which supports PDF files, password protected Office files and a few other things). I guess I may end up needing to install the full version anyway, sucking up free internal memory. Too bad they didn't include all of the functionality in ROM and just let you add the new license code to enable the Pro features.