1.    #1  
    Maybe it sounds noobish considering i've had Treos for years. I hardly used the pocketunes with it. Always had an ipod or the like. Plus the few times i used it, it skipped, etc.

But i have to say, the 700p MR fixed that and i tried the deluxe version for the hell of it. It rocks. Of course it plays songs, i'm talking about the streaming.

I think this is huge to be included on the Centro. And something they need to hammer to the masses on how cool it is. Was in the car with the kiddos the other day...one of their ipods went dead on battery, i gave my Treo to him and told him to hit pockettunes and the internet radio. He was in shock. Then i showed him slingbox..and he's like "i want one"..lol

People can cry all day about the Palm OS all they want. But IMO, this "entry level smartphone" as some have been calling it easily beats most anything out there right now even if it didn't have the low price tag.
  2. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Can the PocketTunes play stuff from iTunes that you ripped yourself from CD? And while I doubt it--how about stuff bought from the music store?
    You must remove the iTunes DRM or purchase the more expensive non-DRM mp3s from iTMS.
    yes it will play stuff you ripped yourself in iTunes, in either mp3 or aac format. It won't play any of the DRM'ed stuff from the store as detective said, but it will play audio podcasts from the itunes store (which are free, but available thru the store interface). The only exception there is "enhanced" AAC podcasts that have links and multiple slideshow-type album art. Those choke, but I use TCPMP if I run into one of those...and I would assume PocketTunes will eventually add that too...AAC was only added with the last version.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Maybe it sounds noobish considering i've had Treos for years. I hardly used the pocketunes with it. Always had an ipod or the like. Plus the few times i used it, it skipped, etc.

But i have to say, the 700p MR fixed that and i tried the deluxe version for the hell of it. It rocks. Of course it plays songs, i'm talking about the streaming.

I think this is huge to be included on the Centro. And something they need to hammer to the masses on how cool it is. Was in the car with the kiddos the other day...one of their ipods went dead on battery, i gave my Treo to him and told him to hit pockettunes and the internet radio. He was in shock. Then i showed him slingbox..and he's like "i want one"..lol

People can cry all day about the Palm OS all they want. But IMO, this "entry level smartphone" as some have been calling it easily beats most anything out there right now even if it didn't have the low price tag.
    Yeah, I too think it was a great decision by Palm to include the deluxe version of PTunes in the Centro. I have a phone that is great for playing my iTunes library, which I didn't do much with my 700p. And having all the other 3rd party apps (especially SlingPlayer) makes me think the iPhone has a ways to go, before this 20 year Apple/Mac diehard will migrate.
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    You must remove the iTunes DRM or purchase the more expensive non-DRM mp3s from iTMS.
    or you can try out the amazon.com mp3 store... $0.89 per song, and they're all DRM-free! and you can automatically add songs you buy there unto iTunes.
    It can play some DRM, audible audiobook DRM for example.