Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I started a thread at Hobbyist's sub-forum regarding this feature request.

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,55862.0.html

I'm guessing that the more responses the developer gets, the more likely that he will put time into it.

Thanks.
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
    Absolutely. This might even be a make-or-break for me getting a Centro. Oddly, enough the Centro User Guide says the indicator light is supposed to alert you to missed calls...oh, well.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by porkozone View Post
    Absolutely. This might even be a make-or-break for me getting a Centro. Oddly, enough the Centro User Guide says the indicator light is supposed to alert you to missed calls...oh, well.
    Hmm... excellent find. I haven't read the manual (yes, RTFM), but now that i have:

Page 98: "Your device’s indicator light blinks green when you have a new alert. This way, you can be aware of new alerts even if the screen is off."

Page 9: "Indicator Light provides status information for your device based on the color of the light and the blink state. The indicator is visible only when the light is on."

Is this the first bug?
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

4.    #4  
    MODS: Please change the title of the thread to something more generic about the Centro's LED. It seems like the LED is meant to work as we have hoped (but doesn't).

5.    #5  
    Someone please try this and report back:

1) Go to "Prefs" (preferences) and chose "Sound & Alerts".
    2) Under "Application:", chose "Messaging".
    3) Uncheck "Show Message Alerts" (remove check in box).
    4) Chose "Done".

5) Go to home screen, turn off screen ("End" key). Set down device, do not turn it on.

6) Send yourself a text message from another phone or sprint.com.

Question: when the message arrives, does the 1) screen stay turn OFF, and 2) does the LED blink green?

Many thanks.

The LED doesn't work and if I remember correctly the 680 owners had the same issue.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagbklyn View Post
    The LED doesn't work and if I remember correctly the 680 owners had the same issue.
    Interesting correlation. I found an app linked from the 680 forum "Service LED for Treo 680" that runs on the Centro and causes the LED to blink green. This does not solve the missed call/incoming SMS issue, but does indicate that perhaps there can be a programmatic solution.

Thanks for the info. Do I assume Butler extends LED functionality for the 680? I haven't got mine yet, and will probably get one even with it LED-less, hoping there's a solution eventually, either from Palm (heh) or someone else.

So what happens if you miss a call, etc while the screen is off, and you press a hard key to open an app? Does the alert stay in front onscreen, or does the new app launch, hiding the alert away to be missed further? I've never used a treo before, only Palm PDAs.
    Has anyone got a program to sucessfully bring back the led to alerts?
    diane
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    Has anyone got a program to sucessfully bring back the led to alerts?
    Starting with Butler 4.35b and up (he's up to 4.38b now), you can get a solid Green LED for SMS and Voicemail.

Been using it for a couple of days now...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    cool. thanks. yea I just read the link on the top of this thread. solid green will do for now. I mean at least it's something right?
    diane
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Starting with Butler 4.35b and up (he's up to 4.38b now), you can get a solid Green LED for SMS and Voicemail.

Been using it for a couple of days now...
    solid green LED for missed calls as well?

I have a Powerman trial and I am wondering if I should invest in Butler instead for LED control...

any opinions?
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post

I have a Powerman trial and I am wondering if I should invest in Butler instead for LED control...

any opinions?
    Butler all the way. For LED, alarms, buttons,.... Been using for years and it was the first app on my new Centro. Developer fixes things quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by snovvman View Post
    Someone please try this and report back:

1) Go to "Prefs" (preferences) and chose "Sound & Alerts".
    2) Under "Application:", chose "Messaging".
    3) Uncheck "Show Message Alerts" (remove check in box).
    4) Chose "Done".

5) Go to home screen, turn off screen ("End" key). Set down device, do not turn it on.

6) Send yourself a text message from another phone or sprint.com.

Question: when the message arrives, does the 1) screen stay turn OFF, and 2) does the LED blink green?

Many thanks.
    Phone vibrated and screen came on, but not directly to the message. It stayed at my "home" screen. Display then turned off fairly quickly (5 or 10 seconds).

No LED change at all. Still off.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=154609

From the above thread, it looks like Powerman can currently give you solid green LED for missed text or phone call. While it's not an alert for voicemail, most of the time you would have to miss the call to end up with a voicemail. And if you had the phone turned off and got a voicemail during that time, you would realize that when you turn it back on. I'm going to give Powerman a try and see if it's enough for me. It probably will be.

any opinions?
    Does PowerMan work? (activate the led for alerts)
    diane
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts

any opinions?
    Butler is one of the first apps I put on any Palm OS smartphone. It does sooo much more. Give it shot. However, you may not want both Butler and Powerman trying to manage the LED.
    Something old, something new. I got a ringer switch and 800W .
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    Does PowerMan work? (activate the led for alerts)
    Yes

but from what Im getting, Butler works better then Powerman for LED control...?
    I'm a Pre gal now
    I'd prefer Palm actually fix it then rely on a 3rd party program. email and/or call palm early to make the issue known instead of sit in complaceny with 3rd party reliance. nice to have for now though.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Yes

but from what Im getting, Butler works better then Powerman for LED control...?
    No, they work the same on the Centro currently.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast