Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon View Post
    Hi folks - I'm late to this thread...

It seems that the Centro led setup is just like the 680 one. The only thing I can set (and I have searched for hidden options!) is solid green. Even that gets overridden by the charging status sometimes.

It sucks.

Clearly the led can display some other options (e.g. flashing) but the OS seems to take those away from developer control. I don't know why.

Write to Palm - ask them to play nice with developers (specifically hobbyist software )

The latest Butler will let you set solid green (for anything) and correctly displays the available options (not many)
    Thank you for following up with us on this.
    It's interesting that many of us looked to LEDoff or Butler to turn off the LED on previous devices. Now we look to find a way to turn it on with the Centro.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    It's interesting that many of us looked to LEDoff or Butler to turn off the LED on previous devices. Now we look to find a way to turn it on with the Centro.
    Actually, those are very different things.

(1) LED was very bright on the 600/700 series

(2) People wanted to turn off the service LED (blinking just to tell you that there is a signal)

People here want the LED for notification purposes.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Did you try a soft-reset after installation and setup?

The solid green LED has been working for the last couple of betas, so no reason for it to stop on the official release.

ps and it works on mine...
    Yes. Removed PowerMan (which also does LED control, and not very well), installed Butler, did a soft reset. Selecting anything from Butler's LED control drop-downs just results in "Leave as is" being re-selected. I don't seem to be able to alter any of the options at all.
    It worked on mine too. I got solid LED for vm with Butler 4.51.

I too miss the blinking LED. Here are the status I miss by not having blinking LED: 1)phone on, 2)got signal, 3)alerts, 4)low battery.

I hope Palm addresses the LED issue. Until then, Butler solid LED for new voice mail address the most important missing alert feature.

I wonder what Palm's reasoning behind the current state of the Centro's LED.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    MissedCall is working on my Centro. You can only use the green LED for now and no flashing. Other than that, it works well.
    I can't imagine Palm was thinking of battery size when they decided to not activate blinking LED alerts ?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123