Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    No, they work the same on the Centro currently.
    how do yo use Butler to control the LED on the Centro?
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    how do yo use Butler to control the LED on the Centro?
    You set the LED that you want for the Attention Grabber.
    You set the LED that you want for the Attention Grabber.
    I doesnt allow me to do change any LED settings on my Centro...
    I'm a Pre gal now
    I doesnt allow me to do change any LED settings on my Centro...
    Make sure you're using 4.35 or above.
    Make sure you're using 4.35 or above.
    is this a Beta version?

I can only seem to find the download for 4.21, anyone able to provide me with a link?

Or direct me to the version of Butler working on thier Centro..

TIA!
    I'm a Pre gal now
    is this a Beta version?

I can only seem to find the download for 4.21, anyone able to provide me with a link?

Or direct me to the version of Butler working on thier Centro..

TIA!
    http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/AllPrc.php

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Thank you!
    I'm a Pre gal now
    So I have Butler 4.40 installed and love it but the only thing is I keep getting a weird 'file size too large' error...or something similar to that during an alert...

anyone know what this may mean?
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Butler has been updated to use the LED properly on the Centro. I haven't tried it yet.

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,56378.0.html
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    Phone vibrated and screen came on, but not directly to the message. It stayed at my "home" screen. Display then turned off fairly quickly (5 or 10 seconds).

No LED change at all. Still off.

Same here... nothing like my 755p.
    David Smith

Me - Treo 755p
    Wifey - Treo Centro
    The LED controls in brand-spankin'-new Butler 4.51 don't seem to be working on my Centro at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewn View Post
    The LED controls in brand-spankin'-new Butler 4.51 don't seem to be working on my Centro at all.
    Did you try a soft-reset after installation and setup?

The solid green LED has been working for the last couple of betas, so no reason for it to stop on the official release.

ps and it works on mine...

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Did you try a soft-reset after installation and setup?

The solid green LED has been working for the last couple of betas, so no reason for it to stop on the official release.

ps and it works on mine...

unless Im missing something, it seems as if it has the same abilities as the 4.40 beta..?
    I'm a Pre gal now
    unless Im missing something, it seems as if it has the same abilities as the 4.40 beta..?
    Probably...

It's hard to know what changed from 4.40b to 4.51, if anything. It could have been some code optimization, etc.

This version is just "official" and now posted on the main page, whereas the others were "in progress" releases.

Yep. 4.51 produces a solid green light - no flashing
    Does anyone know why green flash wasn't enabled. Or the red LED at all, for that matter?

I would far prefer a green flash over solid. I like to use the solid for when I'm in stealth mode recording stuff. The light flashing draws a little more attention (good for alerts...bad for "stealth mode").
    Does anyone know why green flash wasn't enabled. Or the red LED at all, for that matter?

I would far prefer a green flash over solid. I like to use the solid for when I'm in stealth mode recording stuff. The light flashing draws a little more attention (good for alerts...bad for "stealth mode").
    Read the thread at MTDN
    Read the thread at MTDN
    Thank you.

In case anyone else is wondering this (since we are in the Centro forum), the developer said he has only been able to get control over solid green and that the only way he can see doing the blinking green is by having Butler turn the LED on and off, which he said is inappropriate for Butler to do.

I've got another inquiry as to whether getting control over the Red is a possibility.
    Thank you.

In case anyone else is wondering this (since we are in the Centro forum), the developer said he has only been able to get control over solid green and that the only way he can see doing the blinking green is by having Butler turn the LED on and off, which he said is inappropriate for Butler to do.

I've got another inquiry as to whether getting control over the Red is a possibility.
    Or, how about the possibility of having it switch from green to red (like a blink..same thing)
    Hi folks - I'm late to this thread...

It seems that the Centro led setup is just like the 680 one. The only thing I can set (and I have searched for hidden options!) is solid green. Even that gets overridden by the charging status sometimes.

It sucks.

Clearly the led can display some other options (e.g. flashing) but the OS seems to take those away from developer control. I don't know why.

Write to Palm - ask them to play nice with developers (specifically hobbyist software )

The latest Butler will let you set solid green (for anything) and correctly displays the available options (not many)
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast