Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I think I have it figured out: try placing the Centro face down, and apply pressure just below the Sprint logo with your thumb, and then slide down to remove.

To put the cover back on, line up and again place some pressure just below the Sprint logo, which should let it move all the way in.
    Thanks for the tip. That seems to work.
    That doesn't work for me. However, this did. The only tabs that catch are on the sides. If I lay my middle three fingers across the back with the base of the phone touching the top of my palm, making sure that my two outside fingers are on the outside edge of the case, then I can apply moderate pressure and slide it right off.
    Here's what I do.....

Centro upside down in my left hand with it the top (speaker switch end) toward me. My left finger against the USB connector (bottom of Centro)

My first two fingers on my right hand pressing down on the Sprint logo on the battery cover and sliding it off at the same time.

On my Centro, I noticed it was a little difficult to get the cover back on. So I used a finger nail and scraped the cover where it butts up against the USB connector on the left side (opposite side of audio jack) Now the cover slides on and snaps into place reaaly easy. I place the Centro in my left hand upside down with bottom toward me and slide the cover toward the top.

The battery cover where it butts up against the USB connector on the left side is a little to snug on a new unit,

Last edited by treotraveler; 10/20/2007 at 11:44 AM.
    Hopefully Seido's extended battery and replacement door will work better than the included Palm parts...
    My cover used to be extremely difficult to remove. Now it pops off pretty easily. I guess the connecting parts have worn in.
    My method is to hold the Centro in both hands, upside down, with the ringer switch toward me. I use both thumbs to push down and away on the back, right next to the Sprint logo. That seems to get the cover off without too much effort for me.

To put the cover back on, I turn the Centro with the ringer switch away from me and press with both thumbs and the cover pops on.
    Last edited by kwarner; 10/20/2007 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    My method is to hold the Centro in both hands, upside down, with the ringer switch toward me. I use both thumbs to push down and away on the back, right next to the Sprint logo. That seems to get the cover off without too much effort for me.

To pub the cover back on, I turn the Centro with the ringer switch away from me and press with both thumbs and the cover pops on.
    That's the way I do it.
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10

To pub the cover back on, I turn the Centro with the ringer switch away from me and press with both thumbs and the cover pops on.
    It's been frustrating for me getting the cover off and put back on. This method is perfect. Thanks kwarner!
    I'm onboard with kwarner too. I went down the list and tried them all and kwarner nailed it.

To put the cover back on, I turn the Centro with the ringer switch away from me and press with both thumbs and the cover pops on.
    oh my god, very nice!

I was able to get it off easily, but always had to force it back, I can already see small scratches on the bottom two corners, your method really saves my life, thank you!
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Mods this thread should be stickyed
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    My hands were a bit sweaty this afternoon and I couldn't get a grip. I had a pad of post-it notes on my desk. I grabbed one, stuck it on the back, and had no problem removing the battery cover.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Holy cow the post it note method works the best! The paint is so slippery it hard to get the cover off. Good find dg2445!
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Wow, the post-it worked instantly! Now I have a new skin too!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    10 years of college pays off sometimes...

But anyway - I've been lurking in this neighborhood for a long time and I've found a lot of useful info here. I'm glad I could contribute.
    None of these methods work for me. I have a small utility screwdriver on my keychain. I push the door, and it moves a tiny bit. Then I insert the screwdriver blade an give it a twist.
    Dunlop, place the post-it sticky so the sticky is under the Sprint logo. You simply slide more than you press and it slides right off! I had to try it again to be sure! I place the phone so the camera lens is facing towards me and slide my thumbs towards the bottom.
    I don't understand why it is so hard for everyone. Seems pretty easy to me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...h_CIMG0155.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by t.j.k. View Post
    I don't understand why it is so hard for everyone. Seems pretty easy to me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...h_CIMG0155.jpg
    thinking the same thing..

but the damn lid creeks..i know i saw someone post a solution
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast