Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by turbulent View Post
    ....lid creeks..i know i saw someone post a solution
    Where did you see a thread on the battery cover creeking? I've searched the Centro forum but haven't come up with anything.
  2. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Put a folded up dollar bill on top of the battery between the battery and the cover. It fills any air passage between the battery cover and battery.
    Thanks. I was hoping that someone had come up with a better approach. I had the same problem with my 650. I wrote "Reward if Returned" and my contact info on a piece of paper, folded it up and stuck it in there.
    I, too, am struggling to remove and (even more difficult) replace the battery cover. Unbelievably bad design. Doesn't anyone actually try these things before they go into production?
    Idk but my cover didn't creak at first, did a little and now I don't notice it I mean I don't think it creaks as much! Anyone know of anyone returning a lost phone? My father lost his 700 at the supermarket parking lot off a holster.
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Here's what I do.....

Centro upside down in my left hand with it the top (speaker switch end) toward me. My left finger against the USB connector (bottom of Centro)

My first two fingers on my right hand pressing down on the Sprint logo on the battery cover and sliding it off at the same time.

On my Centro, I noticed it was a little difficult to get the cover back on. So I used a finger nail and scraped the cover where it butts up against the USB connector on the left side (opposite side of audio jack) Now the cover slides on and snaps into place reaaly easy. I place the Centro in my left hand upside down with bottom toward me and slide the cover toward the top.

The battery cover where it butts up against the USB connector on the left side is a little to snug on a new unit,

all i got to say is thank you that was the most simplest thing ever but yet my way was sooooo hard and hard on the phone haha
    <a href="http://www.tmicell.com/?aid=22671">Deep Discounts and Great Selection on Cingular, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint/Nextel</a>

CENTRO FREE w/new contract!! Free Shipping

<a href="http://www.tmiwireless.com/affiliate/?aid=22671">Join the tmiWireless.com cell phone affiliate program and earn excellent commissions on 2 tiers. You get a free personalized website, 24/7 statistics and reporting, and residual income on some products.</a>

http://www.famouswireless.net
    Seriously, if you can't figure out the battery cover which is not any harder than any other phone I have seen, it may be time to try a simpler phone

Jitterbug anyone?
    its not thats its hard it feels like your breaking the freaking thing
    <a href="http://www.tmicell.com/?aid=22671">Deep Discounts and Great Selection on Cingular, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint/Nextel</a>

CENTRO FREE w/new contract!! Free Shipping

<a href="http://www.tmiwireless.com/affiliate/?aid=22671">Join the tmiWireless.com cell phone affiliate program and earn excellent commissions on 2 tiers. You get a free personalized website, 24/7 statistics and reporting, and residual income on some products.</a>

http://www.famouswireless.net
  9. tks
    Quote Originally Posted by turbulent View Post
    thinking the same thing..

but the damn lid creeks..i know i saw someone post a solution

I have cut small strips of duck tape and placed them around the edges of the unit inside where the lid slides. Only takes two on each side and one at the bottom which is on the inside of the lid itself. Also stays in place when taking the lid off. Works great for me! Developed this method after a loose 700p battery cover.
    Last edited by tks; 12/18/2007 at 06:53 PM.
    visor Deluxe, Platinum; Zire 72s; Treo 270, 700p, Centro
    A little off topic, but. I couldn't stand the squeaking any longer myself so I took tiny strips of Velcro (the soft part) and placed them where I felt and heard the squeaks coming from. Works much better than paper IMHO and looks pretty close to stock. Matches the pad thats already in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by tks View Post
    I have cut small strips of duck tape and placed them around the edges of the unit where the lid slides. Only takes two on each side and one at the bottom which is on the lid itself. Also stays in place when taking the lid off. Works great for me! Developed this method after a loose 700p battery cover.
    Duck tape on the outside of the Centro or inside the lid? Can you post a picture?
  12. tks
    Inside the lid.
    visor Deluxe, Platinum; Zire 72s; Treo 270, 700p, Centro
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I can see the issue.. I had it also.. it does take some finesse to get that door on as there is a sweet spot to make it slide just right no doubt.
    I had the same issue with my Centro. I was on the phone with VZW for a Youtube issue and they wanted me to remove battery, I couldn't do it. After about 20 minutes I finally got it off!
    I have had a real hard time getting the battery cover off, but read about Kwarner's method and it seemed to work well. My problem is the pad on the lid makes it too tough, so by removing the pad (except for a little bit that stayed on) it is now much better!

I don't see room in mine for a dollar bill or piece of paper, quite the opposite.

Thanks, Kwarner!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    I solved the troublesome stock cover removal issue (and I too suffered slippery fingers, fear of breakage, frustratingly annoying difficulty in something that ought to be simple), by purchasing an extended battery and cover! Now the cover slides easily off and on with a satisfying click, but now I have a squeaking issue. Will try some suggestions here to resolve that! I like the bill suggestion - would offer a way tostash emergency cash!

Cheers,
    Kim
    alas..I foolishly removed the battery door again, thinking the technique that worked last time so easily to get it back on would go as fast again... *sigh* I've had this phone for a couple of days know and so far this door thing is my biggest gripe. ARE there any videos out there detailing the different techniques? perhaps in ym frustration I'm doing something wrong.. I really don't want to break it and I want it back on, flush again!
    Mine creaked pretty bad on one side so I took a narrow (1 inch long
    by 1/2 inch wide) piece of paper folded 3 or 4 times and placed
    it on top of the battery to close the gap. That did the trick.
    Last edited by scottg720; 06/21/2008 at 08:29 AM.
    for my creaking issues, i put a strip of electrical tape along each side of the inside of the cover, just up to the little nubs that catch and hold the door on... that seemed to work pretty good for me.

now i don't have to worry about catching the piece of business card i used to have in there
    I like the two-thumbs method. I do a lot of card swapping and my fingers are just too freakin' clumsy to get the cards out without popping the cover.

I'm really, really hoping the seidio comes up with a better cover with a nicer slit for the cards.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast