Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    anybody able to snag this w/o rebates from retentions?
    will tell you when I get our account settled. Switching to new plans, new phones and the like. As soon as they reconcile our bills, I'll keep you posted. My rep said we might get it down to $50 out the door. We also drop $10k a year to sprint.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    We also drop $10k a year to sprint.
    Man, they should give you whatever you want.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    You'd think, but I got reminded my rep handles accounts with 100 plus phones. Just when you think you had all this clout...haha. But with the new unlimited plans we'll be down to just under $700 per month. But they'll have us for at least another 2yrs, and we've been customers since they pretty much began.

I'm still hoping to get one for free since I'm on my 3rd 700p and still having problems.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Well I got it for $249.... which isn't bad... when you figure...

I just got discounted phones in January for my 2 lines... (when the Q and M1 came out). I wasn't eligible for any official upgrades until this January... and that was only $75. I also renewed my contracts in August when I finally got my family plan converted to SERO. So... Sprint really didn't have to give me anything... it's not like I could walk.... so I am grateful. When I sell my PPC 6700, that should help me with costs too.

EDIT: Mine was thru eCare... not retentions, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteABombAZ View Post
    Well I got it for $249.... which isn't bad... when you figure...

I just got discounted phones in January for my 2 lines... (when the Q and M1 came out). I wasn't eligible for any official upgrades until this January... and that was only $75. I also renewed my contracts in August when I finally got my family plan converted to SERO. So... Sprint really didn't have to give me anything... it's not like I could walk.... so I am grateful. When I sell my PPC 6700, that should help me with costs too.
    how did you do it??

I just became a customer in April and they are only offering me 75.00 off...

How did you go about getting that deal??
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    how did you do it??

I just became a customer in April and they are only offering me 75.00 off...

How did you go about getting that deal??
    #1. I have been a customer of Sprint's for 3 years. That might have had influence. Most of that time was on a regular plan. I only recently converted to SERO... and I got lucky that I was able to get THAT done.

#2. eCare gave me the deal, but hey... I agree with others... SERO is cheap... and I would just be grateful for what you got offered.
  8. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    What is SERO? I keep seeing that term and have no idea what that means.

Thanks!
    Got it for $249 through retentions. I was 7 months away from the end of my 2 year contract and the rep went ahead and gave me the $150 upgrade discount; had to begin a new 2 year contract though but I was planning to do that anyway.

Hopefully I can sell my 700p to offset the cost...
    end result-

got it thru Retentions for 299.00, no contract renewal

guess I will sell my 755 to make up the cost.

my account had been flagged since I called earlier in the day, the Rep said since I was offered a discount already this was the final retention offer, I wasnt going to argue, I was grateful to get it under 300.00

Considering I AM a Sero customer AND I JUST got my 755 in May, I think it was quite generous.

Hopefully the switch to the Centro is a good idea....
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    What is SERO? I keep seeing that term and have no idea what that means.

Thanks!
    It is a plan.... hold on... it is a kick *** plan that Sprint offers. SERO stands for Sprint Employee Referral Offer. Essentially, Sprint is giving the friends and families of Sprint Employees a great deal on Sprint service. All you need is the Sprint employee's email address. The biggest deal about them is that your Power Vision, text messaging and picture mail is all INCLUDED FOR FREE. The offer is supposed to be for new lines only... but many persistent people at SprintUsers and HowardForums have tried getting existing accounts changed to SERO with few having success (myself included) and a lot more failure. The official policy is that no existing accounts can covert to SERO. You can cancel and re-sign up under SERO, but if you are still under contract, you will get hit with the ETF.

Check out the official SERO site at:
    http://www.sprint.com/SERO

and check out the SERO Wiki here:
    http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/SPRINT_SERO
    Last edited by EliteABombAZ; 10/15/2007 at 04:58 PM.
  12. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Cool!

Sounds like too much work for me to worry about getting
    don't forget, if you're a minute hungry user, many markets have an unlimited plan for $120. Unlimited voice, data, messaging, roaming, long distance in the continental US. So if you're topping out on SERO, it's not a bad way to go and worth asking about.
    Just got mine from retentions today for 99.00. My 2 year contract ends next June. I have been a customer for 10 years now so that might have some weight on the matter. I also have the Sero plan.
    The 10 years and the fact you had less than a year to go probably sealed the deal.
    I cancelled an old account back in May and got a "new" line for my 755p. Didn't think I wanted a Centro...thought it didn't have a touch screen and was basically ignoring it until I got a good look at it today. Had to have it after that....

Anyway, it took quite a few calls, but I got a Centro for $99 after $100 rebate and "re" renewed for 2 years from today. I've been with them for a long time, so I'm sure that helped.