Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    For those of you that have already picked up a Centro, would you mind sharing how much you paid? I'm currently in the middle of a 2-year contract, and I've had my current phone for less than 2 years, so I'm not sure how much of a discount I could get, if any. I've also read that your data plan must cost at least $25/month, which is out of the question for me.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I got it for $129.00 and the rep dident extend my contract. He did a new line...then Calceled it...did an esn swap and viola...new Centro
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
    details?
    <center>Ultimate portal
    www.WebOnYourCell.com
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I did this @ the Santa Clara store...Plus also have a $100 mail in rebate
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
    I did pay full price for it ($426 total). Too lazy too call in and talk to retention, I figure I will sell some of my old phone to offset the price. This phone remind me of how much I miss Treo (been using moto q for the past 6 mo). So far it has been great, no reset, and all my app work very well.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kg6bki View Post
    So with the rebate you got it for $29.00??
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Paid 209.99 Including tax. Gave me $150 off for renewing contract for two years, then an extra $50 off for upgrading from a 650. Plus I still get to put in for $100 rebate, so I will be looking at $109.99 total out of pocket once the rebate comes back in.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    So I assume for a new customer I'm looking at $199 plus tax, they charge tax on the full amount of the phone of $399 not the $99 price correct? Approx $240 out the door.
    I paid $99 after mail in rebate with a new SERO line.
    Called retentions x2

was told because I have only been a customer since April 07 the best they could do was offer me the Centro at full price with a 75.00 discount. 324.00 plus tax....Im not so sure thats worth it.

Gonna give it one more try to see if someone will offer me a better deal but I highly doubt it....

Any tips on how to talk to retentions to get what ya want?
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    Threaten to go to another provider.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Called retentions x2

was told because I have only been a customer since April 07 the best they could do was offer me the Centro at full price with a 75.00 discount. 324.00 plus tax....Im not so sure thats worth it.

Gonna give it one more try to see if someone will offer me a better deal but I highly doubt it....

You're lucky that they offered you that!! You've only been a customer for 6 months, on a SERO plan no less, and you now want a new phone at a HUGE discount? Are you kidding?
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    You're lucky that they offered you that!! You've only been a customer for 6 months, on a SERO plan no less, and you now want a new phone at a HUGE discount? Are you kidding?
    nope. not kidding.

never asked for a 'HUGE' discount either

and if you have nothing of use to offer kindly shut up. k? Thanks
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Quote Originally Posted by Kg6bki View Post

The rebate will be denied the line is cancelled...but you can send it in with the hope rep is lazy.....
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Well then you should be happy with $75.

In fact, I think that I offered the most realistic response so far.

Let's see... one person told you to threaten to go to another provider. Great idea. Have fun paying the termination fee. Do you really think that a business that has signed you to a one year or two year contract is going to offer a deal to you after only six months? Basic business 101... you must have been sleeping through that one.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    cathartic8881, try again but if you really want it take that offer and sell your 755p...you should even out
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Well then you should be happy with $75.

In fact, I think that I offered the most realistic response so far.

Let's see... one person told you to threaten to go to another provider. Great idea. Have fun paying the termination fee. Do you really think that a business that has signed you to a one year or two year contract is going to offer a deal to you after only six months? Basic business 101... you must have been sleeping through that one.

and if you have nothing of use to offer kindly shut up. k? Thanks
    literacy , you must have been sleeping through that one.
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Called retentions x2

I'm not sure there's any point in talking to retention if you're in the middle of a contract... I'm in the same boat. I think retention would be more inclined to help people who are month to month and are free to switch carriers without paying an early termination fee.
    Well I got it for $249 thru eCare.... which isn't bad... when you figure...

I just got discounted phones in January for my 2 lines... (when the Q and M1 came out). I wasn't eligible for any official upgrades until this January... and that was only $75. I also renewed my contracts in August when I finally got my family plan converted to SERO. So... Sprint really didn't have to give me anything... it's not like I could walk.... so I am grateful. When I sell my PPC 6700, that should help me with costs too.
    end result-

got it thru Retentions for 299.00, no contract renewal

guess I will sell my 755 to make up the cost.

my account had been flagged since I called earlier in the day, the Rep said since I was offered a discount already this was the final retention offer, I wasnt going to argue, I was grateful to get it under 300.00

Considering I AM a Sero customer AND I JUST got my 755 in May, I think it was quite generous.

Hopefully the switch to the Centro is a good idea....
    I'm a Pre gal now
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast