Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    That's really not your best move. I have a daughter that works in a Sprint store (her husband was a manager in one before that), and they both tell me the best deals for existing customers is to call Customer Retention. Don't expect the first line contacts to do anything special, listen to their best offer(s), then if it's not what you want, ask for customer retention.
    I know - I've used customer retention for my current phones. I had a specific reason for going to this particular store and giving it a go.

I think I'm gonna just stick it our til my contract is up in June.

Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    My wife's contract is already up (yesterday) but mine is up on DEC. 29th.

Currently on a family plan but want to switch to two seperate sero accounts.

I shouldnt have a problem with my wife's account, but I havent been successful getting a switch on my line. Tried calling and emailing to no avail. Kinda sucks the life out you..(the time holding on the phone).

IM gonna try retentions this time (now that my wifes line is out of contract) and HOPEFULLY, I have a little more leverage.

Any advice on how to get my line switched without ETF? also, Is it possible for me to reserve my wife's number so that she can use it in her SERO line?

Thank You
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    I have a quick question in reference to pricing... I have a mogul and my brother wants to join sprint and get the centro... he has his reservations on sprint because he had them once before long time ago. If he buys the phone with a new contract for 99.00 but decides he does not like sprint (again...)after a week or 2 and cancels... will he be charged the full phone price or can he just send the unit back? Or will he just have a pretty paperweight?

Thanks for your help..
    KAOS
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF View Post
    I have a quick question in reference to pricing... I have a mogul and my brother wants to join sprint and get the centro... he has his reservations on sprint because he had them once before long time ago. If he buys the phone with a new contract for 99.00 but decides he does not like sprint (again...)after a week or 2 and cancels... will he be charged the full phone price or can he just send the unit back? Or will he just have a pretty paperweight?

Thanks for your help..
    KAOS
    Spring gives you 30 days to decide if you like the phone and service. If you don't like the phone you can exchange it for another. If you dont like the sercive you can leave sprint and pay only for the airtime you used. All other fees for activation and phone purchase will be refunded.

Check out Sprint.com for the details

Hope that helps.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I got one for free!!

I did not even have to call retentions!

I am out of contract and have 3 lines on a fair and flexible plan.

All I did was email them and ask how much it would cost me to upgrade my phone. They asked if my 755p was broken and if so they would replace it at no charge.

I emailed back that my 755p was not broken wanted to upgrade to a Centro and what would the cost be. Sprint emailed me back saying they they would not charge me anything for a centro as long as I sent back my 755p.

I said Deal!!

No contract extension or activation fees.

I am a little sad to see my burgandy beauty go but the smaller Centro size is worth it.

SPRINT ROCKS!
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    69.95 with M/I rebate. So I said forget the rebate, I'm keeping my $10/month Power Vision plan. The way I see it, I'll get the 100 rebate over the next 7 months, and then keep saving 15$/month.
    Vinnie
    I called retentions twice tonight. First time I was offered the centro for $99 with no rebate, but I was looking for a Sero switch. Called an hour later and spoke to someone named Jason. Pretty cool guy. First said it wasnt possible to switch then said he could but I wouldnt be able to keep my numbers (from family plan). He then offered:
    1300 mins
    unlmited text
    unlimited data
    6:00 nights
    roaming
    m2m
    23% corporate discount

for 69.99
    2 treos for 199 plus the rebates
    HOWEVER....

as soon as I said okay lets DOT IT!..he said "Ah no...just got a 5 min warning that system will shut down" Five minutes pass and sure enough..it shuts down (according to him). He says shutdowns are scheduled for maintenace in NY and hes in account services in CAlifornia. Says hell have someon call me back tomorrow and offer the same plan. Or hell call me Friday when hes back at work.

I say" well I sure hope you guys really do call back". He says someone will definately call.

Heres to hoping. Iwas so damn excited, i even pulled my debit card out
    I bot a centro on craiglist for $200.
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
    Spring gives you 30 days to decide if you like the phone and service. If you don't like the phone you can exchange it for another. If you dont like the sercive you can leave sprint and pay only for the airtime you used. All other fees for activation and phone purchase will be refunded.

Check out Sprint.com for the details

Hope that helps.
    If you're on SERO, how does this work out? Because i've already been using a lot of data and don't want to be charged an arm and a leg.
    Free!!!!! From Ecare

650 is out of contract. 2 3100 Sanyos expire mid 2008. Thing is they were my daughters and they lost them within months of getting them. One of those has insurance - one does not. Told Customer care that my company prefers Verizon and I could pick up an 8830 Blackberry with one phone call but I'd prefer to stay with Sprint. Told them I did not want to spend a lot for the Centro.

They gave me the Centro for FREE and a FREE 3100 to replace the one that is not on insurance. 2 year agreement required. No problemo - been with them since '98. They just wanted the old 650 back - no problemo. I seriously think cutting edge phones have a limited life. The 650 was giving me all kinds of problems and when ever they ran diags, it came back clean. Yeah right!
    $50 out the door, no rebates. Wonder if I can apply for the rebates and make money. We got six of them for our business account. They offered a $50 buy back on our current phones (five 700p's and one 650). So we'll ebay the 700's and use the buy back for the 650.

anyone know if the rebate has an actual form to it?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Ok, I went to what I believe is a real Sprint store. I went to one with a repair center, which I thought would be a real one but wasn't. The local stores aren't carrying it but can order one. This store looked like a car dealership. Zzz. Anyhoo, The phone is $99 through Jan. 12th, new customer with the $25 data plan. I'm going to try Sero. I thought people would like to know there's some time to grab one, for some people.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by infiniti029 View Post
    If you're on SERO, how does this work out? Because i've already been using a lot of data and don't want to be charged an arm and a leg.
    Hmmm...good question. I don't know. You should probably post that question in the cdma forum. Someone over there probably would know. Sorry I could not be much more help.
    Lenny

Really good experience. Called telesales and asked for and got the 99.99 web price for the red centro w/ a 2 year renewal. I've been with Sprint for 3 years.

I asked that they waive the $18 upgrade fee, and they did. Then I wanted to make small changes to my plan and was told I had to talk with Customer Care.

Got a great rep. He instantly credited my account for $75 as a "long standing customer credit" and bumped me from vision ($10/month) to power vision for $15/month. I then asked for a free upgrade from 100 text messages a month to 500. He could not find 500 in the system so he bumped me to unlimited text messages for free.

I'm really pleased. I've been really lucky (so far) with sprint and not had any issues at all with the quality of the phone/data/customer service.

Good luck to all and pray for me that this does not all fall apart in the billing process.
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
    As a long-time customer who got a rebates on a 755p in May, I haven't had any luck with eCare or retentions...so I am considering this approach. I understand how it works but I would think Sprint has some rules in place to protect themselves from this. Otherwise established customers can always get the "new" customer price simply by:

1. Activating a new line with a Centro
    2. Doing an ESN swap
    3. Cancelling the newly activated line (which is tied to your pre-existing phone), without having to return the Centro because it is now tied to your pre-existing line.

Is this how it works? Does this actually work?
    I recently added a line for my mom, and got a new phone (of course). I wanted to switch the new phone to my wife's line and give her older phone to mom. Sprint said that they won't switch a phone on a new line until after 30 days, because folks may switch phones and drop the new line, thereby getting a new phone without committing to the new line.

So it sounds like you'd run into the same problem with the above plan.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Looks like sprint somewhat dropped the price. They are now offering a Centro for 99.00 with out the mail in rebate with a 2 year contract. Soon Centros will be free!
    Lenny

Paid $199.00 in the store and will get $100 back thru the rebate. Extended my contract for 2 years, but I just renewed it in July so it wasnt a big deal.
    Got mine through ecare. $300 discount. Charged me $99 on my account. My contract wasn't up for over a year either.
    Upgraded online today for 99 no MIR. Contract was expired. Renewed for 24 months.
    Ordered two last night. Charged $162 and some change.

I wasnt able to switch to two seperate Sero accounts, but I was given:

$40 for
    1000 mins shared
    unlimited text
    unlimited data
    nights at 7

Apparantly this is a Free and Clear plan. I called this morning to confirm my plan details (since I cant see anything on the web yet) and I was told that I didnt have night and weekends..???

I just checked my acount online and I see something called unlimited shared nights and weekends. However I only see it under my wife's plan detail.

I see some features listed under my wifes details but not in mine. ( text, nights and wekends, roaming)

Is this normal? If I try to call, the system tells me I have to wait until my next billing cycle. However, when I called this morning, I was told all the features are available for both phones, except nights and weekends...??
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast