Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Keep in mind though that they don't always deliver. I remember the email i got back when i purchased the 700p.

Went something like this. "it'd be easier if you made the treo 700p purchase first and we will surely switch you over to SERO."

Made the purchase. Sent the email saying "ok..i'm ready to roll..switch me"

"Please call customer service to complete the switch to SERO"

Ok..i thought..i got em by the balls with emails as proof..i'll just call em. LOL Yeah right. After the 4th or 5th rep, i gave up..they could care less about any emails i had.

So i sent another email "i was unable to get any service rep to switch me to SERO as promised by you. Is there a way i can contact you? or viceversa?"

No answer. And i got tired of pursuing it. Simply took back the treo and got a new SERO line. But outside of that ordeal, ecare has done most things i've asked for..
    Quote Originally Posted by airibis View Post
    heres a tip to you, and anyone else wishing to switch phones.

Ebay

the centro is going on ebay for 99$ - 150$ (as well as some people selling it for $300+)

buy the phone cheap; and now that sprint offers ESN swapping online

change your headset

cheap
    Where can you change the ESN online for Sprint from one phone to another?

Thanks.
    I am at the end of a 2 year contract (on my Treo 650) so I got it for $199 in the store plus the $100 rebate. The guy was somewhat noncommittal until I told him that if I had to pay $399 for a new phone, I was getting an iPhone (I wasn't, but that made him twitch nicely).

I was somewhat annoyed as I had the $29.99 plan for 200 anytime minutes, but had to upgrade to the $39 plan as they don't offer the 200 minute plan anymore. However, when I called CS today to make sure I had the right data package (vision vs. power vision... is there any difference anyway?) the rep told me I was eligible for half-off my $15/month data plan for the 2 year duration of my contract, so that takes the sting out some. My net increase should be less than $3, and if that actually happens, I'll be quite pleased.

I like the Centro so far... it's great switching to a new phone that can still use all of your old chargers, power tip, headsets, etc. All I need is a new case, and I hope Sena hurries up, because I am a bit of a klutz.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by no1ukn0w View Post
    What is the email address you used?
    I logged into my account at sprint.com and clicked on "Contact Us".
    Well here's my sad story,

My 2 yr contract is up next June. I have two phones, 700p and a plain old vanilla samsung for my wife. (she has a BB for work). We share 2000 mins/mo. plus I have power vision, etc.

After hearing of all the great deals people were getting on this and other threads and getting really psyced about the Centro, I marched right down to a Sprint store looking for 2 Centros for $99 each.

I sent my friend there earlier that morning and she got a Centro for $99 with 2 yr contract. She was out of contract.

Well the rep told me all I qualified for was $75 off of a list prince of $399 since I was still in my contract even though I was willing to re-up for another 2 yrs.

So back to 700p. I love it but since I help my friend set up her Centro, I know there something out there I really want. (man it's fast)

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Can someone please tell me the easiest way to transfer my contacts and calendar entries from my Treo 650 to my Centro? How do I do it using the Palm Software on my PC??? Please help I dont want to lose all my info!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kg6bki View Post
    I got it for $129.00 and the rep dident extend my contract. He did a new line...then Calceled it...did an esn swap and viola...new Centro
    As a long-time customer who got a rebates on a 755p in May, I haven't had any luck with eCare or retentions...so I am considering this approach. I understand how it works but I would think Sprint has some rules in place to protect themselves from this. Otherwise established customers can always get the "new" customer price simply by:

1. Activating a new line with a Centro
    2. Doing an ESN swap
    3. Cancelling the newly activated line (which is tied to your pre-existing phone), without having to return the Centro because it is now tied to your pre-existing line.

Is this how it works? Does this actually work?
    I'm not sure if I lucked out or not (we'll see how the bill comes in), but Sprint eCare ended up selling me two Centros for the difference in price between my two defective-by-design 700ps and the Centros (so $100 per phone).

They put $300x2 as a credit on my bill, and I paid the difference and they shipped the Centros along with two return kits. And even more shocking is that I started this email chain Sunday evening and received the phones by Tuesday
  9. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    end result-

got it thru Retentions for 299.00, no contract renewal

guess I will sell my 755 to make up the cost.

my account had been flagged since I called earlier in the day, the Rep said since I was offered a discount already this was the final retention offer, I wasnt going to argue, I was grateful to get it under 300.00

Considering I AM a Sero customer AND I JUST got my 755 in May, I think it was quite generous.

Hopefully the switch to the Centro is a good idea....
    Be careful, they might drop you as a customer. The SERO plan is such a good deal that I wouldn't try to fleece Sprint anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by t4l View Post
    Be careful, they might drop you as a customer. The SERO plan is such a good deal that I wouldn't try to fleece Sprint anymore.
    If they wanted to lose my business they would have let me walk and never offered anything off the price of the phone.

Which I ended up getting for 249.99 up front, with 100.00 service credit added and no contract renewal

Also, I sold my old 755 for 300 on ebay so i kinda made some money

Since becoming a customer I have never called for ONE thing, just pay my bill ahead of time and dont make any waves....
    I'm a Pre gal now
    I paid the $200 (before rebate) for my centro by ordering it as a new plan/new customer - they realized that I had another account and sorta merged the accounts - the plan doesnt look exactly like SERO (Shows up as 'Emp Fair & Flexible 500 Adv' with '$15.00 Minimum Monthly Charge') - but I have a corporate account (with like a 15% discount or something) and have been a customer for many many years (theres an i1000 in my drawer - googling the user manual shows that as from 1998 - all the same account transfered through nextel through the years) - only took a bit of trouble for me to drop one of my phone lines and transfer an old (cheap) plan onto my in-contract phone.
    $282 + $15 shipping and handling on Ebay No contract renewal, no discounts
    rep wanted me to do a straight swap for my 755 for a brand new centro. still waiting for my red centro to come since it's on back order.
    diane
    I ended up getting the same deal as new customers when upgrading my wife's phone. She's had her phone for less than a year (Samsung Red Sync) and hasn't been happy with it. We've been customers since 2000 so they gave us the $150 off plus $150 mail in rebate (I'm sure I'm going to call and "explain" that I should be getting the $150 instead of whatever the rep that day decides, happened last time too. I just explain what the sales person told me and I wouldn't have bought the phone otherwise, which is 100% true!).

She is really happy, and man am I jealous! My 650 pales in comparison to the Centro. So many of my irks with the 650 are fixed in the Centro, plus the RAM, camera, and EVDO... oh man. Even the new little "hold the home button down" trick for listing recent apps- I installed a third party hack on my Treo to get that feature, but it crashed too much and slowed the Treo down _ALOT.

Anyway, my 2 years with my 650 is up in April, we'll see what's out then and hopefully I'll get a decent deal on either the same phone or a better one.
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
    As a long-time customer who got a rebates on a 755p in May, I haven't had any luck with eCare or retentions...so I am considering this approach. I understand how it works but I would think Sprint has some rules in place to protect themselves from this. Otherwise established customers can always get the "new" customer price simply by:

1. Activating a new line with a Centro
    2. Doing an ESN swap
    3. Cancelling the newly activated line (which is tied to your pre-existing phone), without having to return the Centro because it is now tied to your pre-existing line.

Is this how it works? Does this actually work?
    Have you done this yet? I had a rep do all of this for me, but he didn't say anything about being able to cancel the new line tied to the old phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    If they wanted to lose my business they would have let me walk and never offered anything off the price of the phone.

Which I ended up getting for 249.99 up front, with 100.00 service credit added and no contract renewal

Also, I sold my old 755 for 300 on ebay so i kinda made some money

Since becoming a customer I have never called for ONE thing, just pay my bill ahead of time and dont make any waves....
    I think its cool you got a deal being practically a new customer in a two year contract. The only problem I see with people taking advantage of retentions is Sprint pulling the plug on problem customers again like earlier this year. I have been with Sprint for 5 1/2 years and my contract will be up in six months and after that I will try to see what kind of deal I can get out of retentions. I feel I deserve it after being with Sprint for this amount of time with purchasing five phones between my wife and I and them rocking me for 90 to 100 bucks a month all this time...sprint has made money off of me and I think because of this they have been awsome to me offering me a premium Power Vision package for $10 a month since I have subpar coverage at home and they have offered me discounts for new phones but I have declined since I am no gadget junkie and don't like anything out now and I am awaiting Palm OS II. I had my 600 from when it came out until the 700p was released so I can wait for my next choice device. For those on SERO, short time customer and getting retention deals, I would be afraid I would get that letter from Sprint one day.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Ok my deal is as follows:

Just upgraded my wife's phone.
    399.99 retail price - $150 instant upgrade rebate -$100 mail-in rebate. $149.99 total out of pocket cost........There is a $50 difference vs the advertised $99 special,,,,,more on that in a sec.

My phone will get the exact same pricing as my wife's.

Third Line.....
    399.99 retail price -$150 upgrade rebate- $50 new customer rebate- $100 mail in rebate....Total will be $99 for this 3rd phone.

We have owned our phones for over 2 years, but changed plans about 6 months ago........but we were still eligible for the $150 rebate for all phones.

For the life of me, I couldn't understand how we didn't get the other $50 rebate to bring the price down to the $99 advertised special, but was told by the in store and phone rep that the additional 50 was for new lines/users.
    I got my wife's new Centro for free. I was outside my contract, and her's is due in February. I asked the very best price they could give me if I renewed both contracts. They offered it for me for free. I figured I couldn't talk them any lower...

I will say that when I first called, the first level rep said the net $100 on one contract was the "best they could do". I knew better (my son-in-law used towork for Sprint, my daughter still does), so I asked for customer retention. That's where I got the free offer. I should also say, we've been regular Sprint customers, with 2+ lines (we had 5 at one time) for over 7 years.
    Last edited by hparsons; 10/30/2007 at 10:02 AM.
    This past Friday I paid $212 after instant discount, have a $99 mail in rebate coming.... sometime, somewhere out there.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Well here's my sad story,
    I marched right down to a Sprint store looking for 2 Centros for $99 each.
    That's really not your best move. I have a daughter that works in a Sprint store (her husband was a manager in one before that), and they both tell me the best deals for existing customers is to call Customer Retention. Don't expect the first line contacts to do anything special, listen to their best offer(s), then if it's not what you want, ask for customer retention.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast