Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks for all of the info guys. it's been informative.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Procure,

What did you end up doing?

I've read through the thread here, but it's not clear whether there are any significant discounts available for someone someone who is midway through a 2-year agreement and wants to switch to the Centro...?

Quote Originally Posted by procure View Post
    For those of you that have already picked up a Centro, would you mind sharing how much you paid? I'm currently in the middle of a 2-year contract, and I've had my current phone for less than 2 years, so I'm not sure how much of a discount I could get, if any. I've also read that your data plan must cost at least $25/month, which is out of the question for me.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I got my centro thru retention for $100
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLar View Post
    Procure,

I've read through the thread here, but it's not clear whether there are any significant discounts available for someone someone who is midway through a 2-year agreement and wants to switch to the Centro...?
    I would call retentions.

Im only 6 months in to a 2 year contract and they gave me 100 bucks off the Centro and no contract renewal. Its worth a shot.
    I'm a Pre gal now
    I got mine for $99 after the $100 mail-in rebate on a new line I activated back in May. (I cancelled a very old account right after that). I did have to renew back up to a full 2 years again, but that's no big deal.
    $99 after rebate. Already had my 650 with Sprint for 2.5 years with $15 unlimited data plan. No problems whatsoever getting setup at the local Sprint store. Didn't have to threaten anyone.
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLar View Post
    Procure,

I've called Sprint a few times, but each time they only offer the $75 discount for having had my current phone for over a year. I'll try calling retention next, as some people have had some success there, but if I don't have any luck, I'll probably just wait a few months and see if the price drops. I'm bewildered at how some people can get the $99 price without any hassles.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Update: Based on some suggestions I saw, I decided to email Sprint customer care. I asked if I could get the $99 price since I had been a loyal customer for about 6 years. A couple of hours later I received a reply offering it to me for $99.99, with a new two-year agreement. Of course I accepted. Sounds too good to be true - I'll see how it goes.
    Update: Based on some suggestions I saw, I decided to email Sprint customer care. I asked if I could get the $99 price since I had been a loyal customer for about 6 years. A couple of hours later I received a reply offering it to me for $99.99, with a new two-year agreement. Of course I accepted. Sounds too good to be true - I'll see how it goes.
    Way to go procure
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    3 lines, only 1 was eligible for a $75 discount. The other two got new phones within the last 6 months. Got 3 Centros for $600 total with free overnight shipping and no activation fees.
    It seems that the price paid is all over the board. It's like dealing with someone at a flea market.

But you never really know exactly what everything cost until you get that first bill from Sprint. This is was happen to me with my 700p. I finally get it straight but it tooks hours on the phone with CS.

Make sure you check out that first bill. Probably better to check it online soon after you activate.

Good Luck to everyone.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    What is the email address you used?

edit: I'm a little pissed now. I paid $329. They gave me $75 off for a new contract. They wouldn't give me the $100 mail in rebate since "you're required to have a $25 data plan".. Which I already had (700p), but since I didn't sign up for a new plan couldn't get the rebate. The rep was trying to explain to me that the iphone ran windows and the new "touch" was going to be better than the Centro because it's Palms newest device, he used one!1!!!

Also: The "h" key on the phone works every 3 or so presses, along with the menu pulldown button. The closest store to me with the phone in stock is about 45 mins away. Frustrated.
    Last edited by no1ukn0w; 10/18/2007 at 08:42 AM.
    is there a special number for retentions?
    Quote Originally Posted by no1ukn0w View Post
    What is the email address you used?

edit: I'm a little pissed now. I paid $329. They gave me $75 off for a new contract. They wouldn't give me the $100 mail in rebate since "you're required to have a $25 data plan".. Which I already had (700p), but since I didn't sign up for a new plan couldn't get the rebate. The rep was trying to explain to me that the iphone ran windows and the new "touch" was going to be better than the Centro because it's Palms newest device, he used one!1!!!

Also: The "h" key on the phone works every 3 or so presses, along with the menu pulldown button. The closest store to me with the phone in stock is about 45 mins away. Frustrated.
    You won't get great treatment in stores and seldom anyone that knows much. Trust me, the only reason to go to a sprint store is to either try out a phone, or to swap/return one. Unless you just happen to have a good relationship with one of the reps at the store...call Sprint and make the purchase over the phone or online. Often they'll just add the purchase to your bill. Heck, i've even swapped phones before over the phone..they send a new one..i fedex the defective one back.

In your case, i'd email them or call them up and get some credits.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Bought mine Monday in Cleveland; Legacy Village store - $99 instant (no mailin rebate waiting needed) at corporate store. Will call Sprint about getting SERO plan pricing separately, since I see noone online was getting SERO phone discount to the alleged/rumoured $50 pricing anyway.

My contracts were up on 4 of my five lines anyway (back in August) so that part was easy.

I did figure out an email address to use online for SERO, too. (wink) But since the strange online system defaults over to Nextel system --and crashes out when I tried to upgrade phone/plan, it was easier to go to the store and handle things.

The wee Centro is a joy. Nicely done, Palm. Good luck with the Gen Y crowd.

M
    __
    Michael Compeau
    Red Zen Marketing . posterous . com
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    is there a special number for retentions?
    The last time I spoke to retention to get my new 700p, I just dialed the Sprint main number 888 211-4727 and just say "cancel" when you hear the automated prompt asking you what you want to do or what dept you want.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    In your case, i'd email them or call them up and get some credits.
    I prefer e-mail for record keeping, but not sure where I should direct it. Any ideas on what address to send to?
    Quote Originally Posted by no1ukn0w View Post
    I prefer e-mail for record keeping, but not sure where I should direct it. Any ideas on what address to send to?

This is the email used the last time they communicated with me after I entered my request on their web site.

ecare@cc.sprintpcs.com

You can enter your cs issue on their web site and you'll get a copy of what you complained about in an automated repsonse before someone emails you back.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    end result-

got it thru Retentions for 299.00, no contract renewal

guess I will sell my 755 to make up the cost.

my account had been flagged since I called earlier in the day, the Rep said since I was offered a discount already this was the final retention offer, I wasnt going to argue, I was grateful to get it under 300.00

Considering I AM a Sero customer AND I JUST got my 755 in May, I think it was quite generous.

Hopefully the switch to the Centro is a good idea....

heres a tip to you, and anyone else wishing to switch phones.

Ebay

the centro is going on ebay for 99$ - 150$ (as well as some people selling it for $300+)

buy the phone cheap; and now that sprint offers ESN swapping online

change your headset

cheap
    (Sigh)....$75 off as well. I'm hoping it will be worth it. It sounds like it so far. I'm pretty excited!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast