1.    #1  
    I have had the Treo 680 for about 2 weeks now, great phone, but I have 2 issues with it, and I REALLY hope there is a fix for it:

SMS: when I send a text message, I have to sit there and stare at "sending" until the message is sent, for that period the phone is useless. Is there a way I can send and go do other things as the phone is sending the message?

Browsing: I would like it if while a page is loading I could do other things, like go write some emails as it is loading a page.

at the moment the SMS issue is my main issue, any help would be greatly appreciated
    The 680's Palm OS is not a multitasking operating system, so no there is not a solution to your problems. The Linux based Palm OS due next year will solve that problem.
  3.    #3  
    awesome, thanks for the reply and the info, can you give me a link that would give me more info on this Linux Palm OS, I heard about it but wanna know more, who is developing it? ACCESS or Palm?

thanks
    how lond does it take to send an sms?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    how lond does it take to send an sms?
    4 to 5 seconds, it's just the fact that I'm handcuffed for those few seconds
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    4 to 5 seconds is quite long to send an SMS. My Treo 680 usually does it in 2-3 seconds (double tap center button instead of pressing Send to save a second).
    <A HREF="http://www.treotoday.net">Treo Today<A> - news, tips, tricks and more