1.    #1  
    What are the chances of getting the Centro firmware ported to the 700p? It sounds like the Centro has zero lag!!! That would fix 3/4 of the 700p's problems.
    If the 700p could be fixed with a software update it would've been by now. It's hardware related. Buy a centro if you have too many problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    If the 700p could be fixed with a software update it would've been by now. It's hardware related. Buy a centro if you have too many problems.
    Wish I could, but i'm stuck with Verizon.
    I'd be tempted to switch from the 700p to the Centro now, based simply on the lack of lags and resets and quicker internet response that have been reported for this new device. However, I had such a horrible experience with customer "service" at Sprint (with a Blackberry 8830) that I will wait for Verizon to start carrying it.

Don
    Can people with Centro use ##UPST etc?

If you had r2sd backup of Centro etc ROM, you could cut out that part and put it back into the ROM ZIP, then run Rom Updater.prc to flash it.
    A BB with Sprints crappy CS is better than a Centro on Verizon... Palm sucks.
    Doesn't the Centro have much smaller keys and a smaller screen?

Dawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Sorry, can't agree about the BB. Although the device is reliable, the poor user interface and lack of third-party email software of the caliber of Chatter, as well as inferior PIM, made it disappointing for me. I went back to the 700p (never applied the MR), which is more convenient to use, even with its lags and resets. than the BB.

As to Sprint's customer "service", it was intolerable. They were bad even (or especially) at the end. I returned the BB a day before the 30-day trial period was over, but they still charged me a $200 "early termination" fee. I called customer service three times, finally, before they removed that from my account. The first two times the CSRs said they would, but didn't. You just can't trust them to enter things properly into their computer systems, which I imagine must be poorly designed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    As to Sprint's customer "service", it was intolerable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    The key to Sprint CS is to call 703-433-4401 and deal with Executive Services.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    Is that just for business users or can an individual customer get service at that number?
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    I'll save that number for future reference, thanks.
    It's the hardware (chipset or what not) that is the problem with the 700p. Wasn't the case that the same internals for the 700w was used for the 700p and it proved to cause conflict with the Palm OS? That's how I remembered it, and that's why it too so long to try and get an MR released. It wasn't just a quick firmware update. The Centro, I believe uses a different chipset so I'm sure it's more geared to the POS than before.

And I'll second the negative on the BB. I used an 8830 for a few weeks and liked it until I had to use it for work or use it like I use my Treo. The PIM sucks, and the limited use of the storage card is just a waste at this stage in the game. Can't backup to it, and you can't run programs off it. All that on top of the lack of 3rd party support just killed the deal. As an email device and extremely basic PIM, it was fine. It did the web fairly well too. But it's still lacking in a few areas that are crucial if you're a strong POS user. Agendus should be available soon which is a plus, and I could probably deal with it then. But I still love my touchscreen and the ability to cut and paste and pinpoint things on the screen with greater ease.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Somewhere along the line I picked up the direct line for Level 2 tech support for the Sprint Treo. Haven't used it in a while, but when I did the wait time was short and the techs tried to be helpful. At that time, the 700P was still new, and I knew as much from searching BB's such as this one. The number is 866-818-1944 if you need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by b.ionian View Post
    Somewhere along the line I picked up the direct line for Level 2 tech support for the Sprint Treo. Haven't used it in a while, but when I did the wait time was short and the techs tried to be helpful. At that time, the 700P was still new, and I knew as much from searching BB's such as this one. The number is 866-818-1944 if you need it.
    Thanks, I'll save that one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    Thanks, I'll save that one too.
    Huh, how 'bout that -- I already had it. Must have gotten it here somewhere.