Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21  
    Lots of positives, but I wonder how long until reset hell hits the Centro?

    That was one reason I had to leave the 700p for 700wx:

    - Constant lockup and resets, even with no 3rd party apps.
    - Hotsync with Outlook was subject to corruption
    - Bluetooth sync was hit and miss.

    I wonder if these were addressed.
  2. #22  
    Considering that palm redesigned it, i'd have to say chances are good it was addressed. I think they were limited in what they could do with software fixes on past treos.
  3. #23  
    Limited re: software fixes? It's still the same 10 year old OS. That's my biggest cocern...it really can't handle all the stuff we need to do in a modern smartphone.

    I may be tempted...but the short battery life is of concern.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by wikka View Post
    Where did you get your hands on a Plantronics 855 ?
    I'm looking for one
    Best Buy
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Lots of positives, but I wonder how long until reset hell hits the Centro?

    That was one reason I had to leave the 700p for 700wx:

    - Constant lockup and resets, even with no 3rd party apps.
    - Hotsync with Outlook was subject to corruption
    - Bluetooth sync was hit and miss.

    I wonder if these were addressed.
    So far, my Centro hasn't locked up, and BT has been rock solid.

    But then again, I haven't installed countless 3rd party apps, many written by folks who may/may not have done proper QA. And believe me, I love 3rd party apps (which is why I love my Centro), but buyer beware.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    So far, my Centro hasn't locked up, and BT has been rock solid.

    But then again, I haven't installed countless 3rd party apps, many written by folks who may/may not have done proper QA. And believe me, I love 3rd party apps (which is why I love my Centro), but buyer beware.
    That's good to hear. I don't use a lot of 3rd party...I would just need:

    - Agendus
    - Snappermail
    - Slingbox
    - Instant Messaging (which I see is built-in)
    - Maybe app to turn off keyboard backlight/LED to save battery

    Sync to Outlook 2007 is critical, and solidily so through BT.

    The only app I would miss is Windows Live (for WM devices), which is awersome...I wish there was a Palm equivalent.

    I think I'll let this bake for a bit and check back in with you in a month or so.
  7. #27  
    still the same old OS, but wasn't the problem with the 700 the fact that they used the same hardware for both the winmob and Palm edition, and it just wasn't as compatible with the POS? Hence the problems, and the limited ability to completely fix them. Even though the Centro might have the same processor, I think it has a different chipset than the 700 series so it won't share its problems. Just a thought, opinion or whatever.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Limited re: software fixes? It's still the same 10 year old OS. That's my biggest cocern...it really can't handle all the stuff we need to do in a modern smartphone.

    I may be tempted...but the short battery life is of concern.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions