1.    #1  
    So anyone know if they fixed the DTMF thing that started happening on the Treo 700p (1.10) and 755p?
    I asked about it in the Q&A thread; Septimus didn't remember enough about it to test, and we haven't had any answers from him for a few days.

Anyone else who's got picked one up want to answer this one?
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Bumping this, because I'm curious as heck about this as well.
    I never paid attention to the bug on my 700p -- what is it, and how do I try to verify it on my Centro?
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman View Post
    So anyone know if they fixed the DTMF thing that started happening on the Treo 700p (1.10) and 755p?
    So far I haven't heard it. There was one test to use the Phone app and press the space bar and that make the beep on my 700p post-MR but no sound at all of the Centro. So far, so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAndrews View Post
    So far I haven't heard it. There was one test to use the Phone app and press the space bar and that make the beep on my 700p post-MR but no sound at all of the Centro. So far, so good.

That test doesn't do anything on the 755p though which does have the tone issue.
    I had the issue on my 700P and so far nothing on my Centro. I was getting the tone when I turned on the phone and disconected , Nothing so far.
    Awesome, maybe that means a 755p update to fix that issue isn't far behind? (Hopefully I won't have to wait a year like I did for my 700p.)
  9. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    What is a DTMF tone?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    What is a DTMF tone?

A touch-tone sound.
  11. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Ok thanks

(feels like a total ***** for having to actually ask that)
    I have it on my 700p, does it actually have any negative effect or its just an irritating bug.
    Mainly an annoyance for most people...but it can be real problem if you work in certain professions where all electronic devices must be silenced (such as a courtroom).
    No DTMF tone bug on the Centro.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    I have it on my 700p, does it actually have any negative effect or its just an irritating bug.
    For example, I'm a teacher, and as a rule, I have my students silence their phones, and I do the same with mine. For my phone to emit a beep over which I have no control is something I must avoid.

Can others back up what nsxprime said? The tone really is dead?
    Last edited by Jeffois; 10/15/2007 at 12:47 PM. Reason: clarity
    Well, on a Treo 700p/755p, you can silence the DTMF tone by going to Pref--> then Sound & Alerts and go to System Sounds and set it to "0". Yes, you'll lose all your system sounds even if your ringer is switched on, but you should not hear your DTMF sounds or that the cellphone is out of range beeps.