1.    #1  
    I am thinking about purchasing a palm OS treo.

Before I spend the money I wanted to make sure there is a straight forward way to perform a 2-way sync between a treo and gmail contacts/calendar.

I use a hosted google apps account.

Searching around I have found a few open source or 3rd party solutions that either don't support contacts or appear inactive. Google's mobile gmail application doesn't support contact sync.

I don't mind spending a few dollars on 3rd party software. I would prefer an OTA sync solution.

Thanks in advance.

Carlos
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I am in the same situation and use the following methods:

Contacts: I treat Google contacts as my "master" and then export into Outlook and then sync with my treo. Clumsy and one way transfer but it works. I's love to find a more elegant solution.

Calendar: I use an app called goosync. You can get it at www.goosync.com. The free service is a true sync, but only syncs events 7 days in the past and 30 days in the future. I paid the annual subscription fee of ~$40 to sync up to a year ahead. It works well apart from the fee.

Maybe Google will come out with a solution themselves. While I really like Google Apps I wish they would add a task/todo list also.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply.

--> I wish they would add a task/todo list also

I have seen a few ways of using gmail tags as a way to track tasks. However, it doesn't feel a well put together as a top level "task list" feature.

Did you ever come across or try gcaldaemon http://gcaldaemon.sourceforge.net/index.html?

Carlos
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    No I have not tried this. Have you?