Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just got mine today , it took me 5 minute to get the damn door on. Haven't tried taking it off yet. No reset button?! I can see me modding it and installing one if the door is really this sucky.

Maybe Sidio will come out with some good stuff, a decent battery door, decent battery and an aluminum stylus. The stylus is a joke, it bends just tapping the screen!

You can certainly see where quality cuts were made on this phone.
    I don't know what all the fussing is about with this door. If you look at the "notches" on the side when you take the cover off, you can see what the cover requires to be removed. PRESS IT to slide it back, LIFT IT UP. It's not difficult for crying out loud. I'm glad the door is a little tricky because if you remember or read back, many of the previous Treos had problems KEEPING THE DOOR ON when the unit was bumped around or dropped. Damned if they do, damned if they don't!

I'm a girl and I can figure it out, c'mon people!
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Mine seems to come on and off fairly easily, but the creak @ bottom right is awful when typing. If there were a way to remove the microSD without removing the battery cover I would be in absolute heaven as I install most programs from there, I find it easier than hotsync.
    Life is a garden, dig it. -Joe Dirt
    Hey, these complains just go to show how great the Centro is. If the battery door get that much attention, the rest of the device must be great.

I too anticipated great difficulty with the battery door after reading all these posts. But mine came on and off easy enough that I would not consider it an issue. It's tight, but I consider it a necessity for a good tight fit. My 650 door was designed with some space between it and the battery presumably so that one could press on it and disengage the door latch. The problem was because of the space, the door flexed when you hold the phone. I considered that a flaw. The Centro's door has a perfect fit. I wonder if Palm would get more complain if they bring back the 650 door.

I do miss one aspect of the 650 door: I kept a $20 bill folded behind it to get rid of the flex. It was my emergency cash that I used at least a dozen times. Can't do that with the Centro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatal99 View Post
    Mine seems to come on and off fairly easily, but the creak @ bottom right is awful when typing. If there were a way to remove the microSD without removing the battery cover I would be in absolute heaven as I install most programs from there, I find it easier than hotsync.
    my wife found that if you have a slight fingernail, you could pop the side door for the microSD out since the whole door is rubber. i don't know how well this works cuz we haven't been able to buy any microSD cards yet. so i'm not sure if this is a solution or not give it a try though if you'd like and then maybe get back and let us know how it works i also don't know if this is a good solution for long term as i don't know how the little rubber door will hold up although it doesn't seem to put too much stress on it

have fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek View Post
    Damned if they do, damned if they don't!
    Well double damn!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    > I'm a girl and I can figure it out, c'mon people!

I think the phones differ quite a bit. Some work fine, some are hard to remove, some are hard to put back on. Mine is easy to put on, but a gorilla could not get it off. Fortunately, I always carry a small screwdriver. The trick on mine is to push it down until it clicks and pull it down the tiny fraction of an inch mine will go. That is just enough room for the screwdriver blade; twist the blade just a bit and it pops off.
    The battery door is not that difficult. I got pretty good at removing and replacing it to swap micro cards.

I use mReset to reset the Centro without removing the door.

The battery door on the Centro is similar to closing and locking the old 60's Volkswagon Beetle hood after refueling the VDub.

You have to hold your mouth just right.

I don't find it difficult at all. Mine is tight but easy to get on and off. Just pullback and it comes off and push on the bottom with your palm and it goes on.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...h_CIMG0155.jpg
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I kept mReset on my 700p but realized the only times I felt the need to reset was when my phone froze up, thus making it in-accessible. This was when I decided 2 drill a hole in the 700p door just big enough for the stylus, it worked quite well. As far as my microSD card, I appreciate the input but my fingernails are too thick to get between the rubber door and the battery door. I may try to shave the rubber down a bit though, to make your idea work.
    I kept mReset on my 700p but realized the only times I felt the need to reset was when my phone froze up, thus making it in-accessible. This was when I decided 2 drill a hole in the 700p door just big enough for the stylus, it worked quite well. As far as my microSD card, I appreciate the input but my fingernails are too thick to get between the rubber door and the battery door. I may try to shave the rubber down a bit though, to make your idea work.
    my microSD door has a little space on the bootom side of the door, (opposite side of IR) not against the battery door.

don't know if that helps
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    It actually does, now I need to find a way to get the card past the battery door. Also, to those with creaking problems when typing, I cut up a business card & placed it over the battery and voila no squeaks.
    It actually does, now I need to find a way to get the card past the battery door. Also, to those with creaking problems when typing, I cut up a business card & placed it over the battery and voila no squeaks.
    so it won't get past the battery door huh? i was wondering if that would be a problem. we haven't got cards yet so i haven't been able to test it yet. doh

from unclejung

I do miss one aspect of the 650 door: I kept a $20 bill folded behind it to get rid of the flex. It was my emergency cash that I used at least a dozen times. Can't do that with the Centro.
    it seems if you were to take the fuzzy pad off the door that the $20 hack might work. i tried to fit the 20 in there but it seems that the pad is what's stopping it.

i like the idea of the $20 bill in there it's a nice emergency fund
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12