Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    Got a treo 650 yesterday and I'm trying to set my phone so I receive my Gmail on it. There's no button in my applications list that says versamail... only a button that says "mail" with two arrows...one going left, one going right. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to set my phone up so i can receive my Gmail messages? Thanks.
  2. #2  
    You need to get and install versamail or another email program that works on the Treos. I use Versamail, I like it.
  3. #3  
    I thought Versamail came pre-installed on the 650. When you press the little envelope hard button above the keypad on your 650, what screen comes up? That envelope button should launch Versamail. Then you need to go in the Account screen and set up your account info for your gmail account. You'll need to go onto your gmail account on a PC and click on Forwarding and POP and be sure you POP enabled, so you can pick up your mail on the treo.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    I thought Versamail came pre-installed on the 650. When you press the little envelope hard button above the keypad on your 650, what screen comes up? That envelope button should launch Versamail. Then you need to go in the Account screen and set up your account info for your gmail account. You'll need to go onto your gmail account on a PC and click on Forwarding and POP and be sure you POP enabled, so you can pick up your mail on the treo.
    I did not know it comes installed now. When i got mine that envelope button took me to a standard mail function they had, it wasn't versamail.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tennis4you View Post
    I did not know it comes installed now. When i got mine that envelope button took me to a standard mail function they had, it wasn't versamail.
    So when you press the envelope hard button it brings up an email screen? If you then press the Info hard button, which is above the envelope button, and click on Options, the bottom thing there does not say "About Versamail"?

    Just curious, which treo model do you use?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    So when you press the envelope hard button it brings up an email screen? If you then press the Info hard button, which is above the envelope button, and click on Options, the bottom thing there does not say "About Versamail"?

    Just curious, which treo model do you use?
    It use to just say "mail", it was the default program and I never used it. I ended up going into the settings and setting the email hard button to point to Versamail.

Posting Permissions