1.    #1  
    I was able to get a centro last night from a sprint store in AZ. I've got phone activated fine but the data side is unable to provision. I have called sprint tech support and they said that the provisioning system is having some troubles that started this morning and they don't know why or when it will be resolved.

Anybody else having data provisioning problems?

Other than that, I love this little guy. I will give a full review when the data side is working.

-Gadgetpro
  2. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Actually the whole system is down accdg to SU forums.

Im so envious of you. The stores locally that have them (even though they are black) won't gimme one!

But I am holding out for Red.
    Yeah, I'm sitting here with a new black Centro, dying to test out some data apps. Figures that the provisioning system dies right before the Centro goes public... grrr.
    We have been provisioning phones all day with no issues. If you have your MSL, do ##3282#, press the menu key and select restore. Enter your MSL and select ok. Now do ##3282# again but this time go to update profile. Your phone should provision fine after that.
    Last edited by Muffnician; 10/12/2007 at 04:29 PM.
    How do I find out what my MSL is?
    Its the 6 digit number given to access the programming when you activate the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetpro View Post
    I was able to get a centro last night from a sprint store in AZ. I've got phone activated fine but the data side is unable to provision. I have called sprint tech support and they said that the provisioning system is having some troubles that started this morning and they don't know why or when it will be resolved.

Anybody else having data provisioning problems?

Other than that, I love this little guy. I will give a full review when the data side is working.

-Gadgetpro
    I'm having the same problem. Would try to provision and just error out. Eventually it connected and provisioned my phone but Power Vision won't connect now. I'm going to dig deeper into the Network settings under Prefs because I seem to remember having the same problem with my Treo 650 at some point.
    I was about to call Technical Support at Sprint, when my provisioning finally took hold. All is well now.
    How's the loudspeaker since CNET says it's weak?
    The speaker (and camera) seem to be much better than my old 700p. Work great.
    The method outlined above appears to have worked for my 700p. Thanks.