1.    #1  
    Well I guess I will have to go in Sunday since my store apparently follows the rules. They have them, just won't sell them till the 14th. Told them I would buy it this afternoon too if they would sell it. Maybe I will stop by and see if they will deal in person. Maybe I'll get lucky and the kid behind the counter won't be working on Sunday but will want to get the sale.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols View Post
    Well I guess I will have to go in Sunday since my store apparently follows the rules. They have them, just won't sell them till the 14th. Told them I would buy it this afternoon too if they would sell it. Maybe I will stop by and see if they will deal in person. Maybe I'll get lucky and the kid behind the counter won't be working on Sunday but will want to get the sale.
    Sorry to hear that...that really sucks. Fortunately for me there are several Sprint stores in the area that I live in. I was planning to call around but lucked up on the first call. I was surprised that they sold one to me. Especially because I don't believe it helped the guy due to the fact that I wasn't due for an upgrade or anything. Well good luck to you...
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    As of yesterday, 2 of the 3 stores in my area had plenty in stock. Both of them said they had received a notification to begin selling it...that it wasn't necessary to wait until 10/14.
  4. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Only one store in STL is willing to sell it but the rest said no. In fact I called every local store and 4 of them had no freaking clue what a Centro was.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Hit 3 stores in my area and they wont even confirm they have them, Hayward, San Leandro, and Pleasanton.
    i checked 4 stores in my area, only one said they were gettin' em in today, but they ended up not getting them only "other stuff" they ordered. so i gave the girl my number to call me as soon as they come in. everyone else said they'd get them in a couple of weeks??
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    Only one store in STL is willing to sell it but the rest said no. In fact I called every local store and 4 of them had no freaking clue what a Centro was.
    I had one in my hand at the Fenton store here in St. Louis county today. They sold two last night and the rest (of 5 total) today. I was at the Chesterfield Valley store (company owned) and they said they wouldn't have any for a few weeks and told me to go to the Fenton one.

Here's a blurry pic taken with my 755 of the one today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RickMG; 10/12/2007 at 07:37 PM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    The guy at my sprint store said they only got two and would not sell any of them until the 18th. The guy then proceeded to pull out his brand new Centro and let me see it and then took it back. Nice...I will never deal with that store again.
    just came back from sprint store in LA and I asked a female rep..she knew nothing. The cocky know it all rep overheard us and said "those arent coming out yet till next month"

Moron
  10.    #10  
    Well I went into the store and the guy was getting ready to sell it to me then asked one of the other guys if it was on sale yet and then they said that they couldn't till tomorrow. But he did power it up and and put my name on it. Going in tomorrow at noon to buy it. I got to play with it for a minute. Screen is much nicer looking than my 650. Felt very sturdy too. The guy who let me see it had a hard time with the battery door as others have reported.

One thing that I did not like is that the green button doesn't bring up the phone app like the 650, you have to use the dedicated phone button. I don't know why put two buttons to do what one did on the 650 so nicely.

All in all I think the size/weight reduction plus EVDO will make this a ok upgrade from my 650. The 650 has been a great phone and is still running strong (had it since they first came out).
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I just upgraded my wife's ancient Samsung i500 with a black Centro. Only 1 of the 4 Sprint stores near me would sell to an existing customer. They said they only had a few in stock and were only selling to new customers. That's a great way to treat loyal customers.

Jason
    Kyocera 6035->Treo 600->Treo 650->HTC TouchPro->Epic 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonsf View Post
    I just upgraded my wife's ancient Samsung i500 with a black Centro. Only 1 of the 4 Sprint stores near me would sell to an existing customer. They said they only had a few in stock and were only selling to new customers. That's a great way to treat loyal customers.

Jason

I would have called up sprint corporate. A customer who is out of contract is as valuable as new customer.
    Man, those stories just suck and make me realize how lucky I was. I stopped by the Sprint store on Friday on the way home and picked up two (for my wife and me) on an out of contract upgrade. I stopped by today since I was in the area and I don't think they had any left.

I'm thinking that regardless of how many they can produce, Palm may have a hard time keeping up with the demand for these little suckers.