1.    #1  
    Had a full day with the Centro ( up until 2 am with it). I will try to do an unbiased review for anyone who is debating getting a Centro. For reference I was a very happy 700P owner befroe this

Form- Smaller and thinner. Feels solid and easy to hold. No more comments from the friends about carring a pc around. No more worries about the SD card falling out ( like on the 700P) . My only issue and this could be my device only is that I have trouble closing the battery door. takes me a while to get it closed. Also there isnt really a need for a case . Looks to nice to put a case on.

Screen- slightly smaller. but barley noticible and the pixels look better so its a better screen. Slingplayer even looks nicer.

Keyboard. Its harder to type at first but much like the 700P after a few hours I had no problems. just a learning curve.

Internet : Same Blazer but I get better reception with this phone then my 700P and I am surfing faster.

Speaker- It is a much louder speaker which is perfect for listening to music and alarms. they improved the speaker.

Camera- They did something to the camera becasue the pictures are clearer and brighter and when I enter a dark room the lighting of the picture changes and a dark room the picture gets brighter. My 700P didnt do that. in a dark room I couldnt take a pic with my 700P. Definetly they did something.

Palm OS : No change but so far no delays between programs and no issues such as the beeps I get on my 700P after the update even when on Mute. The OS seems stable. no resets ( not done by me) and when I got my 700P i had atleast 1 a day from day one.

Battery - this is not for a power user. if you are on it ALL day then dont get the Centro until Siedo comes out with a extended battery.

Programs - Comes with the common ones found on the 755P (IM Program,google maps etc) plus a full version of Pocket Tunes Deluxe. Does everything a 755P can do .

Issues- Some older programs that you couldnt get out of on the 700P (Using the "Home" key) and you would hit the "Phone key" to get out are harder to get out of. I had to reset the deivce a few times to get out of these programs . Again its a few and I dont think any where big programs.

Benifits : Smaller form factor, Better speaker, Camera improvment, palm os seems stable (But only been 1 day)

Drawbacks : Smaller battery life. again this is not for a power user.
    I used my treo about 2-3 hours a day so this is fine for me. but if you use it 3+ hours a day then it is not for you until the extended batter comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    ....Issues- Some older programs that you couldnt get out of on the 700P (Using the "Home" key) and you would hit the "Phone key" to get out are harder to get out of. I had to reset the deivce a few times to get out of these programs . Again its a few and I dont think any where big programs.
    Thanks for the review.
    Can you list the programs that you had this problem with? I would like to know in advance if they are ones that I rely on.
  3.    #3  
    Palm VNC was the big one.

Most of the other were games . Blocks, Kerboom,Moon intruders,Pacman , PacDude100,

Mostly games that use the home key for usage in the game.

But Palm VNC was the big one. I use that program all the time and I definetly need to figure out a way to get out of it without having to reset the device.
  4.    #4  
    Im not the only one to notice that the camera is better . here is a review from Treonauts and they specifically note how much better the camera is. I know its the same 1.3 MP camera but it really looks better .

FROM THE REVIEW
    http://blog.treonauts.com/

Camera/Video: I haven’t yet been able to make some proper comparisons but based on first impressions both the images and video that the Centro takes appear to be much improved over earlier models.
    Question about the LED. I'm told, in another thread, that it only illuminates during charging. I am wondering if its behavior can be modified with Butler or alike. I like the functionality of Treos, where, if there is an alert or message, the LED will notify you.

Thanks.
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
    Palm VNC was the big one.
    I use Palm VNC as well and was looking forward to using it more moving to a faster data connection (from my 650 GSM). I wonder if you could map the side button to something and use that to get out of Palm VNC?
    That's what I did, I had a 'Home' shortcut on Hi-Launcher that I triggered from the side key, it worked with most apps. Ejecting and inserting the SD card worked at times also.
  8.    #8  
    Interesting. I will see if I can get LupusP to use another button to get out of it. I am still in the process of installing aps and will report back when I try it out. Thank you very much.
  9.    #9  
    Treonauts also confirms the new speaker so its not just my ears.

Back Speaker: until you hear it it’s hard to describe just how LOUD the new back speaker is – making it perfect for an impromtu music session, for your morning alarm clock and naturally more importantly to ensure that you actually hear your phone ringing when someone calls or texts you (comparatively I’ve been missing about 50% of calls on my test iPhone because both the speaker and the included ringtones are designed for people with bionic ears and not the average user).
    What's versamail like? I heard its 4.0 but haven't seen any details on what might be new in it.
    for palmVNC - try to use option and home to get out.

(at least this works on my 755)
    I'll 2nd the option and the home key. This was an issue with the 680 and the 755p. When I asked Mapopolis what to do, this was what they recommended. Seems that Palm changed the keyboard scan codes on the latest units.
    It exit VNC, can you press and hold the "home" button to get recently accessed apps to pick one so you can exit?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Issues- Some older programs that you couldnt get out of on the 700P (Using the "Home" key) and you would hit the "Phone key" to get out are harder to get out of. I had to reset the deivce a few times to get out of these programs . Again its a few and I dont think any where big programs.
    Instead of resetting, hit the option button and an application button. That will take you to the app for that item, and then from there you can go to the Home screens.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I've tried using the option and app button with no success with several apps, mostly Astraware games however most frustrating is Mapopolis. I have a AT&T Centro, I'm not sure that makes a difference or not.