1.    #1  
    I just received one of the SD card/ Bluetooth GPS receiver combos and have a problem getting it to stay powered thru the SD card slot. When inserting the GPS/SD card into the 700p the GPS light would come on and flash a couple of times but would then go off and stay off. The 700p would recognize the Bluetooth device but would not attach to it. I use Street Atlas on the 700p and it also could not find the GPS. I started to think that there was just no constant power to the SD card so I copied a coupld of MP3s to the card and started the MP3 player. Sure enough, the GPS light came on and the phone recognized the Bluetooth GPS and all the software seems to work fine. My question, Is there a way to supply power to the SD card without using another program such as the MP3 player. Thanks for any support.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    sounds like you need a low level driver - as a workaround you can use ptunes to play an mp3 file in the background and use your GPS software. If noise is a problem , record a "silent" mp3 and play it in the loop
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by leonidm View Post
    sounds like you need a low level driver - as a workaround you can use ptunes to play an mp3 file in the background and use your GPS software. If noise is a problem , record a "silent" mp3 and play it in the loop
    That's exactly what I'm doing and it works great with a silent mp3 in loop mode. You just have to start the song before the gps. I was just wondering if there is a hack somewhere that allows turning the power on to the sd card. Sounds like we are thinking alike on this. Thanks.
  4. jbh
    John B Harris
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbh View Post
    This does seem to work, however, it requires the same number of steps to start and stop as does playing a "silent" mp3. Is there an advantage to using this program that I am not seeing? Since this is a program for sale ($8.95) I would think there would be some advantage. Thanks.
  6. jbh
    Quote Originally Posted by mnbvc View Post
    This does seem to work, however, it requires the same number of steps to start and stop as does playing a "silent" mp3. Is there an advantage to using this program that I am not seeing? Since this is a program for sale ($8.95) I would think there would be some advantage. Thanks.
    Frankly you are probably right; it is the same number of steps! So IMO there probably is no advantage...
    John B Harris