Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    FYI:

New Release -- 3.0.9 is now available. Menu X out of Chatter and point your Treo's browser to http://get.chatteremail.com to download this version. The release supports the new Palm Centro and has also been updated to format Yahoo IMAP correctly.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    does anyone have the yahoo imap server settings?
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Bad news but version 3.09 is not a new version.
    How so?

Marc
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Funny, the version I downloaded 2 weeks ago, and have been using as a trial (purchased yesterday, by the way) was version 3.0.8.

That would seem to indicate a new version, don't you think?
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    I don't mean to speculate here. But a new version comes up and Marc is surprised by a comment that it is not a new version (I am reading it that he feels it is). Does that mean this is now back in development as I think Marc once said it wouldn't be developed further? Secondly, if Marc is responding on this thread, is he involved?

This would be fantastic news. For me, as I am sure for many others, Chatter is the MAIN reason I have not gone to a BB. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    I'm confused; there's nothing worthy of gossip... Is someone saying the version online doesn't say 3.0.9? The only reason there's a new version is that 3.0.8 required a minor change to run on Centro; there's still no ongoing development of ChatterEmail, as I've said before. ChatterEmail is a PalmOS client; Palm's future is not the existing PalmOS, right? So working on the old platform doesn't make a lot of sense.

Hope that helps.

Marc
  8.    #8  
    Look folks, its just a simple fix for Yahoo IMAP & Centro, that's it. Take it or leave it, nothing else new
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Amen, Rev!

Marc
    I've tried to install 3.0.9 OTA three times now with no luck. it will download the package but it can't open it when I select "Save and Open". I'm on a CING T650 upgrading from v3.0.6.3+
    I just tried it one more time and selected "Save" rather than "Save and Open" and that worked. I'm now running 3.0.9.

Now that I can take Chatter with me - looks like I'll be buying a Centro on Sunday :-)
    Thanks Marc. Hope things are going well for you at Palm.
    Thanks, Ron. Things are good...

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    I'm confused; there's nothing worthy of gossip... Is someone saying the version online doesn't say 3.0.9? The only reason there's a new version is that 3.0.8 required a minor change to run on Centro; there's still no ongoing development of ChatterEmail, as I've said before. ChatterEmail is a PalmOS client; Palm's future is not the existing PalmOS, right? So working on the old platform doesn't make a lot of sense.

Hope that helps.

Marc
    So what platform are you working on? We still have about another year left before POS is no longer Palm's main OS.
    Apple iPhone, BlackBerry 8800 and a Treo 750 on the "new" at&t. Palm Centro on Sprint.
    Sorry, can't say any more.

Marc
    So why does the Palm Infocenter article say $29.95, but Palm's store says $39.95 for Chatter?
    Hmmm, I just went to Palm.com's site where they sell Chatteremail and it still states $29.95....
    http://software.palm.com/us/html/dis...id=prod5350910

It is by far one of the BEST reason to get a Palm OS Treo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Keleko View Post
    So why does the Palm Infocenter article say $29.95, but Palm's store says $39.95 for Chatter?
    By the way, there will be a Linux-based Treo and I am sure a version of Chatteremail will be on the new Linux-based Treo!! (That is my speculation)

Keep up the great work Marc!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    Hmmm, I just went to Palm.com's site where they sell Chatteremail and it still states $29.95....
    http://software.palm.com/us/html/dis...id=prod5350910

It is by far one of the BEST reason to get a Palm OS Treo!!
    I don't know how you see $29.95 there. I definitely see $39.95 as the price. That's $10 too high for me.
    Do we have to buy a new code to put Chatter on the Centro?
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    No new purchase; just send a note to support@chatteremail with your new hotsync user name (it's case sensitive).

Marc
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast