Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Seems like most work fine so I will just list ones that I notice dont.

JpegWatch - Resets device
    Card Reader - The USB option is not there, only blurtooth option
    PalmVNC - Cant get out of program without reset, on 700P used to be able to hit phone button but does not work on centro.

Thats it so far.
    Is it possible to configure all of the buttons out of the box, (home button especially) or will you need LudusP?
    I'm looking forward to the GSM version when it comes out... Here's what I've got running on my Treo 650(that are deal breakers):

Ultimate Photo
    ZLauncher
    Chatter (I know there's going to be a new version, so no worries)
    Agendus
    Treo Weather
    Get Sportz
    Call Block (or an MP3 ringer program)
    GooSync
    Warden
    KeyShadesHack (or KB Lights Off)

Have you tested any of these?
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Checked a few apps out, moving from my old 700p to the Centro.

- LudusP works great. Green send button (useless) is again now my menu button
    - Slingplayer works perfect; looks even better on this screen than my 700p
    - Shawdomite's overlay test7.prc works fine, to eliminate that pesky call duration pop-up at the end of every call. Only difference is that it now has the OEM EVDO logo instead of Sprint's blue arrows, which is what his test6.prc was supposed to do. Could be the different ROM.
    - Seven's Personal Edition (basically the developer who provides Sprint's Business Connection) works fine, when running the 755p version. Can receive my corporate Exchange email from behind the firewall perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    I'm looking forward to the GSM version when it comes out... Here's what I've got running on my Treo 650(that are deal breakers):

Ultimate Photo
    ZLauncher
    Chatter (I know there's going to be a new version, so no worries)
    Agendus
    Treo Weather
    Get Sportz
    Call Block (or an MP3 ringer program)
    GooSync
    Warden
    KeyShadesHack (or KB Lights Off)

Have you tested any of these?
    I was thinking of installing KB Lights Off, like I had on my 700p, but the keys are much more subtle on the Centro, and the keyboard doesn't look like a Christmas tree when lit up. Going to leave it off for now.
    Butler cannot control the LED. The LED seems to only indicate charging (red), and charging complete (green). It does nothing else. A disappointment since it can otherwise be used like the Treos.
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
    Quote Originally Posted by snovvman View Post
    Butler cannot control the LED. The LED seems to only indicate charging (red), and charging complete (green). It does nothing else. A disappointment since it can otherwise be used like the Treos.
    That's a huge bummer, and could be a deal breaker for me. I currently have a simple flip phone and a TX, but I'm considering combining the two into a Centro. But, having to constantly turn the device on to make sure I haven't missed a call would be frustrating.

Based on prior Treo's and their idiosyncracies, do you think a future version of Butler (or something else) could enable the LED's for more functionality? I assume there was a time other Treos had dumb LEDs too, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by porkozone View Post
    That's a huge bummer, and could be a deal breaker for me. I currently have a simple flip phone and a TX, but I'm considering combining the two into a Centro. But, having to constantly turn the device on to make sure I haven't missed a call would be frustrating.

Based on prior Treo's and their idiosyncracies, do you think a future version of Butler (or something else) could enable the LED's for more functionality? I assume there was a time other Treos had dumb LEDs too, right?
    I hope so, but it's possible that the Centro is not "wired" to do that. It's nice to be able to set the Treo screen not to come on, but simply blink the LED when a message arrives. This is especially nice in a dark room at night, or as a less obvious notification. I don't understand Palm's logic to include an LED but use it for such limited purposes. It is indeed a big bummer for me too.
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Seems like most work fine so I will just list ones that I notice dont.

PalmVNC - Cant get out of program without reset, on 700P used to be able to hit phone button but does not work on centro.

Thats it so far.
    For PalmVNC, did you try the Option+Home button. That works for me on the version I am using. 2.0.6 build 216
    I can't get Treo Lnchr to stay as the default launcher - anyone else able to get it working?
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Usb Modem dosent work either..
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
    Mundu Instant Messenger does not work.
    =[

Well, it will work, but only if bluetooth is turned on.
    If you don't have bluetooth on, it will crash the program.
    Wierd.
    cardexport does not work. crashes centro.
    Treo Lnchr can't be set as default launcher, which is very annoying and would prevent me from buying it.
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Quote Originally Posted by dreadpiratedoug View Post
    Treo Lnchr can't be set as default launcher, which is very annoying and would prevent me from buying it.
    That's is very dissapointing. It's a great launcher. I guess you'll have to use another button. What about the side buttons?

Tks for the info
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 10/16/2007 at 11:30 AM.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Has anyone applied the "Tethered Mode Hack" and gotten in to work on the Centro?

TIA
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    That's is very dissapointing. It's a great launcher. I guess you'll have to use another button. What about the side buttons?

Tks for the info
    Actually, my solution was LudusP

Quote Originally Posted by dreadpiratedoug View Post
    Actually, my solution was LudusP
    Good idea and price is right.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by snovvman View Post
    Does LEDoff work on the centro? It's old, but it may work...
    Treo 650 Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by abe frohman View Post
    Does LEDoff work on the centro? It's old, but it may work...
    No, it does not load.

---

Please try this:

Download the trial and install this app (.prc):

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...oductId=164293

Launch PowerMan, chose menu (key on lower right of keypad), then options, and check "LED On for Missed Call/SMS", then click OK.

Next, chose "Normal" on the PowerMan screen, "Edit Profile" and make sure that LED is "on". Now, click on "Activate Profile".

Click on the home key and turn off the screen by pressing "end".

Call yourself on the Centro, do not answer, and see if the LED light up.

Then, send yourself an SMS, see if the LED lights up.

I have a Centro, but it's not yet activated (awaiting number porting) so I can't try this.

------

As a related matter, this application DOES get the LED to blink:

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...oductId=205731

----

Please report your results.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast