1.    #1  
    From my few hours of Centro ownership, I predict that the battery life ain't going to cut it for the supposed target audience (heavy IM-ers, SMS-ers, music playback-ers, etc). With my conservative use, I doubt I can get a full day without a charge. Good luck kids!
    let us know after a few "cycles" and the like. best success.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    From my few hours of Centro ownership, I predict that the battery life ain't going to cut it for the supposed target audience (heavy IM-ers, SMS-ers, music playback-ers, etc). With my conservative use, I doubt I can get a full day without a charge. Good luck kids!
    That will be music to Seidio's ears.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Can you charge it fully and then play stream video and see how long can it last until the 10% warning?

I did for my 700p but I don't remember how long it was. I *think* 3.5 hours? I can do the test again.
    Is the Centro battery the same as the Treo 680, or is it (yet another) kind of battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLar View Post
    Is the Centro battery the same as the Treo 680, or is it (yet another) kind of battery?

it's yet another kind of battery, the connectors are in a different place than the other treos
    Girlfriend just called and said that her battery level is low. She mostly text, so it looks like seidio can't come out with a battery soon enough. I told her to lower the brightness. I guess we will see how it goes from there. If sprint and plam thinks this battery is going to last they might be in for a rude awakening and that might be a major downfall of the centro. Her setting is without bluetooth, maybe 3 called since the morning, and multiple text so we will see if lowering the brightness will help which im sure it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagbklyn View Post
    Girlfriend just called and said that her battery level is low. She mostly text, so it looks like seidio can't come out with a battery soon enough. I told her to lower the brightness. I guess we will see how it goes from there. If sprint and plam thinks this battery is going to last they might be in for a rude awakening and that might be a major downfall of the centro. Her setting is without bluetooth, maybe 3 called since the morning, and multiple text so we will see if lowering the brightness will help which im sure it will.
    Also go into the power settings under pref and have the backlight turned off after so many seconds into the call instead of dim, turn beam off, and set the Auto-off sooner. This will help too. Also the sprint e-mail app seems to use the data a lot. My got ate up earlier today before the data settings were fixed, so if she went from a 1xRTT phone then make sure she has a power vision plan. But I am at 36% now, phones been running since 4:40 AM off the charger. Probably had about an hour of phone calls, plus the time with the tech support reprovisioning the phone so it was using data a during then. Tomorrow I should have a better idea of how it will do since my data is now fixed and the phone won't be running the radio for minutes at a time just trying to connect.
    I'm already trained for horrible Treo battery life. I picked up some chargers when Compusa went out of business and I keep them in my office and at home and car. So I'm always charging it.
  10.    #11  
    I'm running Exchange Active Sync for one email account on my Centro and that's about it. The battery goes quickly with little other use (zero 3rd-party apps, no BT, pTunes, no IM). I'm getting ~10 hours and I'm below 20% charge.
    Is Beam Recieve on by default on the Centro?

I know that's a power hog on my 650 and I see noticeably worse battery life if I forget and leave it enabled.
  12.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    Is Beam Recieve on by default on the Centro?

I know that's a power hog on my 650 and I see noticeably worse battery life if I forget and leave it enabled.
    Yes
    I would sure love the Blackberry battery life on the Treo's - the BB's have superb battery life with usage all day long
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    I would sure love the Blackberry battery life on the Treo's - the BB's have superb battery life with usage all day long
    My wife, and several of our friends have BB's and they have good battery life. Of course, it depends on they're usage, but all in all, it's good for them.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover