1.    #1  
    My speaker makes an annoying crackling sound for ~2 sec at the onset of a system reset (like the reset required after provisoning and installing certain apps). Happened 3x so far. Doesn't happen if I perform a manual reset. Haven't had a random reset (yet), so I don't know about that. Can any other Centro owners confirm or deny?

Edit: Will def be taking this one back...just noticed that I also have 2 dead pixels.
    Last edited by fgkay; 10/12/2007 at 08:33 AM.
  2.    #2  
    1. bad speaker
    2. dead pixels...and now,
    3. broken tab on battery cover (happened when replacing cover -- it's super-hard to get on/off on the Centro and takes way more effort than on other Treos)

nice build quality, Palm
    Are the two dead pixels on the top left and right . Mine does that on some programs and not on others. I dont think they are dead pixels if you are getting that. if the pixels are not the ones at the very most corners of the device upper left and upper right then disregard me.

Also the cover as I mentiond in my review is nearly impossible to get on sometimes. Its the battery. I take the battery out and its easy. they tried to get the thinnest battery they could but its just a little tight and the door has that foam on it making it such a tight fit.

My speaker is fine and I dont get those issues so That is a problem.
    Do you have to take battery out to reset? If so, then that sucks..otherwise, i'd leave the battery alone..
    it it jams or loops or you cant get out of a program you have to but otherwise you have to install a 3rd party app to reset. there are a few good ones on palmgear. there is no reset button .
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 10/12/2007 at 02:32 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Are the two dead pixels on the top left and right . Mine does that on some programs and not on others. I dont think they are dead pixels if you are getting that. if the pixels are not the ones at the very most corners of the device upper left and upper right then disregard me.

Also the cover as I mentiond in my review is nearly impossible to get on sometimes. Its the battery. I take the battery out and its easy. they tried to get the thinnest battery they could but its just a little tight and the door has that foam on it making it such a tight fit.

My speaker is fine and I dont get those issues so That is a problem.
    Start he camera and block the lens so that the bkgd is black. When I do this, I see 2 white/blue pixels within an otherwise black bkgd -- one on the right, the other on the left, both about 1/2 ay up he screen.
    That is definetly two burnt out pixels. Get it replaced Pronto before they run out of these.
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    Start he camera and block the lens so that the bkgd is black. When I do this, I see 2 white/blue pixels within an otherwise black bkgd -- one on the right, the other on the left, both about 1/2 ay up he screen.
    Thanks for the tip on the test procedure.
    The first unit I tried out at the Sprint store had an LCD screen that was slightly, and I mean slightly, ajar versus the phone layout. Luckily I caught the minor flaw, and asked for another, before purchasing.

My current unit seems to have no defects.
    why can't palm deliver a new model free of manufacturing defects?

I didn't follow the iPhone closely, but with a million sold- I have not heard about qc issues with the iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by frank-barnett View Post
    I didn't follow the iPhone closely, but with a million sold- I have not heard about qc issues with the iPhone.
    You haven't been listening then.
    No kidding. Lots of iphones needed exchanging..
    Use "LCD Analyzer" to check for dead pixels.
    Iphone had alot of issues. I know a few people who ahd to return them Check the Iphone message boards. They were far from flawless.
    First completely dead Centro. I have had it for 4 days and this morning (Christmas) I disconnected from the charger and put it in my pocket. I noticed it felt warm but figured it was from charging. 3 hours later I took it out to make a call and it is DEAD. Won't do a thing. Removed battery and replaced.....nothing. Hooked to charger, nothing! Have to wait until tomorrow when Sprint opens.