1.    #1  
    Well I went to the sprint store today to see if they will be selling the Centro this Sunday or if I can just order it online as usually they always say that they get phones 2 weeks after they are available on their website, but instead the guy tells me I got some here right now so I picked one up. I seriously love it this is what a Palm Smarthphone really should have been for a long long time. I absolutelly love it.
    It has been that for a long long time. Same OS, same browser, same resolution screen yet smaller? , same processor, etc, etc.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    It has been that for a long long time. Same OS, same browser, same resolution screen yet smaller? , same processor, etc, etc.
    I owned every Treo since the Treo 600 and I always found ways a treo could be improved so it feels more like a phone and not a brick. This is perfect. This is what I was waiting for all these years. Thank you PALM.
    I'm like others thinking that the specs just don't speak to the kind of positive reactions we're seeing ... the size is just a little bit smaller, the weight just a little bit lighter ... yet we're hearing all this gushing.

Don't get me wrong... glad to hear it ... I want Palm to survive, but... but.... what gives???
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    I'm like others thinking that the specs just don't speak to the kind of positive reactions we're seeing ... the size is just a little bit smaller, the weight just a little bit lighter ... yet we're hearing all this gushing.

Don't get me wrong... glad to hear it ... I want Palm to survive, but... but.... what gives???
    I know what you mean when you see the numbers you think its not even much smaller what is the fuss about, but dude this phone is tiny. I can't believe they put all this stuff into this phone. You'll see for yourself soon enough once you see it I promisse you that you won't be able to hold back from buying it.
    "tiny?"

i remember the day when so many tried to convince others that the Treo wasn't all that big and that it's form factor was perfect. now we're hearing that Treo users really enjoy how much smaller the Centro is and how much they hate their larger Treos.

funny.
    Last edited by oalvarez; 10/12/2007 at 02:02 AM.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    But why would you want a smaller screen?? LOL

The Treo's size is fine. Pretty soon you'll want the "finger Treo" to be held with two fingers and a magnifying glass to see it..
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    But why would you want a smaller screen?? LOL

The Treo's size is fine. Pretty soon you'll want the "finger Treo" to be held with two fingers and a magnifying glass to see it..
    the phone it self is smaller not the screen.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    "tiny?"

i remember the day when so many tried and convince others that the Treo wasn't all that big and that it's form factor was perfect. now we're hearing that Treo users really enjoy how much smaller the Centro is and how much they hate their larger Treos.

funny.
    ya that definatelly wasn't me when the treo 600 came out I kept going back and fourth from the samsung I500 and the treo cause I liked the treo better but the I500 was allot smaller. Just so you know my wife has a sanyo Katana 2 and this phone is allot closer to the size of the katana then it is to the treo 755p.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Not true...

I cry foul..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    'fraid not. Centro 2.2" v's it's predecessors 2.4"

http://www.palm.com/us/products/reso...martphone.html
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    'fraid not. Centro 2.2" v's it's predecessors 2.4"
    I'm cutting dkotoric1 some slack. I'm thinking he's still under 40.
    I think the screen is definitely smaller, however theres no 1 pixel white border and no extra blank space like on previous Treos, so not as much smaller as you at first think.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I just picked up a Centro. The screen is smaller than a 755p BUT it is brighter. I like the form factor better than the 755 it is closer in size of a Motorola SLVR but thicker. It fits in the hand real good. One thing VioceDial does not work with this device.