1.    #1  
    I am syncing contacts with an Exchange server and all of the sudden my email addresses in my palm are displayed as "contact name (email address)". This does not work when I try to send out an email.

Does anyone else experience this? I think the only thing that changed is that my Exchange Server was upgraded to 2007.
    The following is speculation on my part:

Sounds like the contacts on the server changed format and downloaded that format to the Treo.

Can you go into Outlook on the server and select a different format for the email addresses and then re-sync with the Treo with the contacts conduit temporarily set to desktop overwrites Palm?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    The following is speculation on my part:

Sounds like the contacts on the server changed format and downloaded that format to the Treo.

Can you go into Outlook on the server and select a different format for the email addresses and then re-sync with the Treo with the contacts conduit temporarily set to desktop overwrites Palm?
    Do you know how I select a different format for the emails in Outlook?
  4.    #4  
    When I go into Outlook and look at a contact, the email field only shows the email address and the display as field has the contact name (email address). I am thinking that maybe this is what is causing it. Can someone else please check their outlook to see how it is displayed.

Thank you.
    I have Outlook 2000 on my home PC, what version do you have?

I use the Palm desktop for Contacts, so my practical experience here is nil. Someone with Outlook and Exchange Server experience is bound to jump in sooner or later.

(If this thread goes no where -- I have a stupid idea. . . . . . .
    Step One - set sync to Palm Desktop with "handheld overwrites desktop".
    Step Two -- I hope this transfer puts the email addys back to just the addy in the Palm Desktop)
    Step Three -- set the conduit to desktop overwrites handheld and bring the addys back.
    Step Four -- if this works in putting the email addys back on your Treo in a proper format -- then do not sync contacts with the Exchange Server again until you figure out the problem -- or always set the contacts conduit to handheld overwrites desktop when you are back syncing to the Exchange Server.)
    Last edited by gtwo; 10/11/2007 at 08:48 PM.
  6.    #6  
    I am using Outlook 2007 and I figured out it is the Display As field under the email. The problem is that I don't know how to change the default to not include the name and only show the email address.
    Looks like you are on the right track. (You can read my edit above for giggles.)
  8.    #8  
    I have tried everything to fix this but can't seem to find a solution. Really making me mad because it was working just fine.
    I use outlook 2007 and my display as field also shows name(email) when an address is entered. In any event have you tried customizing the columns displayed on your contacts? Right click at the top of the column and click customize current view, select fields, select email from drop down box at the top, then add email to be displayed in the contacts column (if it isn't already there). Sync and then perhaps you could use this selection on your device when emailing. I could find no way other than physically editing the "display as" field to remove the name from the email in outlook.
    Last edited by BaldBaby; 10/23/2007 at 03:32 AM.