Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    I am new to Seidio's Extended battery club. I finally took the plunge but instead opted to try the newer extra extended battery @ 2600mah. I heard such great reviews about the 2400mah Extended battery I figured going larger wouldn't hurt being my first Extended Battery. I haven't seen any reviews on the forum about the 2600 but so far all I can say is I am speechless. I know a lot of people want to see small, slim, put in the pocket devices but carrying a little more mass with outrageous battery life is worth the sacrifice.
    at&t iPhone3G
  2. #2  
    I heartily agree with this. I am using it on the 700wx and this battery's performance is incredible. I am getting what seems to be about twice as much uptime form my phone with the new battery. Outstanding.
  3. migs's Avatar
    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    #3  
    Agreed I have this battery, and I can go for days.... well worth the money
  4.    #4  
    I was stoked at the time I started this thread. All this week my stokeness has tuned into frustration. I purchased this battery without actually reading member's inputs on the forum and now I have experienced less than par performance and reading so many who experienced the same I wish I would have read around before purchasing this battery. I am not going to knock Seidio at all...I am just not happy with this product. When I started using the battery after the initial 8 hour charge, it seemed unbelievably better but a day or two later it was seeming more like my OEM battery. Then I tried all the attempts to condition it afterword via 3 to 5 cycles, bringing it down below 10% each time, hard reseting when fully charged with the charger connected to help in extra power acknowledgement from the OS and I still see no more extra power. This battery is supposed to be rated at approximately 40% more power! It also drains fast. I am using all the same applications I used with my OEM, so nothing has changed. My OEM handles Chatter staying connected all day with me ending the day at 10pm with 60-70% with moderate phone and data use and with heavy use for me I end the day with 40-50%. Seidio 2600 is so dissapointing I even put chatter asleep earlier in the day and I put chatter off line syncing every half hour and I ended up with 46% at the end of the day with the same heavy use for me above with the OEM ending with 40-50% and the OEM had chatter connected for push all day. My phone drained from 50% to dead one night in a couple of hours with the extended battery too, and my phone has been bugging out, in which I have never had issues with this before. I have tried to contact seidio for a replacement if this product is faulty but I honestly don'[t know if I want one. I honestly don't know if this product can be trusted in my device. After reading thru the forum about common situations with members I am questioning this product...questioning enough to even wonder if the people who are happy with thier Seidio batteries are experiencing a disillusioned "placebo" effect telling themselves what they want to hear to justify their purchase. I have put off buying this product for the longest because of my doubts...I should have kept it that way. We will see if and when they give me a replacement but then again I don't know if I care about it, worrying more about just getting my money back. In all actuality with my performance from my OEM, I never really needed an extended battery any way...I just don't like having my phone on the charger every night and figured figured an extended battery would allow me more time away from the charger for like a couple of days by the numbers game with how its supposed to perform vs. my using habbits.
    Last edited by KStewart; 10/21/2007 at 02:28 PM.
    at&t iPhone3G
  5. #5  
    Hmmm, sounds like you may have a defective battery. I got the Seidio 2600 mAh battery as well and I also use Chatteremail and noticed that I can get by longer on the my 2600 mAh battery than my OEM battery. I can go through a whole day of Chatteremail sync with three different email accounts and phone use and a little internet use and it rarely do I get below 50% by the end of the day.

    Anyhow, I don't have any ties with Seidio, but I have been happy with their products. I did have a 2400 mAh battery I was using when I had my Treo 650 and used it on my Treo 700p as well. Unfortunately, the 2400 mAh battery after 2 years of heavy use started to show its age and it was perform similarily to my OEM battery so I got the 2600 mAh to replace it and it has been doing slightly better than my 2400 mAh as well in terms of durability throughout the day.

    I would see if you could get another battery.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    Hmmm, sounds like you may have a defective battery. I got the Seidio 2600 mAh battery as well and I also use Chatteremail and noticed that I can get by longer on the my 2600 mAh battery than my OEM battery. I can go through a whole day of Chatteremail sync with three different email accounts and phone use and a little internet use and it rarely do I get below 50% by the end of the day.

    Anyhow, I don't have any ties with Seidio, but I have been happy with their products. I did have a 2400 mAh battery I was using when I had my Treo 650 and used it on my Treo 700p as well. Unfortunately, the 2400 mAh battery after 2 years of heavy use started to show its age and it was perform similarily to my OEM battery so I got the 2600 mAh to replace it and it has been doing slightly better than my 2400 mAh as well in terms of durability throughout the day.

    I would see if you could get another battery.


    I agree. I have the 2400 and it goes 1.5 to 2 days no problem. I had to recharge the OEM before the end of the day.

    I think you got a bad one.
  7.    #7  
    In my experience in the past with extended batteries on other devices I saw the extra life at the beginning e.g. your battery will stay at 90% with little use for most of the day as where with Seidio's battery it depletes the same or worse than the OEM at times with the same applications at hand. I have never tried running the 2600 out. From what I have read on the forums some say you see the extended life at the post end of the battery life i.e. 50% and below. So before I try to send it back for a replacement or be done with Seidio all together with I will try to run it out and see what I got. As I said before, all of my prior extended batteries on other devices showed their extension at the 50-100% range so you knew you were good to go out of the gate as where if this one shows it might show at the end being in reserve. It kind of messes with me because during the day it seems the same as the OEM if this is the case and you will only know the extend of things if you run it down. My problem beyond the above in the last post is wanting to see the extended life on the meter from 50-100%. This thing is already a brick and the added wait from Seidio should at least merit some added battery life as advertised.
    at&t iPhone3G
  8. d1hamby's Avatar
    Posts
    291 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    #8  
    I've been using a 3600mAh battery and talking for 15 hours a day and it will last me the whole day. This is great. No switching batteries everyday.
  9.    #9  
    I am actually starting to see some performance after cycle 6. Off the charger since 4:30 am with a couple of calls and a couple of data sessions being 3:00 pm with 89%...now that is what I am talking about. Maybe I jumped the gun, but I have never had to go thru so much to condition a battery when others have performed out of the box. I am still skeptical but time will tell
    at&t iPhone3G
  10.    #10  
    My 2600mAh Seidio just started draining real fast by the end of each day. I ended up putting my OEM back in and Palm's OEM lasts longer. After using my Seidio, my OEM now seems like the extended battery. In the "Placebo Effect" of going back to my OEM I have actually found my OEM enough to do the job and it lasted 2.5 days while I was in the hospital with moderate use via email and over two hours phone use. My waisted time in the hospital and giving Seidio's battery a chance for a couple of weeks has put me past my 30 days with T/C to get a refund, exchange or credit. I do believe others may have had good experiences with this battery but I was not one. I am done with Seidio for good. Maybe later I will try another aftermarket company out there.
    Last edited by KStewart; 11/13/2007 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Seidio
    at&t iPhone3G
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    ...I am done with Seidio for good. Maybe later I will try another aftermarket company out there.
    K,

    I'm sorry you ended up with a defective battery, but it does happen. We sell multiple thousands of batteries, but do occassionally receive a bad one.

    We use top quality Japanese cells in our batteries which meet and many times even exceed OEM standards. In fact, our battery quality is now being recognized and sold by Palm directly and major carriers around the country.

    I believe we've already been in contact with you about a replacement. I'm confident you'll be much happier when you receive it.

    As far as conditioning, we don't recommend that you charge and discharge Lithium batteries. They like to be charged and charged often. They also work best above 50% and tend to drop off quicker after that point.

    We recommend that you charge it for 8 hours initially, and you will typically see the battery life increase after 5-6 charges.


    Thanks
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    K,

    I'm sorry you ended up with a defective battery, but it does happen. We sell multiple thousands of batteries, but do occassionally receive a bad one.

    We use top quality Japanese cells in our batteries which meet and many times even exceed OEM standards. In fact, our battery quality is now being recognized and sold by Palm directly and major carriers around the country.

    I believe we've already been in contact with you about a replacement. I'm confident you'll be much happier when you receive it.

    As far as conditioning, we don't recommend that you charge and discharge Lithium batteries. They like to be charged and charged often. They also work best above 50% and tend to drop off quicker after that point.

    We recommend that you charge it for 8 hours initially, and you will typically see the battery life increase after 5-6 charges.


    Thanks
    I appreciate your response. If I could get a replacement from you that would reestablish my faith in Siedio that would be great. I purchased my battery from T/C and they will not help me due to passing my 30 days. I have been in the hospital and I actually gave the battery two more weeks of trial to try to give it a chance in case I was jumping ship to early. I did recieve emails from Seidio but Seidio support was the one who geared me towards taking care of this matter with T/C. If Seidio could help me instead and get me back on track...who should I contact?
    at&t iPhone3G
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    I appreciate your response. If I could get a replacement from you that would reestablish my faith in Siedio that would be great. I purchased my battery from T/C and they will not help me due to passing my 30 days. I have been in the hospital and I actually gave the battery two more weeks of trial to try to give it a chance in case I was jumping ship to early. I did recieve emails from Seidio but Seidio support was the one who geared me towards taking care of this matter with T/C. If Seidio could help me instead and get me back on track...who should I contact?
    I sent you an email a couple of hours ago about sending you out a replacement. Please let me know if you didn't receive it.

    Thanks
  14.    #14  
    Now I am a happy camper. I get up early before work to take the dog out and excercise and take my Treo off the charger at 4:30 A.M. where my Treo's day begins and my replacement battery I got over a couple of weeks ago is performing as expected after conditioning...and I drained it until it was dead to calibrate the battery meter so it would read correctly from which I read somewhere here on the forums, in which after I did so I started to really see the extra life. I don't know if doing the calibration for the meter or conditioning with top off charges or both got me where I am but I tried everything to make sure I would get full performance and I waited a while before I posted to make sure it was concrete. At a 4:30 A.M. start with an hour worth of calls during work, another hour with my friend Jimmy, half hour with my wife while she was out, fifteen emails and five short data sessions on the web, I ended the day today at 10:00 P.M. with 50% battery life after 17.5 hours off the charger.... Seidio has restored my faith.
    Last edited by KStewart; 12/03/2007 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Bad Addition...
    at&t iPhone3G
  15. SMEGGIE's Avatar
    Posts
    416 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #15  
    I liked this battery so much...I bought two of 'em!!

    This is the best battery yet...by a longshot.



    SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

    SMEGGIE


    A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
  16.    #16  
    Its sure is nice being able to just use the heck out of your device without fear of running out of battery to get you thru the day. I have even went a couple of days without charging.
    at&t iPhone3G
  17. SMEGGIE's Avatar
    Posts
    416 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #17  
    Yeah, I was at a point with my other (2400 mah) batteries where after ONE CALL, my battery would be completely depleted...so I am stoked about the long life of these 2600's!! I can talk, hit the web, email and watch movies/TV shows without too much worry these days. And now, with the second battery, I fear nothing battery-related.



    SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

    SMEGGIE


    A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.

Posting Permissions