Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I recently purchased via a monthly subscription, MobiTV. I cancelled my subscription only hours later when even with the help from one of their 'very responsive' tech people couldn't help to make it run. So I tried SprintTV again and...

IT ROCKS HUGELY!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has come a very long way and now that I have EVDO available in my area, it's purely and simply magical. There are tons of shows to choose from and they all run beautifully!!!

If you haven't tried it for a while, I suggest giving it another go. MobiTV just wouldn't run right and the folks at MobiTV are behind the SprintTV iteration anyway.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    Absolutely - SprintTV has a ton of channels, and some very cool (and constantly updated) clips of the Daily Show, Colbert, Craig Ferguson, etc.

I love it!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Is there any way to bypass the check so other carriers can use it too? Thanks

I am getting

Error M01: There is a problem with the server. Please try again later.
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    Is there any way to bypass the check so other carriers can use it too? Thanks

I am getting

Error M01: There is a problem with the server. Please try again later.
    I don't know about other servers; however, that does occasionally happen even on Sprint. I'm assuming that the server is busy and times out, or they're updating their video data.

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Thanks Smeggie, I'll re-visit Sprint TV this weekend (during my daughter's swim meet).
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    Thanks Smeggie, I'll re-visit Sprint TV this weekend (during my daughter's swim meet).
    You betcha.

Make sure you access all of the channels by initially clicking on Sprint TV, then Sprint TV Premier (50). This will give you what I can only refer to as 'voluminous access'.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

slingbox - FTW!
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBBRMADE View Post
    slingbox - FTW!
    or ORB. Both give you live TV from home that works over the 700p. I have both set up on my machine. Slingbox, however charges $30 extra for the palm software. Since I have a pc with a tv tuner in it, Orb is a freebee.
    It is more important to affix the blame, than it is to fix the problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken View Post
    or ORB. Both give you live TV from home that works over the 700p. I have both set up on my machine. Slingbox, however charges $30 extra for the palm software. Since I have a pc with a tv tuner in it, Orb is a freebee.
    Yes, but if you have SprintTV as part of an unlimited data plan, you don't have to buy Slingbox, and if you don't have a pc w/tv tuner, you don't have that additional expense.

The biggest consideration is that Wifey doesn't have to see me make yet another Treo-related purchase. She already calls it my mistress.

I've got a Slingbox and I like it but the EVDO in my area is spotty and at times I get freezes while things catch up. I have never been able to sort out from Sprint's website what they actually offer, in terms of live TV watching and for what price. I still can't tell. I don't want clips, I want live TV, right now, of all major channels.
    While you can't get live tv of all channels, many of the basic cable channels are offered live, such as MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodean, Fox News, Cartoon Network, Discovery, Comedy Time Live, Weather Channel (from a bunch of cities), Disney Channel, NFL Network,
    ABC News Live, and E!

Plus the mobile clips can be handy, for when you just want news headlines or clips from Colbert Report, Daily Show, Letterman, Craig Ferguson, etc.
    Last edited by Bujin; 10/14/2007 at 03:36 PM.

Which package do you all have. The Sprint 50 Premiere or the Live Tv which I think is $9 a month and has live prime time shows. I have the Sprint 50 but am curious about the Live TV for $9 . Cant find what shows are live on that Package.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I'm doing the $9/month deal and there are too many shows to list. It would literally take me way too long to try to tell you what shows are in there. Suffice it to say, there are several...

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Which package do you all have. The Sprint 50 Premiere or the Live Tv which I think is $9 a month and has live prime time shows. I have the Sprint 50 but am curious about the Live TV for $9 . Cant find what shows are live on that Package.
    I have the Sprint 50; I could be wrong, but I thought that LiveTV is actually a repackaged MobiTV. If that's the case, then you can check mobitv.com to find the channel offerings.

[QUOTE=SMEGGIE;1360074]I'm doing the $9/month deal and there are too many shows to list. It would literally take me way too long to try to tell you what shows are in there. Suffice it to say, there are several...

Is that with the $25 Sprint TV Preimer ( so its $25 + $9) or are you just getting the $9 Sprint TV Live ??
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I think way back when, when I first got the 700P, I added the Sprint TV package but who knows now... (see how financially irresponsible I am? )

All I did was invoke SprintTV Live on the device, which brought me to a web page that confirmed that I was doing what I was doing, paid my $9 bones and that was it.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

[QUOTE=SMEGGIE;1360133]I think way back when, when I first got the 700P, I added the Sprint TV package but who knows now... (see how financially irresponsible I am? )

All I did was invoke SprintTV Live on the device, which brought me to a web page that confirmed that I was doing what I was doing, paid my $9 bones and that was it.

Thank you. Sounds like your paying $9 a month on top of the $25 for the Sprint Premier package. Still its a good deal .
    I looked on MobiTV to try and find out what live TV exists on these packages and I still can't tell, other than Fox News at night and some ABC news thing. And apparently lots of clips from cable channels. Is there any live TV of regular networks?
    Here's what's on mobitv.com's site, referring to SprintTV Live:

http://www.mobitv.com/channels/chann...sprint_tv_live

IF thats the lineup , its not worth the $9 a month when I got Slingplayer . I thought it was prime time tv shows such as 24 or Heroes. Only prime time show is Friday Night Lights and the other shows are 2 minute recaps. Most of the other channels ( fox live , nfl network etc) are included in the regular sprint TV.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast