Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just got mine and I love it. They told me all the sprint stores have it in . You just have to convince them to take it out. I went to my local store in NJ and asked if they had it and they said yes but not sure if they can sell it now. I told the manager I was ready to buy and he said OK and got one out of the back. I have been using it for about an hour and I have to say it is so different look and feel wise from my 700P. Its smaller and lighter ( I dont feel like I have a brick in my pants pocket anymore) and a brigher screen ( I was told that since the screen is slightly smaller the pixels look better) . Stores have it ,you just have to convince them to take it out of the back. If your going to pay for it they will sell it to you.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Thanks. Did you just sign up with Sprint, upgrade, or purchase at retail? I'm not eligible for an upgrade so I'm wondering if they would be as "gracious" to me as they were to you....

Thanks for the info!!!
  3.    #3  
    I got the $150 off for being having my phone for 2 years. all I could get. so I paid $250 and then I will sell my 700P for the difference and basically no cost in the end. I have to add they only had Black, they didnt know when the red would ship and it might be a few weeks for the red. Mayeb the black comes out first.
    I'm glad you are happy with your Centro. Seems to be getting a lot of good reviews on the hardware side. $250 seems steep to me though since they've been pushing the $99 price (I understand that's for new customers). If I pick one up for my wife, I'm hoping I can convince "retentions" to get it to me for $99.
  5.    #5  
    If I waited for retentions I think I could have gotten it for less but I called sprint and they said it would be a week or two until they had it on there website and telesales (Which is why I went to the store) I figured since I was going to get it free in the end when I sell my 700P just buy it now.

I got my 700P from Retentions for $200 ( list was $599) and then sold my 600P for $200 and got it free.
    I also just picked up one. I'm not sure why; after having been underwhelmed with the 755p, then dumping it for the Q, I'm back to give the Centro a try. My 1st impression: it's tiny. Still a little on the thick side, but it sure looks and feels tiny.

fyi, the Sprint store in Catonsville, MD (21228) is selling them -- black only in stock right now.
    Gave mine a call - the guy who answered seemed clueless and said there wouldn't be any in stock for some time. I'll go by when I get off work, they should have some.
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

Quick, somebody try the DUN hack now.
  9.    #9  
    Ok so its just the Black that is for sale right now. Guess if my store was right the red will be in , in a few weeks.

Hey anyone else who has it , does the camera look nicer. I took a photo and it looked great comapred to my 700P. I know its the same camera as the 755p but it looks alot better . Then again I always thought there was something wrong with my 700P camera and never used it as a camera . anyways so far its like having a smaller , lighter 700P.
    My store has it (black only), we're selling it, pics look good, sligplayer works freakin awesome, way better than on my 700 and the embedded Kinoma streams just about anything. I'll be getting one of these to hold me over for year....
    What should I say in order to check? Should I just ask them if they received shipments early, or if they just got it in?
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

12.    #12  
    I just asked if they had the Palm centro. They said yes but were not sure if its for sale. I said I am buying it if you have it . They said here it is. No store is going to pass up a sale of a $300 phone.

Slingplayer and videos look great on this screen.
    I went in and asked - she told me they received the display unit, but expect to have Centros on Sunday. She told me it wasn't that great, and it doesn't compare to the 755p. I kinda wanted to argue, but she f'in remembered me from earlier in the week asking if they thought they'd get some in on Sunday.

Oh well, I tried I'm in Houston.

I'd assume they have more than one store in Houston..lol Or find a different person to talk with.
    I'm not going to drive around to Sprint stores ... honestly, I can wait until Sunday - I live inside loop610 and there's a crapload of traffic around me.

Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I'd assume they have more than one store in Houston..lol Or find a different person to talk with.
    You would think so, I live in Iowa and my sprint store had some and sold it to me today. I LOVE IT.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Cool..another Iowan. I just bought one today also.
    Guess I'll do some more shopping around tomorrow then.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Well I called the store near me and they had the black one. I am the happy owner of one Black Centro. I like the device very much so far. It does not seem as solid as the 755p to me though. First Treo I've every purchased that didn't come with a headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest007 View Post
    Well I called the store near me and they had the black one. I am the happy owner of one Black Centro. I like the device very much so far. It does not seem as solid as the 755p to me though. First Treo I've every purchased that didn't come with a headset.
    Does it come with a plug for a headset?
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast