Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Does it come with a plug for a headset?
    Yes it has a plug just not an actual headset but I have like 5 of them laying around no big deal to me. Oooh I will have to disagree as far as how it feels. I think it feels very stirdy way stronger then the 755p in my opinion. I just couldn't be happier with it.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Nope...
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I called my local store and they said they had some and would not sell me one. Crazy Sprint store people.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Yes it has a plug just not an actual headset but I have like 5 of them laying around no big deal to me. Oooh I will have to disagree as far as how it feels. I think it feels very stirdy way stronger then the 755p in my opinion. I just couldn't be happier with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest007 View Post
    Nope...
    Thanks for the answers, but I just have to ask. Which one of you really has one?
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Thanks for the answers, but I just have to ask. Which one of you really has one?
    Hey I'm not here to convince anyone I'm happy using mine weather you want to believe it or not, and as long as you're talking about the actual headphone jack on the phone this phone has it. Otherwise I misunderstood what you meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Hey I'm not here to convince anyone I'm happy using mine weather you want to believe it or not, and as long as you're talking about the actual headphone jack on the phone this phone has it. Otherwise I misunderstood what you meant.
    I was posting because it was so funny that someone said yes, and immediately someone says no. I figured that someone just messed up, not really didn't have a phone. There are some real bullies on these boards that are worth smartin off too, but I'm not one of them. Just wanting your phone bad but was thinking it might only have bluetooth instead of wired on the headset. Keep answering, and thanks.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I was posting because it was so funny that someone said yes, and immediately someone says no. I figured that someone just messed up, not really didn't have a phone. There are some real bullies on these boards that are worth smartin off too, but I'm not one of them. Just wanting your phone bad but was thinking it might only have bluetooth instead of wired on the headset. Keep answering, and thanks.
    Let me assure you it has a headphone jack, I just used my treos 755p headset that came with it with this phone. It works just the same. Oooh and be patient, you'll get yours too sometimes I guess some people get lucky and this time it was me, and sunday is just a few days away and you won't be disapointed.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest007 View Post
    Nope...
    Sorry I misunderstood the question I was thinking about the adapter that was included with some of the previous models. Yes as the other poster confirmed there is a place on the phone to plug in a headset. Sorry my bad....

I've never seen a phone without this
    Well, palm is focusing on the kids...you know, the mp3 listening ones. They figured..why bother putting a headset in with it. These kids have one ya know..lol

But really, if this is their focus, then include a memory card and handset palm. Remember the rule..make it simple.

For example...Archos 605 wifi is a great device. But they're getting slammed in every review by making people buy the browser for it...for those who want to browse on wifi. Incidentally, i'd like to see Palm get opera to make a browser for them and not this opera mini junk dependant on java that is like a decade old now.

Maybe the 99 dollar price point was more important.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    There is a 100.00 rebate for the Centro, which the OP should be able to send in for. If you have had your current phone for 22 months, which I would imagine the OP has if he qualified for the 150.00 off.

The rebate can be found here. (PDF)
    Last edited by Tel0004; 10/12/2007 at 02:27 PM.
  11. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I went on a drive around town and called every store here in STL. There were several stores who didn't even know what it was!

Accdg to Telesales and 3 Stores I went to today--which showed me a letter stating this:
    The new Palm Centro is not to be sold prior to 10-15-07. Any Sprint Employee who sells it prior to that date will be terminated immediately, their management and store sanctioned and both the store and all employees violating this order will be fined up to $5,000 per incident for breaking FTC Mandates on availablity of this phone.

None of the stores I went to had it in any color other than black anyway, and one Manager at the 2nd store said he heard from whoever they order supply from that the red will not be out for a few more weeks because
    they are hoping to get enough people who want the phone regardless of color to be unable to return it for the red one when the red comes out, just like they did with the 755P. That way they are out of the window and are stuck and if they want it they'll pay full price for the other color.
    Im stalking the website hoping on Sunday the 14th that itll be up in red.
    I called a couple stores and they said it won't be available till Monday. I'll go in and give em **** on Sunday, as I was told several times in store that I can pick it up Sunday ... Why is it so hard sometimes?
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

13. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Im just hoping it goes on the site Sunday.
    I'd be almost embarassed to whip out a shiny red cellphone at a client's for example. Any thoughts from business users? The black one on the other hand seems more conservative.
  15. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Im a business user and red is my signature so Id be thrilled to!
    Just called my local Sprint store in Buffalo, NY and they have stock on the black Centros. Looks like I'll be making a trip after work. Sweet.
  17. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Will they sell it to you is the question
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    Will they sell it to you is the question
    Unless the guy I talked to on the phone is a moron I don't see why they wouldn't. I clearly asked him if they had the new Palm Centros in for sale. And he said Yes! Asked which colors (black or red) and he put me on hold while he checked for me. We'll see what happens when I stop by the store in 2 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I'd be almost embarassed to whip out a shiny red cellphone at a client's for example. Any thoughts from business users? The black one on the other hand seems more conservative.
    Exactly the same discussion occurred when the 680 appeared. I can't say anything about your clients, all I can say is that virtually everyone at my work did a double-take, with a very jealous ooh and ahhh, when they first spied my crimsom 680.
  20. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Im a sucker for a red phone. Hell Im usually a sucker for red anything. And one of our company standard colors is a nice red, so even better.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast