1.    #1  
    Hi guys, I'm having an issue with my SD card here. It's a 4GB card, my Palm is updated with the FAT32 PRC file, so that's all working smoothly. Or was. I've had some glitches and occasional reformats to it over time, but yesterday it messed up worse. Upon trying to transfer some other MP3s to it (I had about 2GB on it already), the transfer stopped midway and said they could not write due to an "I/O Device error", I think it was. I had to pull the card from the SD reader on my PC. Upon insertion into the phone, it asked if I wanted to reformat the device, but wouldn't allow me to, giving me the error "The device cannot recognize the card". When I go into Card Info on my Palm, the card's name is "P" for some odd reason, and when I try to format it from here, it gives the error "This card is read-only and cannot be formatted". I checked the lock switch on the card to see if this was true and I had bumped it somehow, but it was still in the correct position. My PC cannot read the card when I insert it into the reader, upon selecting Drive E it tells me there is no disk. I tried opening up DOS and formatting it from there, but it tells me the device is busy if I input the format command, and if I try to just access the card, it tells me "This volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are uploaded and that the volume is not corrupted." So I'm at a loss. Does anyone know what happened or possibly how to correct this? I've already tried reuploading the original rom and formatting it as just a 2GB card, but it's still unrecognizable. Thanks for any help guys!!
    Hi, chaosnovaxz. What is the brand name of your SD card? Some brands are not as reliable as Sandisk or Kingston. Do you have another SD card (I'm assuming not)? If possible, try to access your SD card on another PC, or use an adapter from SD to another format that your reader accepts. Additionally, try the opposite: another SD card on your Treo. I' sure that, on way or another, you will find the source of the problem.

Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Alexandre Freire
    -----------------
    Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
  3.    #3  
    It's a SanDisk card. I've also tried the card in another Treo and it has the same issue, so I'm pretty sure it's the card. I'll try your other ideas, and thanks.
    Don't mention it. Just remember to keep us posted about the outcome.

Good luck!
    Regards,
    Alexandre Freire
    -----------------
    Treo 650 Unlocked GSM