1.    #1  
    Those of you who dont know who he is, he is one of the foremost tech reviewers in tech land, probably second only to Walt Mossberg.. has a great following.... AND usually an Apple fan boy like Mossberg...

complete with a video

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/11/te...in&oref=slogin

Reveals a new cool feature for the centro... you can compose email or text on the fly thru voice command... so it transcribes whatever you say over the phone... COOL FEATURE!! check the video out!

Centro is turning out to be the best bang for buck smartphone in the market right now... good news for palm!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Wow! That feature is incredible! That should be #1 on every bit of promotional material that Palm puts out. Really is incredible.

I'm not used to this but... Palm... and INNOVATION... in the same sentence??!?

...or is it purely a Sprint feature?
    It's just addon software you have to buy. It's a trial version on the Centro and not a centro "feature".

http://mobilevoicecontrol.com/supported_devices.aspx

You can add this to other phones as well.

He seems kind of ate up on the price though. That 100 dollar rebate requires a 25 dollar data plan. I don't have one and don't plan to. He makes statements like "tv on your cellphone?" as if to wow you. Slingbox? That's been around. He makes tethering with bluetooth sound like its a new thing.

I guess the point here is many still don't know these things. It's these cool third party things that Palm needs to hammer home to the masses.
    I think he's telling it like it is. He's saying how this phone, and all Palms before it, are still great phones, loaded with great features you can't get on any other phone, and comes with all the great possibilities that Palm OS provides. He said it all when he talked about all the add on programs available and then he said sorry to the iphone folks where that's a sorry subject.

Like I've posted many times before. I believe one of the reasons Palm hasn't changed much, is they were so far advanced to begin with. Great review, thanks for posting it.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    For the average NYT readers who have never gotten a smartphone, the centro may just be their first smartphone, especially for the female crowd. IMHO, of course.
    No frakin way that voice command thingy work that well.

WOW! voice recognition has come a long way. for the audience thay say they are going for, $7 a month is too much.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    It's just addon software you have to buy. It's a trial version on the Centro and not a centro "feature".

http://mobilevoicecontrol.com/supported_devices.aspx

You can add this to other phones as well.

He seems kind of ate up on the price though. That 100 dollar rebate requires a 25 dollar data plan. I don't have one and don't plan to. He makes statements like "tv on your cellphone?" as if to wow you. Slingbox? That's been around. He makes tethering with bluetooth sound like its a new thing.

I guess the point here is many still don't know these things. It's these cool third party things that Palm needs to hammer home to the masses.
    It must be a Sprint thing. Product tour at http://mobilevoicecontrol.com/tour/ is oriented towards Sprint. Pogue also mentioned that the feature is $7 per month.

I bet the voice is transferred to Sprint and the voice recognition is done at the Sprint servers....

Too bad. I have the Cingular Treo :-(
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A