1.    #1  
    Everytime I try to save a file in DTG my 680 reboots.
    I am running ver 8.002 (187).

I ran disk check on my SD card and found no errors. This used to work. Any suggestions?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Is it a specific file, file format (Excel/spread sheet) or all the time?

Ben
    Yup. Its a corrution issue with your saved and unsaved preferences. You can delete those two with a program like Filez or Northglide's Cleanup, but you will have to reinput all the registration numbers and settings to everything on your device.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
  4.    #4  
    I upgraded to a maintenance release (8.003 / 239) and refreshed all the DTG files. Seems happier now.

Not sure why you would think its corruption of the system prefs when the problem is limited to DTG.
    I experienced the problem not tooo long ago - the file itself was corrupt. I took the original one and reinstalled it, made the same changes, it reset. Deleted it, reinstalled the original file, made not the same changes and no reset.

Ben
  6.    #6  
    My problem is back. Every time I open and edit a DOC file my Treo 680 reboots and the opened file is lost. This is very annoying.

Would upgrading to Version 10 help me? $30 seems a little steep for the update.
    Are you saving and exiting through the door or do you go directly to another application after editing? The latter will cause problems.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    Are you saving and exiting through the door or do you go directly to another application after editing? The latter will cause problems.
    It's actually the former that causes the reboot. Hitting a hard button to exit works okay. Hitting the door causes a reboot.
  9.    #9  
    All I have to do is open an existing file in DTG and then tap the exit/door icon and my Treo 680 will reset! Then the file is deleted. I dont even see the screen asking if I want to save the file.

I am going to try these options suggested by DataViz
    http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?docid=13568
  10.    #10  
    Deleting the DTG prefs file fixed the problem.

I wonder what corrupted this file in the first place. It must be a common problem if Dataviz created an application to address the issue.
  11.    #11  
    I am starting to hate DTG. I opened a DOC file, made no edits, exited through the door and my Treo rebooted. Once I got back into DTG the file that I was viewing is gone.

I am running ver 8.003 (239) and suspect a corrupt Prefs file (again). Anyone else have this problem? I seem to get it all the time. Would buying the DTG upgrade to ver 10 help?

I can use the DTG utility delete Preferences, but this is really getting annoying.
    swieder.....

I am using Doc2Go 8.003 (239) on my 700p and have no problems with it. I use it everyday.

For example, I can edit a Word Doc and exit through the door or exit the open doc to the calculator and back to the open doc and exit through the door and save the edit. No problems.

You most likely have a corruption caused by hotsyncing. I would suggest opening Docs 2 Go app and go to the applications manager and move the D2G apps back to the device, and move the D2G apps back to the card.

If that fails to correct the problem, delete all the word doc files on your device and create new files. When I use to hotsync, I would get corruptions in the files periodically. Deleting the files and building new ones would correct the problem.

Just a couple of ideas.....

13.    #13  
    My D2G app has always run from RAM. All of my doc files are on the SD card. Do you think that could be related to my problem?

I have fixed this problem before by reinstalling the docs on my Treo SD card, but it is a pain.

Any other suggestions?