Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Any word on the Centro and Sero? Just checked and there is an ad for it but nothing on the site. Will it show up on the 14th with the release date or until they deceid to sell it on Sero?
  2. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Any word on the Centro and Sero? Just checked and there is an ad for it but nothing on the site. Will it show up on the 14th with the release date or until they deceid to sell it on Sero?
    A week or so back, I spotted a picture of a Centro on the Sero page and another after logging into my account. I can't imagine it wouldn't be available if they are putting pictures up.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    $99...not bad but better if it was free. Attached is a screenshot.

Regular Price $399.99
    Instant Savings -$200
    Mail-in Rebate -$100
    New Price $99

Red Version available on 11/4
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just ordered a black Centro w/Sero Plan online. $199 minus $100 mail in rebate. We'll see how soon it gets here and how many headaches I have w/Customer Disservice ...

I ordered it w/a new number just in case they get it all screwed up and I'll port my existing TMo number when I activate the phone.
    What plan did you get with SERO (Mins/data/monthly cost)?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Cool, I'm swing by a store tomorrow to take a look at one. Then ordering through Sero. Although wife has been hinting about getting a family share plan with 3 lines. Time to do the math
    How long does it take for you to receive the phone? Any idea? I want one, but I need it to be here by 19th.
    I ordered the 1250 min plan for $50/mo.

Unlimited data, txt messages, free weekends & after 7pm.

Hopefully, phone will ship on Mon overnight.
    I hadn't heard of this before, and I'm really interested in this. Currently my wife and I pay around $80 after taxes for a family plan with 800 minutes and no vision plan. I could get two individual SERO plans with 500 minutes each for less than that, and have free vision and text messages on both. Nice.

Would it be near impossible to set up one account as new using this (for my current add-on line) and then downgrade the main account to this? I've been with Sprint for a long time (at least 7 years or more), and not sure I'd want to cancel the main account (for seniority leverage if I ever need it).

At the same time I don't want to take a chance on screwing things up too badly...
    For those unfamiliar w/SERO, check out the topic under CDMA Carriers:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=106778

Another place w/a wealth of info on SERO is on Fatwallet (enjoy all 493 pages of that one):

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...680568&start=0
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Porkozone, good luch getting your current plan switched to a Sero plan. I picked up a 755p some months ago and tried to have it switched within the first 30 days and no go. Tried eCare and 2 weeks of calling in. So I returned the phone and waited for my refund and now I was waiting for the Centro.
    im new to all this....but does the unlimited data mean unlimited internet? if so, then i wouldnt mind the no wifi issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbulent View Post
    im new to all this....but does the unlimited data mean unlimited internet? if so, then i wouldnt mind the no wifi issue.
    Yes. That's why I have never missed wifi on my treo. Plus wifi kills the battery
    what's sweet is that they are offering the rebate with a SERO purchase to make it 99.

30 a month is a great deal for unlimited data, 500 min, unlimited txt, free nights & weekends, sprint to sprint free calling (huge because many we know have sprint) and can even add in unlimited calling to home line for 5 a month. Plus it tethers a laptop in a pinch.

Even if you have an iphone, paying 30 a month for the centro's features isn't a bad deal if you need it.

I'll wait til 11/4. Wife wants it red..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Porkozone, good luch getting your current plan switched to a Sero plan. I picked up a 755p some months ago and tried to have it switched within the first 30 days and no go. Tried eCare and 2 weeks of calling in. So I returned the phone and waited for my refund and now I was waiting for the Centro.
    I called a few weeks ago: one call, 5 mins and was switched to a SERO account from a in-contract account with 18 months left. Even had my 16% corp discount applied. Upon clarification with eCare, they noticed that I was also eligible for free SMS, which they forgot to add. No ETF, no number porting.

So, it is worth a shot and I think it's easier to switch now (some SERO requirements changed at the end of Sept).

But, you probably won't be able to switch an in-contract account *and* get the Centro for $99, but I think it is more valuable in the long run to lock in SERO and pay full price for a Centro anyways.

In fact, I'd call Sprint and tell them that: you'd like to renew for 2 years, switch to Sero (name the exact plan and details, saying your friend works for Sprint) and you'll buy the Centro full price--they just might go for that.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    The other option I wondering if would be easier is to sign up for two new SERO accounts, and then just port the numbers over and canceling the old account...I see potential for all sorts of screw-ups with trying to split and downgrade a family plan into two plans. I wonder if after signing up for the new plan, I could call and get them to tie my old account history to one of the new plan?
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Malatesta, you got lucky. I tried for almost a full month and couldn't get anywhere. eMailed eCare 3x and called 5-6 times to different numbers and still nothing. Congrats.
    Im gonna try the 2 seperate sero lines. Im on a family plan. 1 line expires this month on the 29th. Second line expires Dec. 29.

I noticed there free texting promo up until Dec 31 07. My only struggle will be getting a early renewal on the second line..
    I went in store today and got a centro with a (new) sero plan.
    [=
    Quote Originally Posted by herofromsomeday View Post
    I went in store today and got a centro with a (new) sero plan.
    [=
    did you give them an email address? or did they just hook you up? some reps are weird about hooking people up.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast