Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I'm still waiting for my Centro to be shipped that I ordered on Sunday. It's Thursday now, I called them, and they tell me I should be getting the tracking# in the next day.... which is what they told me two days ago. I haven't even been a Sprint customer for a week let and I already hate their customer service.
    Quote Originally Posted by infiniti029 View Post
    With the SERO plan, how can I connect my phone to my laptop to give it internet aka tethering?
    google "PalmOS DUN hack".
    Do it by phone first, the plans seem screwed up.
    Anyone else having trouble getting a Centro ordered via the Sero site? It keeps rejecting my credit card. I've tried two different cards: same result.
    I've not even got that far...are you sure it's denying it? Is it saying that?

I've tried three times, and it pulls up an error saying my order can't be completed at this time due to technical difficulties, and once it just stalled during the progress bar.

I think their site is screwed.
    Quote Originally Posted by porkozone View Post
    I've not even got that far...are you sure it's denying it? Is it saying that?

I've tried three times, and it pulls up an error saying my order can't be completed at this time due to technical difficulties, and once it just stalled during the progress bar.

I think their site is screwed.
    Yep, it said "your card is not approved." A few days ago, I couldn't even get that far, as it kept forcing me to sign up for two lines. Definitely one messed-up site.
    I ordered from SERO on Sunday and got mine wednesday. I think the Centro is the best deal on a phone to take full advantage of all the SERO account's features.

Keep in mind that the SERO department of sprint is different than the normal sprint website... They don't have nearly the staff and sometimes struggle to keep up with orders when new phones come out. There were plenty of order delays when the Mogul came out. I haven't seen many people having problems getting their Centros delivered in a decent amount of time though.
    Folks with credit card denials ordering through the SERO site: call your credit card issuer. I had my Amex rejected and when I called Amex they said they'd rejected the charges as potentially fraudulent because they were statistically unlike my usual spending habits with that card. They cleared that block and I was able to order successfully.

I imagine that mobile phones are a fraud-prone category of merchandise.
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    Folks with credit card denials ordering through the SERO site: call your credit card issuer. I had my Amex rejected and when I called Amex they said they'd rejected the charges as potentially fraudulent because they were statistically unlike my usual spending habits with that card. They cleared that block and I was able to order successfully.

I imagine that mobile phones are a fraud-prone category of merchandise.
    That did the trick! Thanks for the suggestion.
    My Visa payment went through fine since I was billed. Ordered on 10/15, still waiting for a tracking # from Sprint, and all theyre able to tell me is that it's "In Progress" and should arrive soon... Somehow I doubt that...
    Does Sprint do free roaming on the SERO plans?
    Quote Originally Posted by infiniti029 View Post
    My Visa payment went through fine since I was billed. Ordered on 10/15, still waiting for a tracking # from Sprint, and all theyre able to tell me is that it's "In Progress" and should arrive soon... Somehow I doubt that...
    Mine took 2 days to ship, and when it did arrive I couldn't make any calls with it as my number hadn't ported. OK, call sprint and my number is ported - within moments my AT&T phone stopped working but the new Centro never started being able to place and receive calls/sms. The sprint website wouldn't do anything but let me send activation text messages to my phone after trying to add it to my online account. Oddly, the one thing that worked was the data service on the phone - with that I was able to see that I had been given the "Basic 200" plan, not the SERO plan I ordered. Yay.

It took 6 calls and about 6 hours on the phone with Sprint to get the plan sorted out. The secret: I was polite throughout but expressed my disappointment at the apparent inability of Sprint to deliver what I ordered. This landed me, finally, with retentions (I assume - their first question was "I understand we're at risk of losing your business today?") who were actually ace and knew exactly how to get me sorted.

I'm very happy with my Centro now (but will be buying an extended battery at the first opportunity.)

The best part: my order - even though I have had my phone for almost a week - is still shown as "pending" on my account page. When I check order status, I see my tracking number and "Your order is in progress." Of course I can't do anything useful like check or pay my bill online as a result. I'll just wait for the paper bill to show up, I guess.

After all that hassle, I just realized I may need to jump to the SERO 1250 plan. Not looking forward to the inevitable screwups that will litter the path to that change. There's really no such thing as a free lunch - I've spent my first year's worth of SERO savings in lost hours on the phone with Sprint's useless front-line call center.
    Quote Originally Posted by quick death View Post
    Does Sprint do free roaming on the SERO plans?
    Yes.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I ordered my centro the first day it was on sero went through the system with no problem ordered on sunday received it on tuesday then the fun started. centro was not activated called customer care got it activated next day it is shut off for non payment remind you its a new account call customer care give me run a round talk to supervisor tell me it will activate in 24 hours never happened. turns out they shipped phone and never charged me for it. took 4 days to square it away.
    Fred
    I guess I'm luckier than some of you. Here's my experience:

I've been a Sprint customer since 2000, always carrying a family plan for me and my wife. We've been out of contract for months, and I'd been looking to switch to a SERO plan and buying two Treo 755p's to replace our aging Treo 600's. Once the Centro was announced we both decided to get them instead. Our plan was to get the new phones with the SERO plan, then cancel the old phone account. We had no particular loyalty for our old phone numbers. Furthermore, I had no concerns with dropping my 7 year old account - in the cell phone business, seven years of customer loyalty plus a dollar will get you ten minutes worth of airtime.

I ordered on Sunday as soon as the Centros were available on the SERO website. I entered all of the information, got to the last page where the credit card had to be confirmed and the credit check performed, then had the web site tell me there was a problem with my order and I needed to call Sprint.

Hmm ... I tried again using Firefox, just in case the Sprint site didn't like Safari. Same message. Then it occurred me that I already had an account with Sprint, and that Sprint might have problems with me opening a second account for the SERO phones. I tried again, only this time I entered my wife's name and information instead of my own, so the account would be created under her name. Voila! The order went through.

The phones arrived Tuesday, already provisioned with the new phone numbers on the boxes. We just charged them up and they worked right out of the box.

So far, we love our Centros. Very stable once we figured out that Graffiti Anywhere isn't compatible with the phone. The only other reset I've suffered since then happened the first time I ran TCPMP. After that, no problems.

A few things worth pointing out:

(1) USB Modem works fine. I set up a Bluetooth connection (I had to use the "Suppress the Built-in DUN" option) and it works beautifully with my Macbook. I know some folks have mentioned problems with PdaNet, but USB Modem does not seem to have any major issues.

(2) You only get very minimal Sprint TV and Sprint Radio options under SERO - just enough to try to convince you to pay for additional channels. Since you can stream Shoutcast radio stations all day long for free, and we have little interest in the sort of programming offered by Sprint TV, it was no sacrifice for us.

(3) My wife and I debated buying the Sprint Navigation option under SERO. We decided against it, and a good thing too. Despite what Sprint says, apparently you can't use Sprint Navigation without third party hardware and software. Certainly there's no navigation software anywhere on the Centro. I have no idea why they're offering this option for the phone.

(4) Centro's Bluetooth syncs up to the built-in hands-free set in our Toyota Prius perfectly. My wife has already decided she loves the Centro just for this feature alone. It's great just to press the button on the steering wheel and answer a phone call over the car audio system. We haven't tried any Bluetooth headsets yet, and I doubt we we will anytime soon. They're just not worth the hassle to us.
    Last edited by timholman; 10/23/2007 at 03:39 PM.
    Well, after some initial ordering grief, I placed my order on Monday... and just received it today (two days later)! Not too shabby. Now it's just a matter of waiting until my number gets ported over -- who knows how long that'll take.

Now for some accessories! Anyone found a killer belt-clip case?
    Ordered mine very late Monday night. Received today. It came with phone number (not the area i chose but my home address area) and activated. I hope it's not a hassle to change the number.

Works fine. And wow..is it loud. CNET is full of crap. No volumecare pro needed here. This is outstanding.

Everything on the web account looks good when i checked it. SERO 500min, etc.

Only thing i did notice was my bank account (using the debit card) has two different charges pending..199.00 (which popped up as soon as i ordered) and the actual one (which popped on it this morning). Hopefully that's straightened out when it actually hits the account..but does affect the amount available.
    ordered yesterday and the order is on hold. I called them and they said it is back ordered but should only be 1-2 days. They think it will arrive early next week. The first time I called the lady could not find my order number (she initially asked for my account number and was confused as to why I did not have one)... then she hung up on me accidentally .. I hope

The second lady still took a while then finally told me it was on backorder. They did not seem to be that smart in the office... who knows. It was a very weak performance :P

I used URANG to get a $50 credit online as well. $30 plan. We shall see.
    Quote Originally Posted by CasopoliS View Post
    ordered yesterday and the order is on hold. I called them and they said it is back ordered but should only be 1-2 days. They think it will arrive early next week. The first time I called the lady could not find my order number (she initially asked for my account number and was confused as to why I did not have one)... then she hung up on me accidentally .. I hope

The second lady still took a while then finally told me it was on backorder. They did not seem to be that smart in the office... who knows. It was a very weak performance :P

I used URANG to get a $50 credit online as well. $30 plan. We shall see.
    Did you order a red one? If so mine is also on backorder.
    diane
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    Did you order a red one? If so mine is also on backorder.
    black. I did not even know red was an option... I did not see anywhere that I could choose. I want black anyway. My wife wanted to order the red.... but thought she had to wait until after 11/4. You can order it now?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast