Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Can a Sero plan be cancelled or is it a two year agreement?
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden View Post
    Can a Sero plan be cancelled or is it a two year agreement?
    it's a 2 year contract.
    This past June when one of the phones under my wife's name came out of contract I signed up for a Sero plan under a my name. After receiving the phone (with number), I was able to port the wife's number over with no problem. It took a single call to tech support. I was fortunate to get routed to "Advanced Technical Support" right away. The guy cancelled the number from the previous account, reserved it when it went into the number pool, then reassigned it to the new phone.

It doesn't work this way anymore, looks like Sprint has updated their internal systems.

This past month I got a another Sero plan under my name. However when I went to port the number the nightmare began.

Some quotes from Sprint CSRs:
    "Can't port the number from a standard plan to a Sero plan."
    "You need a transfer of liability to go from one account (wife's) to another (mine)."
    "FCC guidelines do not support transfering a number from a standard Sprint account to a Sero."

I was insistent based upon the success of porting my wife's number; they tried several methods, and lost the number; that's right, they LOST the number. Actually, as it was originally a Cingular number it went back to Cingular.

Thanks to one of those wonderful "Advanced Technical Support" individuals, a guy named Ivan, I was able to get the number back, and assigned to a Sero number on my wife's account. Ivan easily spent 6+ hours with me, 4 on the phone and 2+ on his own; mostly because it was the weekend and offices were closed.

Is it worth it? Yes. Unlimited data, text, and plenty of minutes.

Trying to port, stick with one account. In Sprint terms a phone+plan is not an account. An account can have multiple plans/phones. Working between two accounts adds a layer of complexity that may prevent porting.

Advanced Technical Support These guys appear to be level 3 support and are who you want attempting your port. Let the underlings attempt to help you, when they fail be persistent on getting help. Eventually you will get there. If you get a CSR that is unable to deviate from the script or is unwilling to admit they can't help (to pass you on to the next guy), have a "disconnect" and call back.

Porting Department These guys were clueless.

Bottom line, internal number porting is NOT something Sprint wants to do, they have support scripts in place to prevent this, and the systems the lower level CSRs use cannot get this done. It is possible, but takes a lot of effort and you have to get high enough in the tech support tree before anyone has the level of system access needed to succeed.

It might be easier to port your number to another carrier then back to a Sero plan.
    Forgive me for not wanting to wade through the 500 SERO pages on Fatwallet but is the unlimited data on SERO that of the Unlimited Vision Pack or is it just data? Will I be able to watch TV and listen to music and do all those nifty things??
    I placed my SERO web order on Sunday afternoon, the order status is still showing "In Progress."
    How is your order status?
    Quote Originally Posted by icesalmon View Post
    I placed my SERO web order on Sunday afternoon, the order status is still showing "In Progress."
    I placed my order on Saturday night (12am Sunday) and it was shipped today (next day UPS service) -- scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

I too am curious about the Data Service -- hope it's the Vision plan ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Correct me if i wrong, but with SERO, you don't worry about data plans. They're included. Since they are, there is no way to switch to a 15 dollar data plan

My feeling though is that it's a given that SERO is included with this rebate or they wouldn't offer it on the site.

Even if it wasn't, SERO is still far the best deal for a single line as long as they continue to let us have them.
    You are right, my bad. But look at it another way, don't ask for the rebate, pretend you're getting high speed for less than $5 per month.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    SERO is eligible for the $100 rebate. It is on the rebate form. Someone on the previous message also mentioned that.
    I ordered Sunday evening, so i'm in the same boat as you. I really hope it comes tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeZ View Post
    Forgive me for not wanting to wade through the 500 SERO pages on Fatwallet but is the unlimited data on SERO that of the Unlimited Vision Pack or is it just data? Will I be able to watch TV and listen to music and do all those nifty things??
    It is unlimited data.... to do anything involving data on your phone. (Bowsing, TV, etc.) Tethering is NOT included, though.
    Tethering isn't included..but c'mon..you know you do it.

Anyways, don't question it, just get it if you can. Easiest way is not to call. Just order it from the SERO website. My gosh, why would you call (and talk to sprint CS when you can do it online? That's madness. And yes, a new line is easiest. Second easiest is to port to another carrier (like say AT&T), then port it back ASAP.
    So if I were to try to port to another carrier, and then back - what would be the easiest and cheapest way to do so? And, once I get the number to another carrier, would I set up the SERO plan first with a random number, then have them port it later, or have it port at the same time I set up the new SERO line?

Would getting something like a pay-as-you-go phone work as a cheap and easy solution to this, or sign up with someone and then cancelling (I assume other carriers have a 30-day cancellation policy too?)
    I ordered at 7:30am on Sunday (I have kids) and it shipped out yesterday. UPS site says "Out for Delivery". I love when it says that! Too bad I'm at work until like 7pm... Plus, I have to watch Transformers tonight, geeks never have enough time.
    Can you get SERO account activation/pricing if you don't buy the phone through the SERO site? Palm has a free ($29.95 value) car charger with the purchase of a Centro when you buy direct and they list the Sprint rebate as part of the ad. It's a must-have accessory for me and "free" is a good price <g>.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leef View Post
    Can you get SERO account activation/pricing if you don't buy the phone through the SERO site? Palm has a free ($29.95 value) car charger with the purchase of a Centro when you buy direct and they list the Sprint rebate as part of the ad. It's a must-have accessory for me and "free" is a good price <g>.
    You would have to weigh that free car charger vs the benefits of SERO. I would say go with the SERO site for sign up and then go buy a car charger from TC, even generic, its not that much.
    I went into Sprint Store yesterday and bought a Centro, $432.99, ouch! I had asked repeatedly is I was eligible for any rebates/discounts. I upgraded in Feb to a 700 only to have it stolen form my car a month ago. First off is there anyway I should be able to get a discount?
    Second, I am curious about this SERO plan. My current plan with my wife is:
    Sprint Power Pack FAMILY 3000

Line 1 $149.99 Minimum Monthly Charge
    Line 2 Free
    Lines 3-5 $9.99 Each
    Expanded Voice Coverage
    Minutes Are Shared On This Plan
    3000 Included Anytime Minutes
    Nationwide Long Distance Included
    Unlimited Night & Weekend Mins. Included
    Nights: M-Th 7PM-7AM Wknd: F 7PM-M 7AM
    Unlimited Sprint Mobile to Mobile
    Caller ID, Call Waiting
    Three-way Calling
    Voicemail
    Additional Anytime Minutes $.25 Per Min

Total bill is usually $280 per month after my $15 vision pack and her $50 Blackberry service.

I have been with Sprint for over 8 year and trying to figure out if there is anything I can do to save some money or get money back from teh CENTRO. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks.,
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeZ View Post
    You would have to weigh that free car charger vs the benefits of SERO. I would say go with the SERO site for sign up and then go buy a car charger from TC, even generic, its not that much.

I'd agree - I'd be willing to pay for my sprinkles, if I was getting to have my cake and eat it too - which is what SERO sounds like...
    When I go to the SERO site and try to set it up with a Centro, it appears it is setting me up with the Vision plan, not the Power Vision plan...if I choose the Centro first the only plans are the regular plans, not the power vision options, and if I choose thplan first, and select power vision, the only phone that comes up as available under those plans is a Blackberry.

I believe I've read other reports of people getting set up (not necessarily with SERO) under the Vision instead of Power Vision, as if their systems think the Centro is not a power vision phone.

Anyone have any insight on this? Once I sign up, how would I know if I had Power Vision or Vision?
    Quote Originally Posted by cwf42 View Post
    I went into Sprint Store yesterday and bought a Centro, $432.99, ouch! I had asked repeatedly is I was eligible for any rebates/discounts. I upgraded in Feb to a 700 only to have it stolen form my car a month ago. First off is there anyway I should be able to get a discount?
    Second, I am curious about this SERO plan. My current plan with my wife is:
    Sprint Power Pack FAMILY 3000

Line 1 $149.99 Minimum Monthly Charge
    Line 2 Free
    Lines 3-5 $9.99 Each

Total bill is usually $280 per month after my $15 vision pack and her $50 Blackberry service.

I have been with Sprint for over 8 year and trying to figure out if there is anything I can do to save some money or get money back from teh CENTRO.
    I gather your contract renewed in Feb... so that will be hard to get much, and further, that you already went and bought the Centro makes it even harder to get something back. Had you not bought the Centro, I would have suggested that you call CS and make a case that you're a valued customer (which you are), and you had your 700 stolen (but what have you been using this past month ?). They would almost certainly give you a break... maybe $100-150 toward that new Centro. Now, I dunno... you can still try calling and plead your case for a credit. It's possible...

I take it you didn't have TEP... obviously you should have...

As far as your plan... again, its more difficult since you are still in a contract... Rule of thumb: Never renew your contract until you have gotten all your ducks in a row and figured out how best to maximize that once in a 2 year opportunity to negotiate your best possible position.

You could consider getting 5! SERO accounts for $30. It would be difficult to get now, mid-contract, but not impossible. You haven't laid out your usage pattern enough to make more recs. Do you need all 3000 mins ? Maybe a SERO for you $30, plus the BB, then the rest of the 4 lines on a $90 shared plan (1400mins), you'd probably save at least $50. Plus a 10% loyalty discount.

Need more info to be more specific...
    Quote Originally Posted by porkozone View Post
    So if I were to try to port to another carrier, and then back - what would be the easiest and cheapest way to do so? And, once I get the number to another carrier, would I set up the SERO plan first with a random number, then have them port it later, or have it port at the same time I set up the new SERO line?

Would getting something like a pay-as-you-go phone work as a cheap and easy solution to this, or sign up with someone and then cancelling (I assume other carriers have a 30-day cancellation policy too?)
    I am planning to exactly that. T-Mobile has a flexpay program that you don't need to sign 1-2 year agreement for. I need to make sure I can port in and port out of the T-Mo flexpay plan first.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast