Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I've been using VersaMail (3.5.2) on my 680 with 6 different email accounts from various ISPs--all POP. I only download headers, and pull down the body of the email on a selective basis.

Everything has been working fine, except now with one particular account when I empty the trash, it no longer deletes the the email off the server. I have it set to do so in the preferences, and I choose to delete emails off the server and to update the server when queried. It's been working fine and removing emails from the server until last week, but now they remain there. Anyone seen this? Possibly my ISP has changed something, but email access from my PC isn't any different...

One other data point--this particular VersaMail email account takes much longer to empty the trash than my other accounts, even when I choose not to delete them off the server. It takes 4 minutes to remove 70 email headers for example. With my other accounts, it takes a minute or so. Weird.
    I am having this exact same issue on my 700p. I haven't had an opportunity to call sprint yet...I went into the mail app via the Web browser and noticed ALL the mail that I had deleted via VersaMail--still in my Inbox. This used to work for me about a month ago...
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Ah, thanks much! I deleted the account that was not operating right, re-created it, and now it works fine. Very strange. I also noted that preference settings in VersaMail *seem* to change on their own, at least I don't believe I ever set "Auto empty mail from Trash" on any of my accounts, but now it's checked for 4 of the 6 accounts. More weirdness. Thanks for the link.