Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    What is the speed of our connection to the internet?
  2. #2  
    I think you need to be a bit more specific. Now taking the obvious route my usbmodem speed from my treo being connected to my laptop is around 400kb/s download and about 120kb/s up.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    What is the speed of our connection to the internet?
    You can check it yourself:
    http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  4. #4  
    I find mspeed to be very inaccurate. But its really the only site to test through the actual phone.
  5.    #5  
    So when using PdaNet on my laptop, and clicking on streaming video, I should try a link about 400 kbsp

    So at America Free TV http://www.americafree.tv/index.shtml 500 is probably too fast and I should go with the 250, right?

    Sorry, not trying to be stupid :-0
  6. wilsonb's Avatar
    Posts
    434 Posts
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    #6  
    Here's one..

    I don't think it will work since it uses flash.

    http:\\www.speakeasy.com\speedtest
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
  7. #7  
    I would probably go with the 250 unless you want it to buffer every 5 seconds. It also depends on your area.. when I was in new jersey a couple months back I was able to get like 600kb/s .. idealy you can get all the way up to 2 megs but I think to hit that you would have to be the only one on evdo.
  8. #8  
    I usually get 600-800 download (when test with speakeasy.com). 1000 on a good day. That's plugged into my MacBook running speakeasy with safari or firefox.

    Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
  9. #9  
    mspeed said it could not test using blazer.
    Matty
  10. #10  
    I check my speed all the time at the link Bill gave http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed?jisok=1

    It can vary- from a low of around 67 kbit/sec to 202 kbit/sec. Usually I am around 120-180 kbit/sec.
  11. svshawn's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #11  
    Has anyone tried www.2wire.com?
  12. ~Q~
    ~Q~ is offline
    ~Q~'s Avatar
    Posts
    369 Posts
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    What is the speed of our connection to the internet?
    It varies widely depending on where you are located in the network. In my experience, I typically can count on consumer level DSL speeds. However, sometimes I do get faster. I do notice that the download speeds are not consistent, but tend to surge (i.e., fast then slow then fast, etc). I suspect that this may be a tactic of the carrier to conserve bandwidth while making the connection appear faster than it is. Most online speed tests last less than a minute, so it wouldn't be that difficult for the carriers to install bandwidth throttles to produce good test results then back off on the speed after that.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

    The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
  13.    #13  
    This has been a big help! Thanks :-)
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    Here's one..

    I don't think it will work since it uses flash.

    http:\\www.speakeasy.com\speedtest
    I think you meant:

    http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  15. #15  
    I have tried all of the sites listed in this thread, but I find that the following website works best when testing your speed through your treo.
    www.testmy.net
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Q~ View Post
    It varies widely depending on where you are located in the network. In my experience, I typically can count on consumer level DSL speeds. However, sometimes I do get faster. I do notice that the download speeds are not consistent, but tend to surge (i.e., fast then slow then fast, etc). I suspect that this may be a tactic of the carrier to conserve bandwidth while making the connection appear faster than it is. Most online speed tests last less than a minute, so it wouldn't be that difficult for the carriers to install bandwidth throttles to produce good test results then back off on the speed after that.

    wow consumer dsl in my area is an average of 5 meg download and one meg upload.. man I wish I could get that thru this phone ..

    wow that www.testmy.net said I was downloading at 1.9Mb/s lol .. that is soooo off. I wish it was that fast but in my area I only get if im lucky about 400kb/s...
    Last edited by syphex; 10/11/2007 at 03:28 PM.

Posting Permissions