Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by apadia View Post
    I am thinking of upgrading from my 650 to a red centro. I had quite a bit of trouble in the early days of the 650 (syncing primarily) and am wondering if this will be easier.

Oh, and is there earbud capability? (not blue tooth) That keeps crapping out on my 650, too...

thank you!
    Alyssa
    Yes -- it has a plug for wired headsets. I'm using my Shure SE530's for listening to music on Pocket Tunes -- very nice.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Does the Centro come with a wired stereo headset? I am getting conflicting reports from all over (including Sprint )...
    What version of the Palm Desktop?
    AC and/or car charger?
    Thanks for all of the info!
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by apadia View Post
    I am thinking of upgrading from my 650 to a red centro. I had quite a bit of trouble in the early days of the 650 (syncing primarily) and am wondering if this will be easier.

Oh, and is there earbud capability? (not blue tooth) That keeps crapping out on my 650, too...

thank you!
    Alyssa

Syncing will, sadly, be about the same. Syncing on Treos has always been horrible - be it PalmOS or WinMo.

There is a 2.5 mm headset jack - but you'll need an adapter, just like with the 650. Only time will tell if the solder points on the Centro are any better than on the 650, where they broke all the time.
    Will the Centro be compatible with the Sling Media Slingbox?

I'm trying to decide if I should just get the LG Rumor (my 650's resets are driving me crazy), but if the Centro can work with the Slingbox, I'd be interested.
  5. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I have read that it does work with Slingbox
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    I have read that it does work with Slingbox
    I also have read somewhere in these many Centro threads that it works with Slingbox. Perhaps you should do a search and you'll be able to read the post.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Just received mine...no earbuds included. Other than that, size is fantastic. Screen sharpness is way better and no issues typing on the keyboard. Doesn't look or feel toy like at all. Overall, better than expected.

Gotta head out to work now, will install my Slingplayer when I return home.
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintTreoUser View Post
    Just received mine...no earbuds included.
    Enjoy it.

FYI: Headsets are not suppose to be included in the box.

In the box
    Palm® Centro™ smartphone
    Removable battery
    AC charger
    USB sync cable
    User documentation
    Software Installation CD
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    FYI: Palm site says no, Sprint site says yes on the inclusion of the headset. See attached if the link doesn't work.

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp...neSKU=PTR690HK
    then click on "included accessories"

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Enjoy it.

FYI: Headsets are not suppose to be included in the box.

In the box
    Palm® Centro™ smartphone
    Removable battery
    AC charger
    USB sync cable
    User documentation
    Software Installation CD
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    FYI: Palm site says no, Sprint site says yes on the inclusion of the headset. See attached if the link doesn't work.

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp...neSKU=PTR690HK
    then click on "included accessories"
    Good catch crogs571

Go Figure

Well I would then buy the Centro from the Sprint store, open the box and show the sprint rep the "stereo headset it missing". You may get a freebie.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    It's a logical thing to ask. Wouldn't be the first time they've screwed up something like that. I know I'll ask for it when I get mine if the description hasn't been changed.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    It's a logical thing to ask. Wouldn't be the first time they've screwed up something like that. I know I'll ask for it when I get mine if the description hasn't been changed.
    If I were you I would print out the Sprint web site that indicates the stereo headset is included.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I didn't expect to get the earbuds with it...just confirming for others that it doesn't. Don't need them anyway...still have an unopened pair from my 755.

Anyway, got Slingplayer installed...screen may be smaller, but it sure is much sharper.

Other things I've noticed is that with the improved sharpness, the colors on the themes and programs such as Colorize are way better as well.

Also, the 5 way navigator is terrific. I always used my fingernail or tip of my finger to hit the center button...no need any longer...new design is definitely better.
    how about the customizable button on the side? Easy to configure? Any limitations to what it can and can't do?
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    Syncing will, sadly, be about the same. Syncing on Treos has always been horrible - be it PalmOS or WinMo.

There is a 2.5 mm headset jack - but you'll need an adapter, just like with the 650. Only time will tell if the solder points on the Centro are any better than on the 650, where they broke all the time.
    Um...I have to disagree on sync...Windows Mobile (Active Sync, or WMDC) is rock solid, in my experience. And it works great over BT.

Palm sync sucks...you really have to buy Chapura if you want reliable sync, and even then, you are subject to the crappy BT in Palm devices.
    For the once in a blue moon that I actually sync to my computer, I have zero issues with a basic cable sync. If you're backing up to a card you don't need to sync to the pc too often. I backup my card on the pc once a week or so too in case I lose the card or phone. No chance of losing the card only with the Centro though.
    another good thread Dieter - thanks
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by polowear28 View Post
    Not entirely. WM devices, at least the ones I've had w/ sprint, allow more than 160 characters per message. I also know the katana did for sure. GSM users can do it w/ a workaround not requiring 3rd party software. Granted that when it sends the message it breaks it into several individual 160 character texts. I guess my question is if it will let you create a text message longer than 160 characters even if it breaks off after being sent?
    Actually,its a technology limitation, and has nothing to do with Palm. I use Sprint as a personal phone service, and Verizon as business (no choice there). SMS has 160 character limitation per message on both providers. If you are sending more than that, then your message is likely being broken up into more than one message. I don't have my Centro yet so cannot speak about it, but my 700p on Sprint does break your message up for you automatically.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Double Post.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Hey everybody! this is my first post. I have been viewing the forum since the centro was released and decided to sign up today.

I have a couple questions.

1. Can you use mp3's(one's you have on your computer) as ringtones out of the box or do you need a program to assign them to a contact?

2. Can you force the phone to roam? I have tried it on a friend's centro but I couldn't find anything that would let me. The reason i ask, is because Alltel's internet access is better in the area I live. I have seen it done on a Treo 700wx .

Any answers would be great. Thanks.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast