Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Interest level in the Centro is low on TC - after 7 hours this thread is not even 2 pages long.

Surur
    i'm not sure they made it small enough (or different enough) especially when comparing it to its siblings. the most attractive part about it is its price and is truly is its biggest difference which could go to help sales in a big way.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    It's biggest competitor is the 755p. Go palm go..I know this Treo will outsell the other.. well..treo..
    "By: surur at Today 07:36 PM

Interest level in the Centro is low on TC - after 7 hours this thread is not even 2 pages long.

Surur"

The majority of the people who will buy this device are not on these boards. They are the same folks who are starting to by Blackberry Pearls because they are small and cute, they can read their e-mail on them, they are small and cute, they can do a little surfing, and did I mention, they are small and cute.

The market is not this group of jaded Treo war horses.

By the way, I'm a overly proud Treo 750 owner

Gettyup!
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post

Storage Heap (Flash)
    Total Size: 70472kb
    Total Free: 62040kb

NVDS DB Cache (RAM)
    Total Size: 17327KB
    Total free: 12278KB
    Largest Free chunk: 12210KB

Dynamic Heap (RAM)
    Total Size: 10304KB
    Total Free: 8200KB
    Largest Free Chunk: 5284KB
    Just as an FYI for those who are interested in a comparison with the 755p, the NVFS DB Cache is almost exactly the same (a few KB larger at 17407). The dynamic heap is also a little larger: 10240KB. However, the storage heap is smaller, 64336KB.
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    The majority of the people who will buy this device are not on these boards. They are the same folks who are starting to by Blackberry Pearls because they are small and cute, they can read their e-mail on them, they are small and cute, they can do a little surfing, and did I mention, they are small and cute.
    I agree. In my family alone, my wife, and two daughter-in-laws will definitely consider the Centro when their plans are up for renewal. And the only one of them whose ever heard of TC is my wife (because of me).

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    hey, does the centro have a touch screen? uses stylus?I seem to read somewhere that it main input is the keyboard only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Japorms View Post
    hey, does the centro have a touch screen? uses stylus?I seem to read somewhere that it main input is the keyboard only.
    Yes. Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Japorms View Post
    No, its exactly the same as the 755p (but smaller).

Surur
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Why doesn't if have a mini USB connector like the Treo500v?
    BlackBerry, Nokia & Motorola have all gone this direction and it doesn't make sense that Palm continues with dodgy universal connector.
    Palm IIIx > m505 > Tungsten T > T5 > Red BlackBerry Pearl 8110 (only device work IT will allow!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else....
    I'll let you speak for me too.
    I havn't been this active on TC since the release of the 650. Nothing that Palm has released since then has been a significant enough change for me to jump. For me, there are three major factors; size, data speed and OS. If you compare the Centro to the GSM 650, there is a big step forward in size (including the loss of the antena) and data speed. Unfortunately, nothing has changed with the POS.
    Leave the plastic they put on it to protect it while in the box. I've done that for weeks with my 700's waiting on screen protectors. I actually forget I have it on there till I start scraping up the plastic. But it works fine as a temporary fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadpiratedoug View Post
    Do have any ideas on when cases or screen protectors will be coming out? Sena is sending out the pre-ordered cases on Nov 14th, but I'll want something to protect the screen at least the week I get the phone.

Is the store going to have anything, or do you have any suggestions?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    When texting, are we still limited to 160 characters?
    Quote Originally Posted by polowear28 View Post
    When texting, are we still limited to 160 characters?
    I always thought those were carrier limitations???
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Not entirely. WM devices, at least the ones I've had w/ sprint, allow more than 160 characters per message. I also know the katana did for sure. GSM users can do it w/ a workaround not requiring 3rd party software. Granted that when it sends the message it breaks it into several individual 160 character texts. I guess my question is if it will let you create a text message longer than 160 characters even if it breaks off after being sent?
    Not entirely. WM devices, at least the ones I've had w/ sprint, allow more than 160 characters per message. I also know the katana did for sure. GSM users can do it w/ a workaround not requiring 3rd party software. Granted that when it sends the message it breaks it into several individual 160 character texts.
    I didn't know that. Tks for the education.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  16. bak
    Hi I have a few questions,

1.Have you tried SlingPlayer on the Centro? Does it work the same as a 755p?

2.How is the bluetooth compared to the 650's practically unusable bluetooth?

3.Can it be used as a modem for a laptop while on the road?

Thanks in advance!
    so if that's more of a software limitation, then a 3rd party should try and make a program or plug in to solve that. I doubt Palm really cares about that limitation as a make or break selling feature.
    Not entirely. WM devices, at least the ones I've had w/ sprint, allow more than 160 characters per message. I also know the katana did for sure. GSM users can do it w/ a workaround not requiring 3rd party software. Granted that when it sends the message it breaks it into several individual 160 character texts. I guess my question is if it will let you create a text message longer than 160 characters even if it breaks off after being sent?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    If we keep in mind that posters are saying this will be a multimedia phone aimed at people that like to text, take pics & browse the web, the possibility is still there.
    Not entirely. WM devices, at least the ones I've had w/ sprint, allow more than 160 characters per message.
    The Treo 700wx doesn't do this and neither did the 6700, IIRC. Only after the Palm thread app hack does it "break the message in 2+ messages".

But yeah, the 160 limitation is carrier based; breaking it into 2+messages is a software work around.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by harps View Post
    Why doesn't if have a mini USB connector like the Treo500v?
    BlackBerry, Nokia & Motorola have all gone this direction and it doesn't make sense that Palm continues with dodgy universal connector.
    So current POS owners can migrate to it smoothly? MiniUSB doesn't charge very fast. Admittedly the athena connect is badly designed connector but I don't think Palm is at a position to switch connector again.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast