1.    #1  
    This is a vanilla 755p and a Dell Vista laptop...

The Desktop, etc., was installed from the Palm 755p disk. Everything worked last evening, and nothing new has been installed, but this afternoon is frustrating:

1. When I try to hotsync (any way), I get a conduit conflict. This is despite the fact that in Applications all conduits are turned OFF.

2. All laptop software associated with the Palm is S-L-O-W, including the Desktop.

3. I cannot open the hotsync icon in the notification tray. When I right-click on it and select SETTINGS, I get something in the task bar that cannot be opened. The only way to close it is via the Task Manager.

Any ideas?
    I suspect Vista.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/windowsvista/

Appears you can download a Vista compatible (beta version) hotsync Manager. . . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 10/09/2007 at 08:23 PM.
  3.    #3  
    I guess Vista is the "Ordinary Suspect" when anything goes wrong, but it's worked very well for me and hotsync went well last evening.

I'll try to find the Vista hotsync...

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryE View Post
    I guess Vista is the "Ordinary Suspect" when anything goes wrong, but it's worked very well for me and hotsync went well last evening.

I'll try to find the Vista hotsync...

Thanks!

The link was in my prior post. . . .
  5.    #5  
    Deleted all Palm, installed the beta newPALM that's supposedly compatible with Vista. No change whatever - Desktop is slow (five minutes to close), HotSync doesn't, and when I try to open Settings in HotSync (rt click on notification icon), I get a freeze.
    Bummer
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    Is your bluetooth on the laptop a USB dongle? If so, do other USB devices work okay in the ports you're using? Maybe your USB bus controller is messed up, ordinary software like hotsync manager shouldn't be able to freeze the computer like that unless there is a hardware issue underneath.
    Have you installed any new software or installed anything new USB wise lately?