Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I have not tried to take a picture yet. Here what I did I created new Album called MyPic and told it create Album On Card. With MyPic selected I took a picture. Then clicked on the save Icon and it took about 2 seconds to write it.
    Quote Originally Posted by porkozone View Post

When trying to transfer files back and forth from my Mac, it can be a little odd as well. Using the card reader app that comes with Missing Sync, I initially could connect to the desktop with the card, but transferring files from itunes would almost always generate an error while copying. Now, the card won't seem to mount at all via Missing Sync. When using my trial of Card Reader, it does mount and tranfers files pretty well, but it takes a very long time to mount (30+ seconds), while the card reader screen switches back and forth between "reading" and "writing" constantly during that time.

My issues may be application specific, but I wanted to point them out, either to see if anyone else is using the same card and software *without* issues, to see if maybe I just have a bad card.

I formatted my card via an external card reader as a MSDOS Fat32 using my Mac. I may try to format it from a Windows machine at some point to see if that makes any difference. It shouldn't, but you never know.
    I am using Missing SYnc on my Treo as well. I am very curious about how well the Sandisk 6gb card works with Missing Sync.

I rely on Missing sync heavily to sync my pictures with a folder on my card. every now and then i also install podcasts thru it. I have had 4gb SDHC cards go bad on me with missing sync, and i am afraid this will happen again. Those that gone bad i tried to install about 1gb worth of data thru missing sync, which i have avoided doing since then and so far i am very happy with how my 4gb card is performing.

I am very interested because i am in dire need of a bigger SD card... have 4gb card but i have to install a medical app that will take an additional 2gb!

Thanks!
    Hey all,

I've been looking around and pricing the MicroSD/SDHC cards and thought I'd share my findings.

Amazon.com has Sandisk 4GB SDHC cards for $16.00 and 8GB SDHC cards for $47.00.

Pricewatch.com has some good deals too but not quite as cheap as Amazon.

Aside from that, I was curious to know if anyone has tried putting an 8GB card into their Centro...anyone?
    I purchased two 4 GB Kingston SDHC cards for two Centros. Both phones only recognize the cards for a few seconds then both phones beep and say "no card inserted".

I reformatted them w/ my desktop as FAT32(no other option available) with no different results.

Anyone got any ideas??
    I'm actually using an 8gb microsdhc card. Of course Palm reports the wrong amount of space available and total, but I am able to access all 7.8 gigs of music I've put on it.
    You should be able to format the cards as FAT16 through the command line.

You might also want to try a different cluster size.

Kingston cards are notorious for problems btw though. I believe Kingston even changed the Treo status to unsupported due to problem reports.
    I bought a Sandisk 4 gb SDHC card today. Works great and saves photos and videos almost instantly on the card. Best Buy matched Office Depot's sale price of $39.99. That price is only good through Saturday, May 3rd.

Now I see the Amazon price is only $22 something new in retail pkg or $18 something new in bulk pkg.
    Last edited by RickMG; 05/02/2008 at 10:54 PM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    usinig 8gb microSD from microcenter works fine
    Palm Pro < Palm III < Palm IIIx < Palm IIIe < Palm VII < Handspring Visor < Sony PEG s320 < Kyocera 6035 < Samsung i300 < Palm TC < Sprint 650 < LifeDrive < Sprint Treo 700p < Sprint Treo 755p < Sprint Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAngler View Post
    I purchased two 4 GB Kingston SDHC cards for two Centros. Both phones only recognize the cards for a few seconds then both phones beep and say "no card inserted".

I reformatted them w/ my desktop as FAT32(no other option available) with no different results.

Anyone got any ideas??
    I too am having the same problem...same exact card as yours, put it in the Centro, works fine for a while, then says "no card inserted" went back to the store, tried it on a different phone and same results...methinks it's the 4GB sd "HC" that is causing the problem...I seem to remember seeing something somewhere in Palm's stuff that said the HC was not supported?
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchiTexTLL View Post
    I too am having the same problem...same exact card as yours, put it in the Centro, works fine for a while, then says "no card inserted" went back to the store, tried it on a different phone and same results...methinks it's the 4GB sd "HC" that is causing the problem...I seem to remember seeing something somewhere in Palm's stuff that said the HC was not supported?
    As mentioned previously in this thread, it is very probably the KINGSTON cards that are causing your problems not the HC. Kingston cards are notorious for causing problems. See post #47 above by Papped. It claims that Kingston cards no longer support Treo/Centro devices.

I have used Transcend and SanDisk cards in 4GB, 6GB and 8GB HC in my Centro and other devices with no problems.

Elfyn
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123