Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    I found a 2GB at Costco for under $40. Is that a good price? I was looking for a 4GB but don't know what they go for or know if I really need that much?
    Personally, I'm planning on going on newegg and getting one of the $20 microSD cards. Costco's not quite the cheapest, but it's not too bad.

Based on the above issues people have reported with 4 GB and higher cards, I'm tempted to shy away from them until I hear more reports.
    Last edited by NitohRyu; 11/08/2007 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Oops, minor typo...
    If you can wait till Black Friday, there are some good deals:
    - Sandisk 2GB mini micro SD @ Officemax $20

I am sure there will be more too. I did really well last year on SD cards for our camera.

Franko
    Check out the info at
    http://www.sdcard.org/about/sdhc#1

Basically it says :
    * SDHC - New memory card with capacity above 2GB
    * SDHC Host Products can use both SD and SDHC Memory Cards.
    * SD Host Products can use only SD Memory Card 2GB or less.
    * SDHC (above 2GB) must have both the SDHC and the Speed Class logo.
    * Don't buy a SD card above 2GB unless it is a SDHC card.

Question: is the Centro a "SDHC Host Product"...I think so. Some people are using 4GB and greater sized cards successfully.

I wonder what speed class people are using on their 4GB/6GB cards that are working? Class 2, Class 4 or Class 6? (see the above link for information about the speed classes)

Franko
    Last edited by franko353; 11/08/2007 at 09:59 AM.
    I wanted to post again to say that I'm running a 6 gig Sandisk class 4 Micro sdhc card with virtually no issues. No freezing (though I've only deleted backupman sets), no word skipping when using CallRec. The card is working flawlessly. I formatted as Fat 32 using CardReader instead of using the Centro itself to format.

The only issue I had, and I don't consider it an issue, is that sometimes the amount of memory left is reported inaccurately. For me, Sprint Music Manager initially reported it as being a 2 gig card. Howevever, I later went back into Sprint Music Manager and it was reporting the correct amount of memory left.

Don't be afraid of 4+ gig SDHC cards. I mean, I guess mine could be a fluke that it's working correctly, but I don't think so.
    Where did you get it and about how much?
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    Where did you get it and about how much?
    Supermedia store (dot com) and $89.99 including shipping. I probably could have found it a little less somewhere else...I think Amazon has some good prices. But I didn't think it was an awful price. And 6 gigs will be enough for me for quite some time. I won't be looking for another card til they have 10+ gigs available. My iPod is a 4-gig model...so that still left me with 2 gigs for movies, files, etc.
    The 8GB SanDisk cards should start showing up in stores within the next few weeks, now that SanDisk has announced they're shipping.

I'll probably blow the $120 bucks, and see how it work on my Centro.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    I wanted to post again to say that I'm running a 6 gig Sandisk class 4 Micro sdhc card with virtually no issues. No freezing (though I've only deleted backupman sets), no word skipping when using CallRec. The card is working flawlessly. I formatted as Fat 32 using CardReader instead of using the Centro itself to format.

The only issue I had, and I don't consider it an issue, is that sometimes the amount of memory left is reported inaccurately. For me, Sprint Music Manager initially reported it as being a 2 gig card. Howevever, I later went back into Sprint Music Manager and it was reporting the correct amount of memory left.

Don't be afraid of 4+ gig SDHC cards. I mean, I guess mine could be a fluke that it's working correctly, but I don't think so.
    I have a class 4 6gb SDHC card in my Centro, and it does seem to be acting somewhat flakey. I routinely listen to podcasts via pTunes via Softick Audio Gateway using my Bluetooth Headphones. With other cards, I'll often be listening to a audio file, and go into pTunes and "clean out" podcasts I've already listened to. Occasionally this would cause a split-second skip in what I was listening to, and that's it.

With the 6gb card, when I do this, the audio pauses until the delete finishes - and the deletions from the new card take much longer. Sometimes, it will take a really long time (2-3 minutes for a 30mb file), and if so, my BT connection will die, forcing me to reset the device before I can connect again.

I don't know where these issues stem from, and could be related to either SAG, pTunes, or the card itself. However, it does seem to take a long time to delete from the card.

When trying to transfer files back and forth from my Mac, it can be a little odd as well. Using the card reader app that comes with Missing Sync, I initially could connect to the desktop with the card, but transferring files from itunes would almost always generate an error while copying. Now, the card won't seem to mount at all via Missing Sync. When using my trial of Card Reader, it does mount and tranfers files pretty well, but it takes a very long time to mount (30+ seconds), while the card reader screen switches back and forth between "reading" and "writing" constantly during that time.

My issues may be application specific, but I wanted to point them out, either to see if anyone else is using the same card and software *without* issues, to see if maybe I just have a bad card.

I formatted my card via an external card reader as a MSDOS Fat32 using my Mac. I may try to format it from a Windows machine at some point to see if that makes any difference. It shouldn't, but you never know.
    Last edited by porkozone; 11/08/2007 at 12:30 PM.
    I'm using a Sandisk 6gb, class 4 (got it for $68; it's down to $64).

Working flawlessly. I had to format it on a PC though as, ironically, the Centro made it unreadable when it formatted it. Other than that though, very happy.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    [snip]...Working flawlessly. I had to format it on a PC though as, ironically, the Centro made it unreadable when it formatted it. Other than that though, very happy.[/snip]
    Same here...I formatted through PC and the card has performed flawlessly.
    Quote Originally Posted by t.j.k. View Post
    That's odd. I had to check and make sure and sure enough on pg 81 it says miniSD.

That sucks.
    yes, that totally sucked. we can thank sprint for that one. i made the same mistake, which cost me time, shipping charges and restock fees from newegg.

should be able to find a name brand 2 gig microSD with adapter for $20-25 via online retailers.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I just got the 6GB class 4 SanDisk microSDHC card from Amazon and it's working great so far. Seems to have very fast write speeds when using the included USB adaptor and copying movies from my PC.

As others reported, the Centro doesn't report accurate space used and available on the card but that doesn't seem to hurt any applications from working right. I have a Treo 680 with an 8GB SDHC card and have had similar size reporting issues with it with no adverse effects on applications.

I've loaded 5 GB of stuff on the card so far. My PC reports that it will hold 5.6GB of data.

Unfortunately, I ordered mine from Amazon on Monday, 11/5 for $76 and I see it has dropped $12 during the week!
    Inquiring mind want to know, can Palm OS take advantage of the higher speed of a class 4 card?

This is relevant in that a 4GB class 2 card may be all the space I need. But I may go for a 6GB class 4 card because of the potential double throughput.

If you have a class 2 or a class 4 , would you put up some bench mark numbers?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by broxman View Post
    Unfortunately, I ordered mine from Amazon on Monday, 11/5 for $76 and I see it has dropped $12 during the week!
    Amazon.com matches prices within 30 days--that is they will credit you the difference if you contact them.
    http://www.dealigg.com/story-Amazon-...rice-Guarantee

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    just fyi....2gb kingston cards are regularly $24 at MicroCenter stores if you have them around you. Or you can wait till BF when they'll be about $20. I know Office Depot is one of the places that will have it at that price. I'd go bigger than 2gb, but I don't feel like dealing with an adapter, and I have a rockboxed ipod mini with a 16gb CF card so there's no need to really deal at the moment.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    $65 shipped here: http://www.emartbuy.com/usa/ecatalog...=515&storeID=1

They have good reviews on pricegrabber as well as have a pg storefront.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I got a Sandisk 2GB with SD adapter for $15 off Amazon. I think it'll be all the space I'll need as I don't plan on using my Centro as an mp3 player.
    just got a 4 gig class 4 kingston micro card and it's slower than mud. Right after a format, a picture taked almost 12 seconds before I can save it. It takes less than 3 seconds on a half full 2 gig card. Other card related processes are also super slow w/ the 4 gig card.

Are HDSC cards just slower than non HD cards, or do I have a bad card?

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Anyone else have experience with High Speed microSDHC cards in the Centro?

NewEgg has a 4 GB, Class 6 card (Adata) available for $31 (after rebate). I'm considering it, but I need to know how it will act in the Centro.
    Yes I got the same card from NewEgg about two weeks ago and have not had any problems. I got about 2 GB movies and MP3.
    Hi resturg,

How long does it take before you can save a picture using your card? My 4g card makes me wait 12+ seconds before the little save icon is clickable?

Thanks!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast