1.    #1  
    OK first post, complete newbie to a Palm.

I bought one of those cheap (relatively) 755's off Ebay, you know the ones that have no accessories, just the phone and battery.

I thought I got a good deal because my wife has a T/X and happens to have an extra home and car charger.

But I didn't even think about the install software, and can't find it as a download on Palm's site. So am I hosed? Is there some place to find it? I did a quick search but didn't find anything.

I'm sure I'll have a bunch more questions, if I'm not already done before I start
    I do recall the palm desktop used to be available at palm.com. I know that's what I used at home when I was too lazy to get the orignal box from my office. If not, have you tried customer service. They might be able to sell the cd. Palm.com will not include the other free cd perks such as docs to go, I believe.
    Looking for link . . . . .

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...44&postcount=1

Thought this might be it, but 755p is not listed. . . .

You might them a Private Message to see if they have the 755p cd yet.
    Palm has the desktop/hotsync software for the 755p. go to palm.com, support, downloads. You should see it there.
    Matty
    I have the 755p cd if anyone needs to download it off my server.. PM me because I won't post it here.

Also you don't really need to the desktop software in order to use your 755. I never use the software and don't even have it installed and I can still get my 3rd party software installed no problem using the miniSD.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    Also you don't really need to the desktop software in order to use your 755. I never use the software and don't even have it installed and I can still get my 3rd party software installed no problem using the miniSD.

Please, please tell me how you do this!!!!
  7.    #7  
    thanks Perry, I haven't heard back from him yet

matty032 this is from the palm website:

Palm Desktop and HotSync Manager
    A web downloadable version of Palm Desktop and HotSync Manager is not available for Treo 755p smartphones at this time. Please install the Palm applications from the software CD included with your smartphone.

syphex, someone else just told me that, I'll give it a try. I might also just use my Macbook.

Does anyone know if my wife and I can share 1 calendar? I know there is a program called Clearsync, but not sure if it will work with her PC and Palm T/X and my Mac and 755P ?